What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

F-7 sure make the category of Mig-21s. Even though they are effective, but are really bad as far as the crashing rate goes. I think much of the causes of the crashing depends on the maintenance, air frame age, and total awareness of the planes condition which i am pretty sure Chinese and Russian fighters lack due to how their avionics is.
Sir simple F7 and even F7PGs were designed for short span of time yet we are extending their life, similarly I have read that Mig 21 family variants have high speed and some times pilot is unable to eject or improper ejection causes the loss of life, I wrote that PAF at least should make ejection systems better in old jets and a pro refuted my idea and said that PAF jets already have modern ejection system. Due to lack of time I am unable to do research however have seen many ejection systems in documentaries especially US ones where pilots eject even at low or very high altitudes and remain safe.

Certainly there is a sense of pride which some times brings disaster.

i'm surprised they didn't, but with the tail pic out on social media, ideally they should have.
Poor information control. For people who talk big about hybrid warfare and stuff, we do a lousy job with building narratives.

@SQ8 laid out the right approach.

We should've said:

"Yes, a JF-17 was lost to an accident. Fortunately, there are no casualties or damage to surrounding areas. AHQ is now beginning an inquiry to determine the cause of the accident. AHQ will also start talks with Pakistan Aeronautical Complex to replace this unit as soon as possible."

So: avoid the word "crash" and end the statement with something about PAC and our ability to replace this at-will. Let that last point drive the narrative (i.e. no one's stopping us from replacing this unit).

Poor information control. For people who talk big about hybrid warfare and stuff, we do a lousy job with building narratives.

We should've said:

"Yes, a JF-17 was lost to an accident. Fortunately, there are no casualties or damage to surrounding areas. AHQ is now beginning an inquiry to determine the cause of the accident. AHQ will also start talks with Pakistan Aeronautical Complex to replace this unit as soon as possible."

So: avoid the word "crash" and end the statement with something about PAC and our ability to replace this at-will. Let that last point drive the narrative (i.e. no one's stopping us from replacing this unit).

Exactly, our media relations is poor.

Question, if this was a Block 1 will it be replaced by Block 2 or they replace it like for like?

We should've said:

Keeping indians guessing is one more objective achieved.
But crowd don't think strategically.

Keeping indians guessing is one more objective achieved.
But crowd don't think strategically.
The Indians that matter aren't guessing. The plane in question is obvious. The real objective should've been to flip the script. But that's what the Indians are good at, not us. We're just stuck at doing a bad job "hiding" things, starting with OBL.

i'm surprised they didn't, but with the tail pic out on social media, ideally they should have.

Failed to understand why we are not showing failure stuff... why PAF not openly mention the aircraft lol why we are hiding stuff... because we believes sab pagal hain aur bas ham samajdaar hain lol

Failed to understand why we are not showing failure stuff... why PAF not openly mention the aircraft lol why we are hiding stuff... because we believes sab pagal hain aur bas ham samajdaar hain lol
@SQ8 and @Bilal Khan (Quwa) have beautifully spelt it out how it should have been disclosed, in this age of social media.

I had a look at the PAF website, and was really disapointed. Not one Press release since Oct 2019.

@SQ8 and @Bilal Khan (Quwa) have beautifully spelt it out how it should have been disclosed, in this age of social media.

I had a look at the PAF website, and was really disapointed. Not one Press release since Oct 2019.

And here a force who has fear to admit or mention the aircraft type which everybody knows why, this force will going to built 5th Gen fighter .... dunya nay taraki aween nahe karli... hamara masla eek hey "Ham sab ko bewakoof aur kudh ko bohat phanay khan samajtay hain" from social media to news, everyone making fun of us... JF17 na hogaya Raptor hogaya

Alhamdu'lillah the pilot is safe. Sad day for Pakistan Air Force and all combat aircraft enthusiasts all over.

Third JF-17 Thunder to honour Pakistan Air Force and to fly as the pride of Pakistan.

Aircraft
Block
Model
Serial No.
Status
Date
JF-17 Thunder
1​
A​
10-127​
Crashed​
Monday 14 November 2011
JF-17 Thunder
2​
A​
15-209​
Crashed​
Tuesday 27 September 2016
JF-17 Thunder
2​
A​
17-241​
Crashed​
Tuesday 15 September 2020

The information handling approach of Armed Forces media departments regarding crisis and disasters, is naive to say the least. People working in these departments fail to project correct information at correct time and thus form a information vacuum which is usually filled up by online propaganda or rumors. The 'uniformed men' sitting in high offices need to realise that they are not living in 80s or 90s where controlling flow of information was as easy as blocking a news from getting published in newspaper. Now every person with phone is a walking news channel. The duties of media departments of armed forces is far more than releasing of random songs and videos on timely basis. The sooner they learn it, the better.

Pakistan fought bravely and wisely on 27 Feb, but lost in media (f16, 300 terrorist). We should be so much clear that there should be no question and no doubt by neutral observer.

Considering the amount of operational hours this has accumulated, the metrics are pretty good.

While the neighbors may be having their selfpleasure sessions we need to look at the following.

The first crash caused by a combination of poor test methodology which caused the airframe to disintegrate - Pilot KIA due to low altitude and g’s pulled(quite a bit per some reports)

Second was CFIT - no fault of airframe

Third was bird strike - no fault of airframe and the pilot

Compare that to other airframe operated around us and their crash causes

Considering the amount of operational hours this has accumulated, the metrics are pretty good.

While the neighbors may be having their selfpleasure sessions we need to look at the following.

The first crash caused by a combination of poor test methodology which caused the airframe to disintegrate - Pilot KIA due to low altitude and g’s pulled(quite a bit per some reports)

Second was CFIT - no fault of airframe

Third was bird strike - no fault of airframe and the pilot

Compare that to other airframe operated around us and their crash causes
Unfortunately, we are terrible, when it comes to PR.

Back
Top Bottom