What's new

Not so secular India

My opinion is such:

India is not completely secular. It has problems with Hindu nationalists (who are also tools for the West). We should acknowledge these problems and discuss how to get rid of them. However, some Pakistani posters use these problems as reasons to take a sanctimonious attitude towards India. This is not justified, since Pakistan is even less secular than India.

you are correct. about hindu nationalist and india not been completly secular even though its constitution states it is. As far as pakistan is concerned there are lots of threads that expose Pakistans inadequacies and we are more than happy to acknowledge and discuss them on those thread. But pakistans or others shortcomings do not mitigate and or excuse some indians insisting they are secular when they are not, I dont even know why some of them defend this claim other than the west likes to describe itself as secular and many inidans would rather associate themselves with whites not from the neighbourhood.

Its been a real eye opener on this thread that they are so much in denial

you are correct. about hindu nationalist and india not been completly secular even though its constitution states it is. As far as pakistan is concerned there are lots of threads that expose Pakistans inadequacies and we are more than happy to acknowledge and discuss them on those thread. But pakistans or others shortcomings do not mitigate and or excuse some indians insisting they are secular when they are not, I dont even know why some of them defend this claim other than the west likes to describe itself as secular and many inidans would rather associate themselves with whites not from the neighbourhood.

What does that even mean? :cheesy:

Anyone neutral, who has been reading this thread will agree with whatever arguments have been put forward by the Indian side. If you are incapable of discussing something, then stay out of it, no need for your random rants.

THE WORD denial, is better defined by the GOP and its Citizens than us INDIANS. This is what you guys practice and preach for any calamity that occurs on the face of this planet. Any terrorist attack (square root = Pakistan) we did not send Kasab (Square root = Pakistan). Seems rather lethargic to suggest we are in denial dude after you guys fail to understand Pakistan is the epic centre of terrorism. Your citizens were mourning the death of OBL while the whole world celebrated. If that does not explain DENIAL I don’t know what does. Back to topic, both countries have flaws in the secular model, corrections need to be made to become a fully operational secular democracy which India is doing at its best above and beyond, weather Pakistan is doing so is a matter for yourself to judge not us.

What i could gather from Aryan_B's numerous posts is this : "Pakistan has many failures. Pakistan is not secular. Therefore India is not secular. Even if it is, I refuse to believe it. Indians need to stop calling India secular because I don't believe it."

My opinion is such:

India is not completely secular. It has problems with Hindu nationalists (who are also tools for the West). We should acknowledge these problems and discuss how to get rid of them. However, some Pakistani posters use these problems as reasons to take a sanctimonious attitude towards India. This is not justified, since Pakistan is even less secular than India.

Every country has far right parties. USA, UK, France, and every other country which claims to be secular. So does India. Its a secular democracy, people have the right to have their opinions and express themselves.

Pakistan is not less secular. Pakistan is not secular at all. Its an Islamic "Republic".

I think some Indians are a bit touchy and have gone well off the topic in knocking pakistan and others.

It's not just us. They don't even accept their fellow Indians who dare to speak the truth. It's enormously entertaining to watch the dance of evasion and denial.

We, at least, are lucky to be on a forum. The most they can do is throw petty words at us. The real brave souls are the Indians who dare to face the wrath of the Hindutva goons by opening their mouth.

India is not completely secular. It has problems with Hindu nationalists (who are also tools for the West). We should acknowledge these problems and discuss how to get rid of them.

First of all, thank you for being honest. This debate is not about 'Hindus v/s Muslims'; it's about Hindu fundamentalists v/s secularism. There are many proud Indian Hindus who are just as concerned about the impact of Hindu fundamentalism upon Indian society. The fight for secularism will be fought by people who acknowledge the challenge, not by those who live in denial and throw mud at anyone who dares to speak the truth.

However, some Pakistani posters use these problems as reasons to take a sanctimonious attitude towards India. This is not justified, since Pakistan is even less secular than India.

