What's new

'No scope to stop education for women in the name of Islam': Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina to Taliban Government of Afghanistan

It would not hurt if these sentiments and motivations are directed towards systematic exploitation of women found in brothels across Bangladesh.

If you referring to Pashtunwali code then at least apply to those Pakistani areas. you can not pick and choose.

On one side you are telling the law is good for afghan women but another side you do not follow it. Isn't unfair with them?

View attachment 913270
It is applied, they regularly hold tribal jirgas which even our army takes part in...

The videos are in the public domain.

In the earlier age of Islam, women used to participate in all religious and educational activities without any hindrance. Hazrat Ayesha was the biggest Hadith teacher and thousands of Muslim men and women learned Hadith from her. There were many women scholars in earlier period of Islamic ages. Imam Shafi'i, one of the four founders of Sunni Islam's jurisprudence, his teacher was the grand daughter of Hazrat Ali. The first University of Muslim world was founded by a woman. In Islamic Spain, all the Muslim men and women were literate which was in sharp contrast with the rest of Europe where illiteracy, superstition was rife. in fact European Universities were modelled after Islamic higher education centers in 12th and 13th century when Christian Europe underwent Renaissance.

The current Taliban bigotry has it's roots in their primitive tribal culture and their lack of holistic understanding about Islam. Taliban are more influenced by Pashtunwali (a primitive tribal cultural code based on honor and revenge) than Islam. Other Islamic fundamentalists in our time, like Iranian Mullahs, Or Muslim Brotherhood in Arabic world are not aganist Women's education or participation in public life. Even another backward tribal culture the Wahabis of Saudi Arabia were not against Women's education or outside work which can be assessed that more Saudi women study at universities than men and women there run a lot of offices and companies.

Taliban's bigotry is one of it's kind and has little support in wider Muslim world. The grand Imam of Al-Azhar, the most influential authority of Sunni Islam, declared Taliban's bigotry of banning women from education against Sharia.

Egypt’s Al-Azhar imam: Taliban’s ban on women’s university studies contradicts Sharia​

But the big question remains to be answered why the religious books should be regarded as the only source of knowledge and education by Muslims, especially when the books do not speak of improving inner human qualities?

Neither they deal with any other subjects. Memorizing and then parroting are the two objects of Islamic learning. What benefits can it bring to Muslim souls?

It would not hurt if these sentiments and motivations are directed towards systematic exploitation of women found in brothels across Bangladesh.
What brothels are you talking about here? Why do not you say also a few brothels in Lahore? talk objectively after you watch the Heera Mandi video.

Find this interesting, it seems that during colonialisation that the Muslims world got beaten into adopting the backward victorian British Rhodes out look and also limiting woman education.

(I would like to talk to about the 'beaten down ' effect as lot of generational trauma from colonialism of wolves dressed as Christians, had a lot of bearing on this. There is a lot to dicuss.) I wish to discuss this at one point .

(There is a lot of generational trauma the afgan endured - taliban , due to the cold war.)

Now the west complete robbed and piliveged us pocs, post war ww11 and capitalism it showed beneficial for them to have more work force. More tax, more productivity, under the guise of woman liberation - in return woman got xyz.

In todays world, ppl with your old mentality are seen as old disgusting muzzies in the caves, that beat woman.

Before the British and colonialism. Alot of Muslims woman were educators, some even established thier own universities.

U guess even as a young boy I did not conform to this mentality, ( as I experienced alot of deep stuff, pain, torment, been to inferno and back and I haven't even died yet. That sort of thing.)

when was afghanistan ever colonized ?

What brothels are you talking about here? Why do not you say also a few brothels in Lahore? talk objectively after you watch the Heera Mandi video.

Prostitution is illegal in Pakistan unlike Bangladesh.

Find this interesting, it seems that during colonialisation that the Muslims world got beaten into adopting the backward victorian British Rhodes out look and also limiting woman education.

(I would like to talk to about the 'beaten down ' effect as lot of generational trauma from colonialism of wolves dressed as Christians, had a lot of bearing on this. There is a lot to dicuss.) I wish to discuss this at one point .

(There is a lot of generational trauma the afgan endured - taliban , due to the cold war.)

Now the west complete robbed and piliveged us pocs, post war ww11 and capitalism it showed beneficial for them to have more work force. More tax, more productivity, under the guise of woman liberation - in return woman got xyz.

In todays world, ppl with your old mentality are seen as old disgusting muzzies in the caves, that beat woman.

Before the British and colonialism. Alot of Muslims woman were educators, some even established thier own universities.

U guess even as a young boy I did not conform to this mentality, ( as I experienced alot of deep stuff, pain, torment, been to inferno and back and I haven't even died yet. That sort of thing.)
Lol this culture existed far before the british. Western society had no impact on pashtuns

They want to make sure the woman stays dependent on the man so it guarantees a wife even if the man is a scruffy, dirty, stupid,poor and violent. She will just have to put up with it :lol: These pashtun afghans have dark triad psychology to the extreme. Literal spawns of the devil.
Women are seen as virtuous in conservative society when they are fully subservient to the man

Do not argue with meaningless differences. Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world. But, you are claiming Pakistani prostitutes all remain virgins without sleeping with men for money.

And if someone sleeps with someone, why does it make yopu jittery? Is it your problem?

Is this kind of sleeping also illegal in Puritarian Pakistan? Bloody brainless big-talking idiot!!

Last edited:
prostitution should be decriminalized everywhere in the world. This is the position endorsed by UN, Amnesty International, WHO, Lancet and numerous other institutions working on human rights and global health. Banning prostitution does not make it to disappear but make women involved in it more vulnerable. Police harassment and criminal control make sex working women to face a lot of violence and exploitation. The criminalized condition of prostitution also make fight against STDs like AIDS more problematic.

Prostitution always existed and will exist as long as institution of marriage fail to satisfy sexual needs of 100 percent men in society, which is unlikely to change anytime in the future. This is why it is called the oldest profession in the world. So, instead of fighting this futile war against prostitution on moralistic or religious grounds, it is better to decriminalize it to protect the human rights of those who are involved in it.

Last edited:
Do not argue with meaningless differences. Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world. But, you are claiming Pakistani prostitutes all remain virgins without sleeping with men for money.

And if someone sleeps with someone, what does it make it jittery? Is it your problem?

Is this kind of sleeping also illegal in Puritarian Pakistan? Bloody brainless big-talking idiot!!
Government of Pakistan just like the overwhelming majority of governments of the world do not engage in business and economics of prostitution however Bangladesh does and hence the responsibility of helping them out of the systematic exploitation.
prostitution should be decriminalized everywhere in the world. This is the position endorsed by UN, Amnesty International, WHO, Lancet and numerous other institutions working on human rights and global health. Banning prostitution does not make it to disappear but make women involved in it more vulnerable. Police harassment and criminal control make sex working women to face a lot of violence and exploitation. The criminalized condition of prostitution also make fight against STDs like AIDS more problematic.

Prostitution always existed and will exist as long as institution of marriage fail to satisfy sexual needs of 100 percent men in society, which is unlikely to alter anytime in the future. This is why it is called the oldest profession in the world. So, instead of fighting this futile war against prostitution on moralistic or religious grounds, it is better to decriminalize it to protect the human rights of those who are involved in it.

I am not debating the merit of its legalisation, i am simply asking Bangladeshi government to allow for more opportunities in a systematic way that women can look beyond the institutionalized sex industry.

Government of Pakistan just like the overwhelming majority of governments of the world do not engage in business and economics of prostitution however Bangladesh does and hence the responsibility of helping them out of the systematic exploitation.
Who in the world cares what a poor Pakistan thinks or does about prostitution? An almost defaulter Pakistan is not the standard-bearer of this world.

Moreover, why should you be watching what other people do? Is it your problem? Why should only Muslims criticize other people's way of life?

Are you blind not to understand that no other people would like to live in a Paradise filled with illiterate/ ignorant Muslims?

Last edited:
Who in the world cares what a poor Pakistan thinks or does about prostitution? An almost defaulter Pakistan is not the standard-bearer of this world.

Moreover, why should you be watching what other people do? Is it your problem? Why should only Muslims criticize other people's way of life?

Are you blind not to understand that no other people would like to live in a Paradise filled with illiterate/ ignorant Muslims?

Bangladeshi government must exercise all means to alleviate the women from exploitative prostitution rings.

Bangladeshi government must exercise all means to alleviate the women from exploitative prostitution rings.
Just do not care what the BD government does. It is not your business to poke your nose in BD affairs. Do you think a woman goes out to become a prostitute out of sexual desire?

Just do not care what the BD government does. It is not your business to poke your nose in BD affairs. Do you think a woman goes out to become a prostitute out of sexual desire?

Bangladesh government must allow for more freedom of choice to the women struggling for economic liberty.

prostitution should be decriminalized everywhere in the world.
Rather I would legalize Mutah marriage as Iran did. Quran didn't prohibit it! Later days scriptures made it Haram!

If you have mating partner without taking financial responsibility, you can have her/him from teenage.

That will make you less interested to p.o.rn! So society will be saved!

Prostitution always existed and will exist as long as institution of marriage fail to satisfy sexual needs of 100 percent men in society, which is unlikely to change anytime in the future.

Here is an interesting article on Mutah marriage!

Rather I would legalize Mutah marriage as Iran did. Quran didn't prohibit it! Later days scriptures made it Haram!

If you have mating partner without taking financial responsibility, you can have her/him from teenage.

That will make you less interested to p.o.rn! So society will be saved!

Here is an interesting article on Mutah marriage!

I know about Mutah marriage. it was Caliph Omar who banned this. As Shias don't accept any Caliph other than Hazrat Ali, so they are not bound by dictat established by Hazrat Omar.

It may be an option for pious Muslims not being able to marry. Think about all those 35 years old Muslim men or women unable to marry due to financial or other reasons!

Back
Top Bottom