What's new

'No smoking, no shaving': Taliban restore old rules in newly seized Afghan territory

For those who want to know why noone in pakistan like the liberal afghanis(or whatever they agree to call them selves) with help of india

But when it comes to majority of pushtoons (noone denies talis support base in pushtoon belt) and minorities they have no beef with pakistan

History will always tell that liberal afghanis with help of indians and soviets and later with liberals and americans screw afghanistan

'No smoking, no shaving': Taliban restore old rules in newly seized Afghan territory

View attachment 762474
They say they'll protect human rights but according to “Islamic values” that are interpreted differently across the Muslim world.

AFPPublished about 23 hours ago

Days after the Taliban captured a remote district in Afghanistan's north, they issued their first orders in the form of a letter to the local imam.

“It said women can't go to the bazaar without a male companion, and men should not shave their beards,” said Sefatullah, 25, a resident of Kalafgan district.

The insurgents also banned smoking, he added, and warned that anybody violating the rules “will be seriously dealt with”.

The Taliban are making huge advances across the country as they capitalise on the final withdrawal of foreign troops — capturing districts, seizing key border crossings, and encircling provincial capitals.

In some areas, they are again introducing the harsh interpretation of Islamic rule that earned them notoriety until being overthrown by the US-led invasion that followed the September 11 attacks.

Last month, they took Shir Khan Bandar, a northern customs post that connected the country to Tajikistan over a US-funded bridge that spanned the Panj river.

“After Shir Khan Bandar fell, the Taliban ordered women not to step out of their homes,” said Sajeda, who told AFP she worked in a local factory at the time.

“There were many women and young girls doing embroidery, tailoring and shoe-making [...] The Taliban's order has now terrified us,” she told AFP by phone.
View attachment 762475
A nurse checks the blood pressure of a patient for an antenatal care visit at a government-run maternity in Dand district of Kandahar province, Afghanistan, October 1, 2020. — AFP/File

The Taliban ruled Afghanistan from 1996 to 2001 according to a hardline interpretation of the Holy Quran.

Women were ordered to stay indoors unless accompanied by a male relative, girls were banned from school, and those found guilty of crimes such as adultery were stoned to death.

View attachment 762476
A nurse (R) registers a patient at a mobile clinic set up at the residence of a local elder in Yarmuhamad village, near Lashkar Gah in Helmand province, Afghanistan, March 28, 2021. — AFP/File

Men had relatively more freedom but were ordered not to shave, would be beaten if they didn't attend prayers, and were told to only wear traditional clothing.

Afghanistan is deeply conservative and some rural pockets of the country adhere to similar rules even without Taliban oversight — but the insurgents have tried to impose these edicts even in more modern centres.

'Marry your daughters to the Taliban'

A statement purporting to come from the Taliban, circulated on social media this week, ordered villagers to marry off their daughters and widows to the movement's foot soldiers.

“All imams and mullahs in captured areas should provide the Taliban with a list of girls above 15 and widows under 45 to be married to Taliban fighters,” said the letter, issued in the name of the Taliban's cultural commission.

View attachment 762477
Women wait for their turn at a mobile clinic for women and children set up at the residence of a local elder in Yarmuhamad village, near Lashkar Gah in Helmand province, Afghanistan, March 28, 2021. — AFP/File

It brought back bitter memories of the edicts issued by the Ministry for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice during the Taliban's first stint in power.

Keen to project a softer image this time around, they have denied issuing any such statement and dismissed it as propaganda.

“These are baseless claims,” said Zabihullah Mujahid, a spokesman for the group.

“They are rumours spread using fabricated papers.”

'Nobody can leave home at night'

But people in areas recently taken by the insurgents insist there is truth to the social media buzz.

In Yawan district on the Tajikistan border, the Taliban gathered residents at a local mosque after taking over.

View attachment 762479
A midwife (R) speaks to a woman during a house visitation in a rural area of Dand district in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, October 1, 2020. — AFP/File

“Their commanders told us that nobody is allowed to leave home at night,” Nazir Mohammad, 32, told AFP.