1- Pakistan is not the subject of this thread.
2- It is an open international forum; if you look around, there are all kinds of threads about lots of topics. Indians need to outgrow this victim mentality and stop acting so precious.

Still smarting from the months old thrashing, eh? ;)

Yes, like I am still smarting from the 1971 thrashing as well. ;)

Unbelievable, you guys are. Snatching a consolation prize from the worst defeats.

But it works for us.

I really won't want to take even that away from you.

My opinion is such:

i too agree that india is not secular

with bearded mullahs dictating to the masses whom to vote.....shahi imam doing a rowdy act vandalising the ahmedi exhibition in the national capital and police doing nothing to stop it.....the plethora of muslim parties that have mushroomed all over india that seek vote directly based on religion and playing the victim card.....

how can india be secular with all these acts.....

but among all these only hindu nationalists caught your eye.....this just proves my post that in india the secularism is taken to be anti-hinduism...and then they wonder why some hindus oppose it.......if you want me to secular at the cost of others taking a cheap shot at my religion..you guys can go dig....

lemme tell you one thing.....you guys are doing one grave mistake...you are doing the wolf-wolf story all over again...now the number of hindu nationalists is very miiniscule and negligible...but keep crying like this....and see their number rise exponentially...then you will know for real what hindu nationalism means....

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Sadly this is not the first or the last of such threads. Something that Indians have to understand here is to learn to read their "Psyche".

Number One: Pakistan is not secular and hence they have zero understanding on the word secularism. The way they look at it is like a one way street, that is how Muslims have been affected and how Hindus affected Muslims (In India). The tiny sacrifices that either community makes or even the basics of how Hindus and Muslims can stay on the same street, go to the same college or even have a Hindu professor in a class room filled with students from all religion is foreign to them. Here in lies the problem with such debates, its futile to discuss and describe a phenomenon that is totally alien to them.

Number Two: Most of these guys have been bought up thinking Muslims and Hindus cannot co-exist and hence they were lucky enough to form a nation for themselves. This creates confusion in their mind when they see Muslims in India doing reasonably well, a contradiction to what they believe in. Hence, the need to debate with a "Hindu" Indian. If they ever had the chance to debate this with majority of the Muslim population in India they would shut-up real fast.

There is no point in debating when the other side does not believe or have an idea on the fundamentals of Secularism. This has been proved by the 100s of such threads on the same topic in this forum.

The answer to this debate is very simple...just agree to disagree and move on!

well said sir....i agree with you and vinod sir's posts....

Yes, like I am still smarting from the 1971 thrashing as well. ;)

Unbelievable, you guys are. Snatching a consolation prize from the worst defeats.

But it works for us.

I really won't want to take even that away from you.

Yes, I remember when you got thrashed by some Chinese posters also and they dismissed you as a "petty little man" who mistakes getting the last word in and getting cheered by fellow Indian trolls as "victory". It's quite an "incredible" performance.

Ah, good times! :)

Yes, I remember when you got thrashed by some Chinese posters also and they dismissed you as a "petty little man" who mistakes getting the last word in and getting cheered by fellow Indian trolls as "victory". It's quite an "incredible" performance.

excuse me...havent you been doing the same for about 40 pages now....

ahh..the inbuilt pakistani grandstanding....

I think this thread has run its course. All the claims raised by Pakistanis have been debunked, with proof. But somehow its not visible to people, or they rather choose to ignore it :cheesy:

Its actually quite funny.

Your need to declare "victory", sucking up to the Chinese (even when they go gaga over the dreaded Modi ;) ), your trying to be an advocate of Indian Muslims here but howling in pain when an Indian Muslim puts you in your place.

Its all see through. You may not realize that in your little closet. But then, its not really new for us.

And yes, I may get cheered by "fellow Indian trolls" for this post as well, however much that may upset you. ;)

BTW, where are the mods who hand out infractions for the "troll fatwa". Is it OK to issue the fatwa for our Islamist, Ummah supporter "think tank"?

Back
Top Bottom