What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Do you know shabbir personally? I am his brother Wahab Ishtiaq!

Dear Nuclear pak,

Thanks for the post,do you know shabbir ishtiaq personally? I am his brother wahab ishtiaq. please reply!

Welcome to the forum sir.

abcd.png

The place where the Helicopter crashed. This is to the west of the main Skardu-Gilgit road.

To the east there is the old runway (runway 15,33), and further east, the PAF airbase with the newer runway (runway 14,32).

Search Skardu airport and you will get the idea.

August 6 - According to local news channels, today a Pakistan Air Force (PAF) MFI-17 Mushshak basic trainer aircraft after experiencing some technical problem made a forced landing in an open field in Charsadda.

Both pilots of the aircraft remained safe and unhurt.

mfi_17_aug6b.jpg

mfi_17_aug6a.jpg

mfi_17_aug6e.jpg

mfi_17_aug6c.jpg

mfi_17_aug6d.jpg

mfi_17_aug6f.jpg

CFIT perhaps, damage doesn't seem to be much.

Front gear has gone off.

wow! pilot did a hell of a job landing on a field, clearly shows the class of paf training regime.

hardly a scratch on the aircraft.....

but i think the farmer will be very angry :D

looks like a loss of power on the looks of it.

looks like a loss of power on the looks of it.

Likely. The landing gear is on, and there are hardly any trials behind the aircraft. It seems as if it had vertical landing gone wrong. The aircraft looks in a good condition meaning that the technical fault occured when the aircraft was flying low or the pilots had warning and quickly reacted by lowering the altitude.

do you know what CFIT means? how can this mishap be a CFIT?

CFIT (controlled flight into terrain). It not only refers to crashing into a mountain, but also deliberately gliding your plane (crash landing) into some unprepared area, like this field.

So, the plane loses power, and the pilot glides his plane and in a controlled way (glide) lands his plane on the field. Hence Controlled flight into terrain. This is all assumption ofcourse.

The front landing has gone off.

BTW, the aircraft took off from PAF Risalpur.

Back
Top Bottom