What's new

NorthropGrumman Tells Indian Navy NRUAV Not Mature, Buy FireScout Instead

equiliz3r

BANNED
Reaction score
NRUAV

Northrop-Grumman has made multiple presentations to the Indian Navy explaining why the IAI-HAL Naval Rotory UAV (NRUAV) based on the Chetak airframe is a bad idea. Remember, the NRUAV is a programme that has considerable Indian investment, not to mention a fully Indian-built helicopter airframe. I heard from a couple of my sources in the Navy that the Americans were making a powerful pitch against the NRUAV, so I sent NG an e-mail a few days ago.

Mike Fuqua, Northrop's Business Development Director (Tactical Unmanned Systems) replied, "Northrop Grumman is aware of the initiative announced by the Indian Government regarding NRUAV. However, we are convinced that once the issues of complexity, capability, maturity and reliability are evaluated, the Indian Navy will recognize that Fire Scout will provide the best, most cost effective, and most rapid VTUAV capability for their forces at sea."

The NRUAV is currently in its trial stage, and is still some way off from sea trials. However, the Indian Navy has fully backed the programme and has invested in it as well. At the same time, Fuqua said, "The Indian Navy has shown interest in the Fire Scout VTUAV and Northrop Grumman has been engaged with the Indian Navy to discuss capabilities. We have provided briefings and answered questions from the highest level of the Indian Navy, at their request."

More on the NRUAV in a bit.

Lol.... NG has been saying that for quite a few things! Supposedly Phalcon is of no use and we should go for B737 MESA AWACS. Elbit DIRCM is useless and we should go for AAQ24's. Navy will be of no use without their uber E-2D :disagree:

hungry wolves all having a go at the body huh!! :rolleyes:

Hopefully the armed forces will make wise decisions!

It is interesting to observe that there has been no news from Lhasa since the disturbances prior to the 30th anniversary of the Chinese invasion of Tibet {editorial, March 12}. I was in Dharmsala in northern India during this period, observing a week-long discourse on Buddhist doctrine given by the dalai lama, the leader of the Tibetan government in exile. Each day as more Tibetans were shot to death in Lhasa, the dalai lama opened his lectures by commenting on the Chinese actions and expressing his deep concern for the welfare of his people. I was greatly impressed by the skill and authority he exhibited in his dual role as a spiritual and political leader and by the courage he…

Mods a thread that has 12 post out of which 8 post of a member is deleted by you. This goes to show that how much crap this member is posting, I do not understand why this member is not getting any warning, don't you think we are encouraging such stuff by not trying to nip it in the bud.

NRUAV

e2a125e97ab1d9590a19d2e1dab2d2ba.jpg

da97b97dca7b9e72601ee5fa967556b9.jpg

e1e9e8ecb7c1a747e42b4424ab4ab635.jpg

:cheers:

Lol at the NG comment, if true. Typical arrogance and ignorance I so often, unfortunately, see.

People fail to realize that you never tell an Indian what to do, you can only politely ask and 'strongly' suggest - a culture thing I guess.

The language used by the company will not go down well with the Indian babudom. OTOH, IAI is involved in developing this NRUAV along with HAL, so chances of it getting dumped is close to nil. Firescout does not stand a chance.

If India forgo the fire scount, this would be another example of Indian politicians not going for the best and proven American system. Maybe after 10 years when the NRUAV is proven to be a dud, the guy who made the decison should be held accountable for wasting so much money. The only place it look nice is in the brochures.

NRUAV

Northrop-Grumman has made multiple presentations to the Indian Navy explaining why the IAI-HAL Naval Rotory UAV (NRUAV) based on the Chetak airframe is a bad idea. Remember, the NRUAV is a programme that has considerable Indian investment, not to mention a fully Indian-built helicopter airframe. I heard from a couple of my sources in the Navy that the Americans were making a powerful pitch against the NRUAV, so I sent NG an e-mail a few days ago.

Mike Fuqua, Northrop's Business Development Director (Tactical Unmanned Systems) replied, "Northrop Grumman is aware of the initiative announced by the Indian Government regarding NRUAV. However, we are convinced that once the issues of complexity, capability, maturity and reliability are evaluated, the Indian Navy will recognize that Fire Scout will provide the best, most cost effective, and most rapid VTUAV capability for their forces at sea."

The NRUAV is currently in its trial stage, and is still some way off from sea trials. However, the Indian Navy has fully backed the programme and has invested in it as well. At the same time, Fuqua said, "The Indian Navy has shown interest in the Fire Scout VTUAV and Northrop Grumman has been engaged with the Indian Navy to discuss capabilities. We have provided briefings and answered questions from the highest level of the Indian Navy, at their request."

More on the NRUAV in a bit.

In summary what NG saying is, "Dont put roaches in my food" :toast_sign:

PS: what is NRUAV's range?

Back
Top Bottom