What's new

No comparisons with India, says Musharraf

Nasir

Reaction score
No comparisons with India, says Musharraf

Daily Times Monitor

LAHORE: Pakistan should not compare itself to India because both countries have peculiar characteristics and each has its own strengths and weaknesses, said President Pervez Musharraf. In an interview with TVONE, which aired on Saturday, the president said that Pakistan had gained in stature in terms of its image in the comity of nations and its role in international politics cannot be ignored.

He said that the government and the people of Pakistan believed in an independent Palestinian state and that Pakistan would review its policy towards Israel if the Middle East peace process moved in a positive direction. He said that the world had realised that addressing the resentment, which was the root cause of terrorism, was the best way to fight terror on a global scale, adding that the Palestinian issue was the primary cause of terrorism in the Middle East.

The president said that some elements in Afghanistan were deliberately ignoring the facts to save themselves. He advised the Afghan government to follow the precedent which Pakistan had set in its policy on North Waziristan.
Courtesy DailyTimes.com.pk

http://www.pakistanlink.com/Headlines/Oct06/29/05.htm

Isnt their anything to be done inside pakistan, that your president has so much time for interviews and TV shows.

Yet another flip flop from wily ol' Mushie.

You know Asim, you can say no when offered an interview by a T.V. channel .. ;)

Yet another flip flop from wily ol' Mushie.

You know Asim, you can say no when offered an interview by a T.V. channel .. ;)

Yar ab tumharae president se koi interview nahi leta tau iss mian hamara kia Kasoor ha :D

Yeah, whining in Havana, Washington, Helsinki...quite a busy job the poor chap has. :P

havanna was for the NAM summit,NY was for UN summit and helsinki was for the Eu summit.

We are speaking abt Mushraff and his obsesisty with publicity.

The comedy talk show for eg and that too on a state visit.

Time hona chahiya,they all are busy.

yes quite right sardarji not only has to run the whole india single handidly but the few spare moments he has.....he dashes to the fields to sow and cut the crops himself to feed whole of india....personally by hand. Hence the paucity of time is entirely understandable.:coffee:

Yar ab tumharae president se koi interview nahi leta tau iss mian hamara kia Kasoor ha :D

Sweetheart since when did you become so immature. I always saw you as the wise one. You know I won't be dragged into kiddish flames ;) I sometimes wear a thick skin.. :tup:

All Govt leaders are glorified civil servants .. they better do their job and not waste their time too much with the media.. :coffee:

Only pussies do that.

We take the bull by the horns!
I'ld rather want my leader to be sincere with his/her job rather than concentrate to come off with pouring machismo in front of the media. Media is worthless, it is just a mirror of the times. Performance matters.

I'ld rather want my leader to be sincere with his/her job rather than concentrate to come off with pouring machismo in front of the media. Media is worthless, it is just a mirror of the times. Performance matters.
You mean like not taking responsibility and answering tough questions and rather just blame everything on the ISI?

No. I mean taking responsibility for spending 1 million $ of Pakistani tax payers money for a personal foreign visit to promote a book.

Asim, you are a moderator here. Your attempts to flame bait are pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom