What's new

Noam Chomsky speaks on Kashmir unrest, compares it with Palestine

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
BOSTON: Socio-Political commentator from Harvard, American linguist and political activist Professor Noam Chomsky compared the conditions in Kashmir to that of Palestine.

He called the current development in Kashmir as "shocking" and termed the discussion between Kashmir and the rest of the India as "hysterical". He wrote that he has discussed this topic(Kashmir issue) in India in the past, where it aroused hysteria so much that his hosts insisted on police protection for several weeks of rest of his stay.

Earlier in July 2015, Chomsky advocated that Indian army should move out of the Kashmir. "Indian Army should leave Kashmir. Kashmir has had an awful story, especially since late 80's after that fake election and that there have been horrible atrocities," said Chomsky.

In the recent conversation, he had said, "the reason Palestine has been his priority is because of the crucial role of the United States, which means that the activists in the US can do something about it, which may not happen when in case of Kashmir."

He has also called the atrocities of army in the Valley has a "superficial gesture". Chomsky said that he would have to do same on Kashmir, what he does for Palestine. In the past, Chomsky has urged for a common federal arrangement by India and Pakistan for Kashmir, so that semi-autonomous regions could loosely federated with each other.

The valley is tense after Burhan Wani's death on July 8. In subsequent protests, 44 have lost their lives, along with thousands injured. Curfew is in effect in most of the areas of Kashmir.
http://dailytimes.com.pk/pakistan/1...-on-kashmir-unrest-compares-it-with-palestine

LMAO.Noam Chomsky has been saying the same crap about Kashmir since a 2002 London Conference.
India doesn't give a rats *** about his thoughts.
He is just the western version of Arundhati Roy.

LMAO.Noam Chomsky has been saying the same crap about Kashmir since a 2002 London Conference.

Regrettably intellectuals & authors don't make the country's policy; neither does the International Court or UN Resolutions unless the stronger party graciously accepts to abide by it.

Ground reality being that 'Might is Right'. Most recent example being that International Court has decided South China Sea dispute in favour of Philippines. Should China decide to ignore it, what Philippines would or could do? Basically very little.

I repeat; Pakistan is not strong enough to liberate Kashmir by force and India is not going to give it away. That is why Musharraf was thinking 'outside of the box'. However many of my compatriots and even Kashmiris do not agree with this. Innocent Kashmiri blood would therefore continue to be shed for a very long time.

Last edited:
BOSTON: Socio-Political commentator from Harvard, American linguist and political activist Professor Noam Chomsky compared the conditions in Kashmir to that of Palestine.

He called the current development in Kashmir as "shocking" and termed the discussion between Kashmir and the rest of the India as "hysterical". He wrote that he has discussed this topic(Kashmir issue) in India in the past, where it aroused hysteria so much that his hosts insisted on police protection for several weeks of rest of his stay.

Earlier in July 2015, Chomsky advocated that Indian army should move out of the Kashmir. "Indian Army should leave Kashmir. Kashmir has had an awful story, especially since late 80's after that fake election and that there have been horrible atrocities," said Chomsky.

In the recent conversation, he had said, "the reason Palestine has been his priority is because of the crucial role of the United States, which means that the activists in the US can do something about it, which may not happen when in case of Kashmir."

He has also called the atrocities of army in the Valley has a "superficial gesture". Chomsky said that he would have to do same on Kashmir, what he does for Palestine. In the past, Chomsky has urged for a common federal arrangement by India and Pakistan for Kashmir, so that semi-autonomous regions could loosely federated with each other.

The valley is tense after Burhan Wani's death on July 8. In subsequent protests, 44 have lost their lives, along with thousands injured. Curfew is in effect in most of the areas of Kashmir.
http://dailytimes.com.pk/pakistan/1...-on-kashmir-unrest-compares-it-with-palestine
Already 33% of princely state is not with India, anyone who wants to experiment can move to those parts.

Noam Chomsky doesn't know what he is talking about. Majority of the left wingers live in lala land.

Nope, he knows your terrorist mentality and your aversion towards truth and humanity. That's why he needed police protection during his stay in india. Indians don't have any logical basis that's why they use violence and rape to suppress dissent.

Both India and Israel kill children ......
I feel it's wise to compare both.
Noam Chomsky doesn't know what he is talking about. Majority of the left wingers live in lala land.

***™

Indian left wing Commie bring naom out of the shadows when India is facing such challenges. Last time he opened his mouth was when the intolerant brigade campaigning during bihar elections. A intellectual swine who lives of such situations,he is of JNU type commie full of hatred for Indian democracy.

Regrettably intellectuals & authors don't make the country's policy; neither does the International Court or UN Resolutions unless the stronger party graciously accepts to abide by it.

Ground reality being that 'Might is Right'. Most recent example being that International Court has decided South China Sea dispute in favour of Philippines. Should China decide to ignore it, what Philippines would or could do? Basically very little.

I repeat; Pakistan is not strong enough to liberate Kashmir by force and India is not going to give it away. That is why Musharraf was thinking 'outside of the box'. However Many of my compatriots and even Kashmiris do not agree with this. Innocent Kashmiri blood would therefore continue to be shed for a very long time.

Not only China but also Russia and USA follow the dictum of might is Right

Even Turkey is killing its Kurdish rebels

I agree with most of what Chomsky says - unite Kashmir and give it a special status like Wales has in the UK. As far as defence, communication and foreign relations remain with India - I don't see a problem. They should be allowed their own flag, own national cricket team etc. Let the citizens choose to opt for either Indian or Pakistani passports. But minority rights must be protected at all costs and thus judiciary should be answerable to the Supreme Court of India. It is a win-win but I doubt Pakistan will ever agree.

I agree with most of what Chomsky says - unite Kashmir and give it a special status like Wales has in the UK. As far as defence, communication and foreign relations remain with India - I don't see a problem. They should be allowed their own flag, own national cricket team etc. Let the citizens choose to opt for either Indian or Pakistani passports. But minority rights must be protected at all costs and thus judiciary should be answerable to the Supreme Court of India. It is a win-win but I doubt Pakistan will ever agree.
Is your nation too scared to hold a plebiscite instead.

Tell that to the poor East Pakistani women.
What? that Indian army uses rape as a weapon of war against Kashmiris?

1. We would hold a plebiscite as promised if you meet the pre-conditions of the plebiscite. Get back the part of Kashmir from China which you ceded and unilaterally withdraw all troops as stated in UN Resolutions.

2. When did I say that?

Back
Top Bottom