“And no person — especially the youths — can wear red and green clothes,” he said, referring to the colours of the Afghan flag.

Their orders didn't stop there.

“Everybody should wear a turban and no man can shave,” said Mohammad.

“Girls attending schools beyond sixth grade were barred from classes.”

The Taliban insist they will protect human rights — particularly those of women — but only according to “Islamic values”, which are interpreted differently across the Muslim world.

For Sajeda on the Tajikistan border, just a few days of Taliban rule was enough — and she fled south to the nearby city of Kunduz.

“We will never be able to work in areas under the Taliban,” she said, “So, we left”.

View attachment 762478
Farzana, who fled her village in Helmand province when it was taken over by the Taliban, waits to see a doctor at a mobile clinic for women and children set up at the residence of a local elder in Yarmuhamad village, near Lashkar Gah in Helmand province, Afghanistan, March 28, 2021. — AFP/File

Header image: Afghan Taliban fighters listen to Mullah Mohammad Rasool Akhund (unseen), the newly appointed leader of a breakaway faction of the Taliban, at Bakwah in the western province of Farah, Afghanistan, November 3, 2015. — AFP/File

Not our problem indian

I don't think the eagle will talk to me. if you know you tell me if she is from Pakistan and is it the KPK soil that she wants "Pakistani dushman removed from,please! (this freaking internet will be the death of me I absolutely effing hate it and curse the people who created it!!)
that character is more like a gidd. if you know what that is. joe and he are same type of poison.
just have a look at this thread and my posts. how management is defending and making excuses, which make no sense.

when someone replies to a thread or comment, they do not interfere with thread title and it does not change any characters in thread title when you reply, but all kind of stories and stupid justifications.

Gidh the janwar which in known for eating dead animals kharamkhor did that in GHQ.

I know I am asking for warnings and ban but i dont give a F. they need to understand users are not stupid to take their C & B stories.

that character is more like a gidd. if you know what that is. joe and he are same type of poison.
just have a look at this thread and my posts. how management is defending and making excuses, which make no sense.

when someone replies to a thread or comment, they do not interfere with thread title and it does not change any characters in thread title when you reply, but all kind of stories and stupid justifications.

Gidh the janwar which in known for eating dead animals kharamkhor did that in GHQ.

I know I am asking for warnings and ban but i dont give a F. they need to understand users are not stupid to take their C & B stories.
when I used to complain about him in the open forum he would delete my posts and tell me to post in the so-called GHQ. when I did guess who came to deal with my complaint? yup himself. it was like a rape victim goes to court and the presiding judge is the rapist.

a day or two ago he very menacingly ordered me never to complain again, not a gidh vulture but I think a powerless victim in realife who is overcompensating by victimizing us, sorta payback for all the hurt he may be suffering.

Last edited:
when I used to complain about him in the open forum he would delete my posts and tell me to post in the so-called GHQ. when I did guess who came to deal with my complaint? yup himself. it was like a rape victim goes to court and the presiding judge is the rapist.

a day or two ago he very menacingly ordered me never to complain again
you know what is coming next?

this is not the thread to discuss these things, off topic, posts of no value etc....

you know what is coming next?

this is not the thread to discuss these things, off topic, posts of no value etc....
yup one more point and I am on a ban. but guess who will lose the pageview and click income? not me.

I'll get time off to recover from this madness and come back with batteries fully charged. and if it is a permanent ban I might come back for the third and final time to tell him a thing or two

Propaganda? This isn't propaganda. Go look at on-ground interviews of Taliban commanders and leaders.

In their own words, they havent changed one bit in 20 years. Then you can also lool at areas under Taliban control and see the rules that are enforced there.

Taliban are an extremist group, there's no doubt or propaganda when you have facts on ground.
We dont care..remember what biden said.. it's now for afghans to decide among themselves and fight it out.

yey Pakistani dushman (don't leave this Pakistani enemy on this soil).... boy oh boy... she is an ugly crone

@The Eagle
is she from Pakistan? what is she saying, if it is not too much to ask? which soil? KPK? or some other place?
Najeeb era national song
She is afghani(if that is a term to bwgin with since afghanis dont have a single term to describe themselves)
We dont care..remember what biden said.. it's now for afghans to decide among themselves and fight it out.
Biden said afghanistan has never been a united country..its not a nation hence eternal warfare
Real solution is to divide it into 5 countries

thank you
I thought lar o bar only extended down to Attok
Attock is significant because here is where mighals and pushtoons fought for ages

However those pushtoons are now in pakistan not afghanistan so dont know what afghanis want..

They are confused..as biden put it rightly

Afghanistan is not a nation or country anyone who tried to make it a country failed

Afghanistan is remains of multiple geo poltical empires

Its pushtoon part is in pakistan, baloch part in iran and pakistan, uzeb tajik in its respective countries

Technically it shouldnt exist anymore
Or should be divided into four countries

But seems talis ablitiy to recurit tajiks & uzbeks and capturing northern parts means they may be able to unite them into a nation that noone has been able to do for 100s of years

by what standard?

they seem to own many sarkari musalmans, not just the adherents of their own home-made Islams but they also have one who they pretend is the follower of fiqh e jafriah. little devil not only makes movies extolling the virtues of hendi gods and worshiping them but also goes to court to have Quran edited.

there is nothing too low for these chanakya putras

-------------------------------------------------
I am having difficulty finding the right words to use and am losing the ability to string a sentence together hence so many edits.
I was being sarcastic.
These mullahs, moulvis, pirs and other assorted self appointed religious leaders are the main cause of keeping the Muslim masses in mental servitude.

@mods
If you're going to act like a North Korean dictatorship, or more appropriately, the Taliban, and delete posts, have the decency to tell me which post you have deleted so I might know what I am supposed to have said.
TIA

Last edited:
You are talking to a pushtoon who barely understands afghani pushtoo, pushtoo lanuguage have 100s of dialect some so difficult that it is heardly understandable.

This shows how naive you are.

Over 100s of year of boarder has made huge difference between afghan pushtoons and pakistani pushtoons.

Regardless a combined pushtoon(looks stuoid but lets for argument sake accept it) will be basically mean a bigger pakistan because more pushtoon live in pakistan then in afghanistan

Infact more pushtoon live in pushtoon minority provinces of sindh(karachi) balochistan and punjab then all afghanistan where tajik and uzbeks are almost half the population

Under no scenrio is pushtoon threat to pakistan.
As you can build pushtoonistan simply because after 80 years of pakistan the pushtoon population has gotten deeply inbeded within sindh and punjab

Reciporacal is possible. It is possibel then afghan boarder pushtoon belt is simply swallowed in pakistan (what amer saleh VP afghan is now claiming)

So why do pushtoon support talis then????

Its simple during 1990-1996 we had several bomb attack in peshwar and school bus hijack

1996-2002 ---nothing

2006-2021-- school attack and several bombing

So who did these bombing--liberal afghans

So you wont find a single logical ANA supporter in pakistan for same reason why you wont find a single supporter of terrorists in any other country
As you are an indian, i will give u an example
U wont find a terroist supporter or kashmiris or sikh supporter in india so why do u expect pakistanis to support people who bombed them back in the day

The behavior of the Pakistani establishment suggests a morbid fear of Pushtoon nationalism
Given the universal gun ownership among some Pushtoon tribes I would be worried too

The behavior of the Pakistani establishment suggests a morbid fear of Pushtoon nationalism
Given the universal gun ownership among some Pushtoon tribes I would be worried too
Yes, establishment fears it, but call it kabuli nationalism.

Since pakistani pushtoons are fake pushtoons per kabuli nationalism. So we need to distinguish betweem them. They call us punjabis and say out pushto is fake(its now much different and evolved)

A pakistani pushtoon will barely understand 70% of afghani pushto and zero percent of dari

Since dari is national language of kabuli nationlism and evey kabuli understand it they call us fake since we dont

Few thousand lobar afghan pakistani group also understand dari but 40 million pakistani pushtoons including me ans those on this forum dont

So yes we all fear kabuli nationalism since they "will kill us and gauge our eyes out"(R rated song aired on national TV) like they have been doing to each other.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom