What's new

Not so secular India

It begins when the ability to debate with logic runs out of steam but the need to win over the point does not.
The poster then finds no cork for his/her frustration and in desperation pelts out both personal attacks and off topic references.
Its fairly common here.

no patronsing please...

if its fair to all...developero had his concerns addressed,rebutted way way back in some 15 or 20 pages...

its just his need to cling on to his pre-conceived ntions about hindutva taking over india and making muslims work in concentration camps that has stretched it so far...in the meantime he making some extra-ordinarily wild claims...

so again..no patronising...

It begins when the ability to debate with logic runs out of steam but the need to win over the point does not.
The poster then finds no cork for his/her frustration and in desperation pelts out both personal attacks and off topic references.
Its fairly common here.

It's sad to see them running around like headless chickens and run off into the safety of stock responses: Pakistan, blasphemy aw, terrorism, blah balh...

And the irony is that I haven't even brought in the big guns yet: I have tried to use Indian sources as much as possible and avoided international reports comparing India's record on the global stage, because that would open the off-topic floodgates.

They don't even trust their own people: Sachar was lying, Congress is lying, the Muslims are lying, the secularists are lying, the communalists and the Marxists and everybody else is conspiring against the valiant Hindutva.

Annual expenditure according to NSSO

1993-94 2004-05 Grwoth annualized

Hindu 676 1,586 8.06
Muslim 620 1,459 8.09
Christin 838 2,263 9.46
National 682 1,605 8.10
Figures in Rupees, average annual expenditure. India Today, 24 Sept 2007

Economic | Indian Muslims

As someone has said, Indian Muslims earns more than Pakistani Muslims, more educated than Pakistani Muslims, lives longer than Pakistani Muslims.

From wiki,

It shows the rising power of militant Hindutva.

So when Indian Christians protest again The Da Vinci Code, thats fine.

When Indian Muslim protest against Salman Rushdie, thats fine.

Hindus complain against version of Ramayana being studied, that Militant Hindutva?

If thats your definition of Secularism then yes India is not secular.

But as I said earlier, our Secularism means looking after the grievances of every religious group, minority and majority.

It's sad to see them running around like headless chickens and run off into the safety of stock responses: Pakistan, blasphemy aw, terrorism, blah balh...

And the irony is that I haven't even brought in the big guns yet: I have tried to use Indian sources as much as possible and avoided international reports comparing India's record on the global stage, because that would open the off-topic floodgates.

They don't even trust their own people: Sachar was lying, Congress is lying, the Muslims are lying, the secularists are lying, the communalists and the Marxists and everybody else is conspiring against the valiant Hindutva.

stll doesnt prove how hindutva is rising or how muslims are threatened by it...basic premise of the thread...

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Hindus complain against version of Ramayana being studied, that Militant Hindutva?

But as I said earlier, our Secularism means looking after the grievances of every religious group, minority and majority.

you are just wasting your words.....perhaps the next time muslims protests against cartoons..we must make 40 page long threads about how jihadi islam is threatening the world...

Was Da Vinci Code or Satanic Verses banned in Indian universities?

I don't know what made you give that comment. UPA and economic growth is an oxymoron and they can not be clubed together.
NDA ruled India for a while and the economic growth and political stature of India grew more than ever at that time.
UPA is full of money minded as$ holes who made the word synanimous with the word India politics in international arena.

Wrong on facts.

Try reading my post again. About how the composition of the SC can be manipulated for ideological reasons.

Politicians have very little say in the appointment of SC judges. A collegium of judges from the supreme court themselves decide who gets in.

Btw, you are now moving to a extreme argument. Everytime we point out that what you are suggesting won't have a chance of happening due to a reading of the law or some other thing, you come back with what if? Stretch that endlessly & you may soon be arguing what if all the Muslims converted to Hindus............ yeah maybe theoretically possible but not likely, is it?

The average Indian may earn more, not the average Indian Muslim.

My colleague has already settled the issue.

So yes, an average Indian Muslims earns more than an average Pakistani Muslim as well.

And the state to your west doesn't claim itself to be secular.. you do.

OK, I though you abhorred the very idea of "believing in the superiority of a single religion over all others, and that religion's right to being the sole inheritor of the land".

Your very passionate post below gave that impression.

What does is when the state is being run by folks who believe in the superiority of a single religion over all others, and that religion's right to being the sole inheritor of the land.

Apparently not true.

You have issues not with the content but with the form. You don't really mind "believing in the superiority of a single religion over all others, and that religion's right to being the sole inheritor of the land" as long as the state does not "claim" itself to be "Secular".

Doing the same thing while claiming to be "Islamic" like our Western neighbor appears to be fine?

Would that be about the correct representation of your views?

The incoherent bloviations that constitute the typical Hindutva response to the topic don't merit any response. I already wrote I couldn't be bothered responding to such babblings, but ...

The abject ignorance of international work permits, business relationship management, not to mention Indian history and current events is quite a spectacle to witness. All evidence of Hindutva bigotry is just the fabrication of secularists, communalists, Marxists and all manner of evil groups, including the Indian government itself, just to defame the poor Hindutva.

Once again, since the subject itself is indefensible, I am certain we will be regaled with another off-topic babbling about Pakistan or Muslim invasions or some such.

Rhetoric has never been a good substitute for the logic and the fact.

minus ks - very terrible that he is wearing pink sari. :cry:

There is an India vs. Pakistan match here with some Pakistani players also being the umpires.

Guess what happens when the Pakistani side runs out of arguments?

They "retire hurt" some of the best Indian batsmen. The rest are still good enough for them though. ;)

Try something for yourself. Be a member of any Indian or even Western forum.

See how many Pakistani members there are wearing the pink shuttlecock burqa there?

Its funny you are so happy about your unethical practices which made some Pakistani cricketers banned recently.

One example: I am given an infraction on this thread for calling about "Pakistani troll brigade". I am asked not to issue the troll fatawa. I agree one should avoid it.

Now look at the "Think tank". The "think tank" recently issues these fatawas (of course it comes naturally in his culture). He gets to become the "think tank" for doing the same thing multiple times in this and other threads.

You may jump up and down about the "pink saree". To us it is only funny.

There is an India vs. Pakistan match here with some Pakistani players also being the umpires.

Guess what happens when the Pakistani side runs out of arguments?

They "retire hurt" some of the best Indian batsmen. The rest are still good enough for them though. ;)

Try something for yourself. Be a member of any Indian or even Western forum.

See how many Pakistani members there are wearing the pink shuttlecock burqa there?

Its funny you are so happy about your unethical practices which made some Pakistani cricketers banned recently.

One example: I am given an infraction on this thread for calling about "Pakistani troll brigade". I am asked not to issue the troll fatawa. I agree one should avoid it.

Now look at the "Think tank". The "think tank" recently issues these fatawas (of course it comes naturally in his culture). He gets to become the "think tank" for doing the same thing multiple times in this and other threads.

You may jump up and down about the "pink saree". To us it is only funny.

Didnt Karan once mention on Pakistani cricket team on this forum playing with 13 players instead of 11.. 14 if you count the 3rd umpire ;)

Annual expenditure according to NSSO

1993-94 2004-05 Grwoth annualized

Hindu 676 1,586 8.06
Muslim 620 1,459 8.09
Christin 838 2,263 9.46
National 682 1,605 8.10
Figures in Rupees, average annual expenditure. India Today, 24 Sept 2007

Economic | Indian Muslims

As someone has said, Indian Muslims earns more than Pakistani Muslims, more educated than Pakistani Muslims, lives longer than Pakistani Muslims.

And are less likely to be killed in a terror attack/communal violence than a Pakistani muslim (even including Gujrat riots in the statistics)

Guys....
Developereo is a rabid fundamentalist...
and most of all he is biased and ignorant
He is talking about my state West Bengal when he does not know anything about it

Leave him alone.. ignore him..

He needs to prove that Indian Muslims are miserable to show them that they had committed a mistake by not migrating to Pakistan

OK, here is something that will show the real intentions of this person very clearly.

Again.

Pro Israel Muslims in India ...
I am the one of those muslims :yahoo:
Good. You pass the patriotism test.

Again.

Back
Top Bottom