What's new

No Ctg.- Kunming Connection: Burma Tells

lol thats online propaganda.... there is arms embargo on them and Russia never sold Buk or Tor to them..........

I'm not a military fan boy so I'm not going to start a large penis competition with the smallest boy in the class but the 'Grison' has already been displayed by the army. Here is what a cursory search turned up:

AD: 24 Tunguska M1 SA-19 Gun/SAMs, 24 × SA-6, 24 Pechora-2M SAMs, 48 SA-2, 2 Bloodhound Mk.II SAMs, 400 SA-18 MANPADS, 200 CPMIEC HN5,100 × Igla-1E / SA-16 MANPADS, 200 14.5mm KPV heavy machine guns in quadruple AAA mounts, 200 37mm/40mm/57mm Anti-Aircraft Guns (various models)

Myanmar | Defence Capability Directory | Asia Pacific Defence Reporter

Can you tell few of them.

Historically, we've always been wary since Chinese soldiers led by their Mongol masters conquered the first Burmese Empire in the 13th century. Then the Ching Empire tried to do the same in the 18th century but we managed to slaughter their banner armies and repulsed them, thankfully.

More recently, the opposition groups hate them as their support of the junta neutralised their efforts at sanctions. On a more practical level, Chinese businessman have, since 1988, been buying fake citizenship cards, buying out Burmese land and business owners from Mandalay (the historic capital), making a ton of profits and repatriating the profits back to the PRC. This practice of funneling Chinese capital, making a quick buck and sending it back to China is a real source of contention at the moment. It's quite a sticky situation.

Oh and during Mao Tse Tong's time, he heavily finded communist rebellions and tried to openly make Chinese-Burmese people follow his 'little red book'.

A Rohingya insurgency will be enough to kick out tutmadu from Arakan.

Yes use more of your muslim bangladeshi brethren as cannon fodder:rolleyes:. Mynanmar would be more happy to "put down" any such insurgency. Like they need more excuse to purge the Rohingyas.

Yes use more of your muslim bangladeshi brethren as cannon fodder:rolleyes:. Mynanmar would be more happy to "put down" any such insurgency. Like they need more excuse to purge the Rohingyas.

They have already kicked out 1.2 million out of 2 million. Only 800,000 is remaining. They have a policy to purge them in phases so it does not attract too much attention. If we do not do anything, all of them will be purged over time. So we should make a decision, either we take them in or we help them fight and liberate Arakan.

They have already kicked out 1.2 million out of 2 million. Only 800,000 is remaining. They have a policy to purge them in phases so it does not attract too much attention. If we do not do anything, all of them will be purged over time. So we should make a decision, either we take them in or we help them fight and liberate Arakan.

You dnt have capability to go for second option

You dnt have capability to go for second option

I think the Rohingya's have long sought our help for insurgency, and we never fully provided that support, although there may have been some halfhearted effort. With RAWamy League in power, I am sure India will order them not to get involved, as India does not want to jeopardize its sea-route to NE states via Sittwe port.

If China can support Kachin insurgency and Thai's can support Karen's, I think for Bangladesh to support a Rohingya insurgency would not be very difficult or improbable.

But the biggest obstacle of course will be our own leadership. Lack of clear thinking, general confusion and incompetence is an epidemic, in most parts of the world, and more so for Bangladesh.

I think the Rohingya's have long sought our help for insurgency, and we never fully provided that support, although there may have been some halfhearted effort. With RAWamy League in power, I am sure India will order them not to get involved, as India does not want to jeopardize its sea-route to NE states via Sittwe port.

If China can support Kachin insurgency and Thai's can support Karen's, I think for Bangladesh to support a Rohingya insurgency would not be very difficult or improbable.

But the biggest obstacle of course will be our own leadership. Lack of clear thinking, general confusion and incompetence is an epidemic, in most parts of the world, and more so for Bangladesh.

They have military rule in their country ..... just like China they can also crush any insurgency without fear of innocents life

I'm not a military fan boy so I'm not going to start a large penis competition with the smallest boy in the class but the 'Grison' has already been displayed by the army. Here is what a cursory search turned up:

AD: 24 Tunguska M1 SA-19 Gun/SAMs, 24 × SA-6, 24 Pechora-2M SAMs, 48 SA-2, 2 Bloodhound Mk.II SAMs, 400 SA-18 MANPADS, 200 CPMIEC HN5,100 × Igla-1E / SA-16 MANPADS, 200 14.5mm KPV heavy machine guns in quadruple AAA mounts, 200 37mm/40mm/57mm Anti-Aircraft Guns (various models)

Myanmar | Defence Capability Directory | Asia Pacific Defence Reporter

oh boy oh boy...seriously!!!! lets hear it. I believe it will be amusing chums.

They have military rule in their country ..... just like China they can also crush any insurgency without fear of innocents life

No. We may have a heavily military influenced rule but the steps towards democracy are genuine. We are about as military ruled than Thailand or Indonesia 25% of whose parliaments were directly nominated by the army.

You are delusional. The Chinese haven't been funding insurgencies since about the time Deng Xiao Ping came into power 30 years ago. Thailand stopped helping Karen since the 80's. They now have billions invested in Myanmar. Why on earth would they suddenly start funding insurgencies?

You are delusional. The Chinese haven't been funding insurgencies since about the time Deng Xiao Ping came into power 30 years ago. Thailand stopped helping Karen since the 80's. They now have billions invested in Myanmar. Why on earth would they suddenly start funding insurgencies?

No insurgency can survive without support from neighboring state, usually that support is covert. I do not have full information yet, but it will not be hard to find, if I do some digging.

Oh, I'll save you the bother. Their source of funding is drugs, pure and simple. Heroin for the West and methamphetamines for Thailand. Corrupt officials on both sides of the border turn a blind eye to it. It's a big headache for the Thais.

Oh, I'll save you the bother. Their source of funding is drugs, pure and simple. Heroin for the West and methamphetamines for Thailand. Corrupt officials on both sides of the border turn a blind eye to it. It's a big headache for the Thais.

You are correct about the funding, I checked these out so far:

Kachin Independence Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chin exiles raise funds for Kachin refugees | Facebook
Kachin News Group

Karen National Liberation Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.tni.org/sites/www.tni.org/files/download/Burma's Longest War.pdf

Both of the above are still going strong, but their future prospect does not look promising. I think both will keep fighting till they get a fair enough deal for their ethnic group. So insurgency for Rohingya may not be a good option. But this option should not be removed from the table. It can be used as an insurance or a last resort bargaining chip.

Why are they fighting, what do they want that this Burman/Bamar govt. is not giving them? Is it just a claim for federal state with high level of autonomy for each ethnic state?

What is Rohingya's citizenship status now, how can they stay if they have no citizenship? Do they have some kind residence permit, like Green card which allows them to stay?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom