What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Thank God pilot is safe but PAF must avoid too many crashes otherwise they won't leave any Miraj to place in museums or in bases for display.

these Mirajes are old and we need to replace them. We need to start looking some j-11 too now.

392575-MirageAFP-1339501506-637-640x480.jpg

Raptor, the picture is Mirage 2000 of what seems like BAF camo.

I have my report of the incident saved, I am told not to publish it until the actual report comes in. It's been 40 years, we need to kick in JF-17 production. But the great government and Pakistani public is already asking to CUT the already extremely limited Defense budget.

Today's PAF budget with increment is $1.8 Billion, and PAF bought 18 F-16 C+/D+ for $1.8Bn. Absurd amount IMO. With this budget, expect this thread to be active.

^^^True that...Pakistsni politicians and now the pakistani public are a truely confusdd lot...
They want every thing to be state of the art,but govt wont release the money..and whatever little money is released,both politicians and public will moan the hell out of it and demonise pakisani defence forces.

I have my report of the incident saved, I am told not to publish it until the actual report comes in. It's been 40 years, we need to kick in JF-17 production. But the great government and Pakistani public is already asking to CUT the already extremely limited Defense budget.

Today's PAF budget with increment is $1.8 Billion, and PAF bought 18 F-16 C+/D+ for $1.8Bn. Absurd amount IMO. With this budget, expect this thread to be active.
Well said brother. All i can say is that this increment is only a pack of peanuts given to PAF. Imagine a man like Naveed Qamar sitting on Defense Minster's seat. What can we expect from them. Nil outa nil.

I say this repeatedly, procurement budget is different from running budget. the 1.8billion $ budget is for the salaries of PAF personal, pensions and admin costs (VIP costs and stuff).

Procurement funds are released from government's account (Maybe Forex reserves, maybe loan or print more money and devalue your rupee)

I think its time that we speed up thunder's production.
These mirages/F-7 has become flying coffins for our pilots.

I see RAF Lancaster flying over the Hills,two three times a year......and thats a 2nd WW plane.

yeah i also saw a P-51 mustang, thats also a WW2 aircraft.
But the people who maintain it, go ask them how expensive and regularly they have to maintain those aircrafts for a few minutes flight.

on the other hand, these mirages are operational aircrafts, they fly regularly, unlike lancaster or mustang.

Really if they have invested the $1.8 Billion in making new PAC facility as well on the R&D on avionics along with production and development of JF-17 and K-8 then now it will totally a different story. Like if the PT-06 was made out of composite and PAC has joined the Chinese to developed different avionic componenets like sensors (as they had deveoped other componenets jointly) then it might be possible us to see FLIR along with IRST POD(which is already present), RD-93B, Composites and Retractable In flight rrefueeling probe and later dual seat in 2008. Then might have 11 JF-17 single seater in Kamra in 2007 and 10 JF-17 dual seat in 2008 as test and evaluation plane. More PAC would produce JF-17 like this:
110 JF-17 Block-I(30 Dual seat included) and about 70+ Dual Seat as AJTs
110 JF-17 Block-II(30 Dual seat included)
110 JF-17 Block-III(30 Dual seat included)

These planes would going to replace A-5C and Mirage in the first then F-7s later on, along with 70 FC-20s till 2015.

^^^True that...Pakistsni politicians and now the pakistani public are a truely confusdd lot...
They want every thing to be state of the art,but govt wont release the money..and whatever little money is released,both politicians and public will moan the hell out of it and demonise pakisani defence forces.

Should we all not mourn and cry when the Air Force continues to invest in F-16's from the US instead of looking towards China for total reliance? The insane investment in F-16's post 9/11 is not baffling, it is criminal because those who make decisions have consistently failed to learn from the past.....they do not deserve to hold on to important posts!

US$ 5.1 Billion were set aside for the F-16's, along with MLU, armaments, radars etc., right? So what if we bought 18 instead of the planned 36......had we invested that amount in J-10's or J-11's, we would have been a lot better off. I have said it time and again, decision to acquire more F-16's was not only insane, it was criminal!

ASIA PACIFIC Date Posted: 13-Jun-2012

Pakistan Mirage crashes during training exercise

Gareth Jennings - Aviation Desk Editor - London

A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Dassault Mirage 5 fighter aircraft crashed during a routine training sortie on 12 June, national media has reported.

The crash, which is the second such incident involving this aircraft type in the region in less than a month, occurred in the southwestern Balochistan province, the reports said.

The pilot reportedly ejected safely and was recovered shortly after the French-built fighter came down some 60 km from its home station of Masroor Air Base in Karachi. There were no casualties on the ground.

Military authorities are currently investigating the cause of the crash.

The PAF operates a number of Mirage 5-variant aircraft, the first of which entered service in 1973. These variants comprise the multirole Mirage 5PA (1973), Mirage 5PA2 (1981), Mirage 5PA3 (1982) and Mirage 5EF (1998) and the reconnaissance Mirage 5DR (2004). It is not known which variant was involved in this incident.

With Mirage III fighters also in service, the PAF is the largest Mirage operator outside of France

Thank GOD the pilot is safe .. until thunders are put in large numbers inshallah this risk will stay i hope no more crashes take place.

Should we all not mourn and cry when the Air Force continues to invest in F-16's from the US instead of looking towards China for total reliance? The insane investment in F-16's post 9/11 is not baffling, it is criminal because those who make decisions have consistently failed to learn from the past.....they do not deserve to hold on to important posts!

US$ 5.1 Billion were set aside for the F-16's, along with MLU, armaments, radars etc., right? So what if we bought 18 instead of the planned 36......had we invested that amount in J-10's or J-11's, we would have been a lot better off. I have said it time and again, decision to acquire more F-16's was not only insane, it was criminal!
air force only spent 3 billion dollars and that two on weapons, upgrades..they havent really invested much in it

As I have siad before the F16s have their own utility. Secondly we do not know the cause of this accident and need to wait till we know more.
You guys need to understand that there are reasons behind a certain procurement. PAF people dont just go out and say we like this model , lets get it. A lot of thought go behind it. J10 B is still not ready for induction as i dont think anyone has reported a squadren inducted in china even. There are issues with the engine and this will take time. You are already winging about one russian engine. Do you really want to have a double headache? What are the indications that the russians would even allow AL31F to be exported to Pakistan? Similarly J11, although I would love to see a couple of Squadrens of it in PAF/PN, do we have the resources to maintain a twin engined plane with a russian engine (and possible litigation about copyright infringements,) that they might not allow us to have. All these prospects may well open up once WS10 matures, so how does your current needs play up against these factors.
Remember that JFT also is in a state of evolution. All of you need to be aware that it is evolving. Do you want the PAF to be composed of entirely one fighter? If we spend our funds now on JFT how do we buy the next generation of fighters?
These things are why we have people who spend their lives with planes and look after their motherlands security. Sure we have problems and an inept government and a raging war scenario in our immediate neighbourhoood and even within our own country, but look at your priorities and tell me how you are going to provide funds for your purchases?
Everything carries a cost and has a liability associated with it . People actually spend their lives doing cost /benefit analysis and i can tell you that the least productive way to spend your money is in buying planes and boats while the nation starves.
I hope you understand my sentiments behind this post. The recent losses are indeed sad, and the mirages are old , but we need to soldier on and accept that attrition is a possibility on any platform.
Araz

Back
Top Bottom