What's new

Next India-Pak conflict could be in Afghanistan: Blackwill

US exit: India steps up Afghan army training - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: India is stepping up training of Afghan National Army (ANA) in a major way, even as it also considers supply of military equipment to the fledgling force, in the backdrop of the US-led coalition preparing to withdraw from Afghanistan by 2014.

Defence ministry sources say "a major Indian effort has been launched for capability enhancement of the ANA" to ensure it can handle the internal security of Afghanistan after the progressive exit of the 100,000 foreign soldiers from there by end-2014.

India is worried about the stability of the strategically-located Afghanistan after the withdrawal because it is likely to witness a concomitant surge in the activity of the Taliban and its deadly arms like the Haqqani network, which have long worked in league with the Pakistani Army against Indian interests.

Defence minister A K Antony, in fact, recently warned the Indian military brass to be on guard to tackle "any spillover effect" in Jammu & Kashmir and elsewhere due to Pakistan's continuing support to the Taliban and its inroads into Afghanistan.

Though India has worked largely on re-construction and developmental projects in the war-ravaged country over the last decade, it is now also boosting the "capacity-building" of ANA. If 574 ANA personnel were trained in different Indian Army establishments in 2012-13, for instance, the number will be "well over 1,000" in 2013-14.

The training includes counter-terrorism operations, military field-craft, signals, intelligence, counter-IED, information technology, battle-field nursing assistance and, of course, the English language. Afghan personnel are also being "attached" to the Infantry School at Mhow, Artillery School at Devlali and Mechanised Infantry Regimental Centre at Ahmednagar for specialized courses.

India has also posted some Army officers in the central Asian nation teach basic military and English skills as well as military doctors to help at hospitals in Kandahar and elsewhere. The training of Afghan pilots and technicians in operating Russian-origin Mi-35 helicopter gunships is also on the anvil.

A joint Indian military-civilian team had also gone to Kabul earlier this month after Afghan President Hamid Karzai submitted "a wish list" of military equipment to India during a visit here in May. The 17-page list includes armoured vehicles, 105mm artillery guns, utility helicopters, trucks, communication equipment and the like.

Sources said the visit of an ANA "Strategic Group", with 10 high-ranking officers, was also planned to India from September 1 to 13. The delegation will hold talks with the top military brass here, part from visiting military establishments in Pune, Mumbai and Bangalore.

I feel bad & sad for the people of Afghanistan, who have been suffering for so long:cry:, i pray that nothing of this sort happens... We have had enuff of this BS proxy wars. give peace a chance:smitten:, if not than BRING IT ON BABE :sniper::ashamed:

Yes they deserve peace after those long years of violence.

Just like what Pakistani are paying right now?

Or what Indians have paid at different points of time. It is all the same.

Your fetish of terrorism is your own, we are not to blame for your infatuation with terrorism.

But your love to export terror into your neighbors is your fetish. After r@pe this is something to which Indians are most committed to.

When was this last time? We do not support terror in Pakistan nor do we plan to future, the mess you have created in your country is your own Karma.

Huh. Same old BS. Then all the Indians who died in different terrorist attacks died because of the same Karma. Those 160 guys killed on 26/11 died because their country was involved in something bad in the past. Karma kid. isn't it? Or it doesn't apply to you guys. :lol:

However neither do we feel sorry for your plight, as you brought this upon yourselves by sleeping in the same bed as terrorist and have a strong feeling, are planning to do the same as soon as daddy leaves the house in 2014.

Fair enough. We also don't care about you guys. Whether you die because of a bomb blast or floods. It is mutual then.

:lol: you have no idea.. Do remember, if killing civilians is the game Pakistan wants to play, we have a billion more than you..

That's the best part. you have too many to lose. ;)

And the whole world (figure of speech ) where is the hot bed of terrorism

Doesn't matter. Nothing happened practically. Just a cliche to make you kids happy. :)

Pakistan-Double-Cross.jpg

images

images

Or what Indians have paid at different points of time. It is all the same.

Well, it is the price India has had to pay because it's neighbor is the epicenter of international terrorism.
But your love to export terror into your neighbors is your fetish. After r@pe this is something to which Indians are most committed to.

Hardly, we neither export terror, and are neither accused of it by the world community.

Unlike you

Prime Minister Cameron accuses Pakistan of double dealing on terrorism | The Sun |News
Huh. Same old BS. Then all the Indians who died in different terrorist attacks died because of the same Karma. Those 160 guys killed on 26/11 died because their country was involved in something bad in the past. Karma kid. isn't it? Or it doesn't apply to you guys. :lol:

No, Indians die terror attack, because unfortunately her neighbor, Pakistan is the terror central of the world.

Terrorist attack in India are planned and executed from Pakistan.

It is Pakistani nationals who are involved in these terrorist attacks.

Its Pakistan where, worlds most wanted terrorists, live comfortably for decades.

It is Pakistani nation which can not even attempt to defend her sovereignty from daily aerial bombings, because it know it is helpless against terrorist which reside in her borders.

These are proven facts, which even Pakistan govt accepts at the highest level
Fair enough. We also don't care about you guys. Whether you die because of a bomb blast or floods. It is mutual then.

We are not as heartless, off course we will sympathize and assist you in case of natural disasters, but not the ones of your own making, especially the fires you lit to burn your neighbors house and instead manged to burn down your own house.

Blackwill was the US Ambassador to India - he is considered one of the most influential minds in the US in the Foreign Policy Arena.

The original article is here.

WASHINGTON: Asserting that there has been no change in the attitude and policy of Pakistani military towards India, a former American diplomat has said the next frontier of conflict between the two nations could be Afghanistan.

"Afghanistan is going to be in mess after we leave. India's equity are now deeply engaged in Afghanistan and danger is that the next frontier of India-Pak conflict is going to be in Afghanistan," said Robert Blackwill, the former US Ambassador to India said.

Speaking at the "Ambassadors Roundtable" involving five American envoys to India in the last two decades, Blackwill said "there is no evidence that Pakistan military has changed its view" that its primary role is to prevent the rise of India nation.

There is also no evidence of change in the Pakistani military policy of use of terrorist outfits against India, he added.

The situation is not going to change until the Pakistani military changed the view that they have to be the prominent power in Afghanistan and India is the enemy in this war torn country, Blackwill said.

Blackwill and four other former US Ambassadors to India - Thomas Pickering (1992-93), Frank Wisner (1994-1997), Richard Celeste (1997-2001) and Timothy Roemer (2009-2011) - were speaking at a round table at the 38th Annual Leadership Summit of the US India Business Council.

All the ambassadors observed that in the coming years Afghanistan and Pakistan would play a key role in Indo-US relationship.

Wisner said that the formation of the Nawaz Sharif Government in Pakistan provides an opportunity for India to improve its ties with Islamabad.

"This is an opportunity for India to start a dialogue with Nawaz Sharif. It is very important that the US encourages this (dialogue). I know it is not going to work easily at all," he said.

Noting that Pakistan and India have come to an agreement on a number of issues, Roemer said this is a big development. He hoped that this would lead to resolving issues like Sir Creek or Siachen.

It will be very difficult time for India b/c leave them in Afghanistan and now they are on their own. I am telling you they have to leave the country in 3 to 4 years or Afghan Taliban will strict them out. US play its game and now India have to suffer.

That's the best part. you have too many to lose. ;)
You will run out of yours much before we even notice that the population is reducing ;)

Doesn't matter. Nothing happened practically. Just a cliche to make you kids happy. :)

Tell that to the innocent Pakistani who decided to take a flight to the western hemisphere :)

I don't think so ...

Afghanistan will have close relations with both Iran and Russia, both of whom do not want to see fanaticism succeed in the neighbourhood.

India will step up various kinds of non-lethal assistance and training.

If Paks try to play the Taliban game again, there will be a backlash. We are not in the 1990's any more - Afghans are not going to accept Taliban and their foreign masters.

Well, it is the price India has had to pay because it's neighbor is the epicenter of international terrorism.

Hardly, we neither export terror, and are neither accused of it by the world community.

Unlike you

Prime Minister Cameron accuses Pakistan of double dealing on terrorism | The Sun |News

No, Indians die terror attack, because unfortunately her neighbor, Pakistan is the terror central of the world.

Terrorist attack in India are planned and executed from Pakistan.

It is Pakistani nationals who are involved in these terrorist attacks.

Its Pakistan where, worlds most wanted terrorists, live comfortably for decades.

It is Pakistani nation which can not even attempt to defend her sovereignty from daily aerial bombings, because it know it is helpless against terrorist which reside in her borders.

These are proven facts, which even Pakistan govt accepts at the highest level

Oh I know your type of Indians. Terrorism in other countries. It is the karma.

Terrorism in Bharat mata. It is the evil neighbors.

Move on kid. Don't have enough time to waste on your kind. It is not worth it.

We are not as heartless, off course we will sympathize and assist you in case of natural disasters, but not the ones of your own making, especially the fires you lit to burn your neighbors house and instead manged to burn down your own house.

But we don't want your assistance and don't want to help you in any way in even the worst calamities. So keep your assistance to yourself. As I said. Our indifference towards you is mutual as you accepted yourself.

You will run out of yours much before we even notice that the population is reducing ;)

That's why. you are a burden on this planet. We would just provide a service to our mother earth. :)

Tell that to the innocent Pakistani who decided to take a flight to the western hemisphere

They are living there despite all problems. Much better than you are in India.

That's why. you are a burden on this planet. We would just provide a service to our mother earth. :)

Dil ke behlane ko Ghalib, yeh khayal acchha hai.. ;)

They are living there despite all problems. Much better than you are in India.

Dont think so.. I have read Pakistanis are one of the most impoverished immigrant community in some western nations like Canada

but anyway, what I was referring to was the extra love Pakistanis get showered with on western airports :)

Dil ke behlane ko Ghalib, yeh khayal acchha hai.. ;)

Aur zamee ko saaf rakhnai kai liye mera khayal acha hai. ;)

Dont think so.. I have read Pakistanis are one of the most impoverished immigrant community in some western nations like Canada

They are also mayors, ministers in different western nations. You just read what soothes you. :)

Oh I know your type of Indians. Terrorism in other countries. It is the karma.

Terrorism in Bharat mata. It is the evil neighbors.

Move on kid. Don't have enough time to waste on your kind. It is not worth it.

But we don't want your assistance and don't want to help you in any way in even the worst calamities. So keep your assistance to yourself. As I said. Our indifference towards you is mutual as you accepted yourself.

1) I am not your kid, judging by your post you are some post pubescent teen, who is probably still a virgin. So don't make mistake calling me a kid again, when you yourself are one!!

2) You don't have time to waste on my kind, yet your find time to quote my post in two section and answer each separately, ya right!!

3) Haters gone hate, but the fact of matter is Pakistanis govt does accept our assistance, when it is offered. So time to get of your high horse

1) I am not your kid, judging by your post you are some post pubescent teen, who is probably still a virgin. So don't make mistake calling me a kid again, when you yourself are one!!

2) You don't have time to waste on my kind, yet your find time to quote my post in two section and answer each separately, ya right!!

3) Haters gone hate, but the fact of matter is Pakistanis govt does accept our assistance, when it is offered. So time to get of your high horse

Yeah yeah. Get lost munnai. Whine somewhere else about Pakistani sponsored terrorism. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom