What's new

New Zealand vs England - Cricket World Cup 2019 Final

Feel sorry for NZ because players of NZ team are actually most decent , fair and modest guys out there. If there was any fair play trophy then NZ team would have won it again and again

You saw Nasser Hussain asking about the 4 runs deflected off the bat to Kane, several commentators talked about it too, and going forward you will see many post-match shows talk about it. Everyone accepts it is within laws of game and England is winner but that was nothing but pure luck without those 4 runs England would never win hence not deserving. I will retract my statement that it's not well fought though.

Also the number of boundaries determining winner is stupid runs are runs no matter how you get them. These rules will be brought up in the future you will see.
I get your point but surely at some point you need a way to separate the two teams?

In football, if teams are level on points then they are separated by goal difference. A win is a win whether you you won 1-0 or 5-0. It's harsh on New Zealand and they would have been worthy winners, but how else would you divide them?

we also beat NZ! but to be honest our team is shit!

The quality of bowling and fielding today was on a different level

Even when it is 100% clear they lost because of that 6 given on deflection from batsmen yet they were no complaining and that sums up their playing spirit

100% deserved champion never causing controversy , setting example for fielding and team work ......always giving it 100%

Right and it's the opinion of everyone on TV whose discussing it too. I'm ok with that. Enjoy your victory.

Lol everyone just no. But hey your opinion.
Yes it’s great winning.

Indians unable to produce a bowler who can bowl 150kph regularly want to talk about cricket. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A nation with 1 billion people over 50 years can't produce one player with that ability. Quite sad. That lack of meat is hurting their chances.
sad part is the so called best batting line up in the world cant play swing!

The quality of bowling and fielding today was on a different level
ohh yes both teams played top quality cricket! and both deserved to win today.

I watched Pakistani TV the guy was complaining this kind of pitch is not good should have pitch to allow 350 runs I was like what a joke , is this TV guy (alleged ex player) insane?

I don't want to watch a dead pitch where 370 runs are scored by 1 team

Today's pitch is perfect
This is exactly type of wickets which make the sport fun to watch .... 50-50% chance to both baller and batsmen

I get your point but surely at some point you need a way to separate the two teams?

In football, if teams are level on points then they are separated by goal difference. A win is a win whether you you won 1-0 or 5-0. It's harsh on New Zealand and they would have been worthy winners, but how else would you divide them?

It comes to the point where dividing becomes arbitrary. Why can't it be the team who bowls most number of dot balls? Is bowling not part of the game? The team where the bowlers get more outs by bowled > lbw > catch > run out? If anything it would be better to go by the performance of the team throughout the WC instead it is WORLD cup after all. But it is job of ICC to try to come up with a better solution than "number of boundaries".

This win will inspire new generation of cricketers in England moving forward. Exciting times for England cricket ahead. Well NZ, they tried their best but at the end they will remain as losers second consecutive times. In few days time, no one will remember how close NZ came to won the cup as it will be just England.

I was cheering for kiwis.i don't know.no solid reason.i was confused.but hey man.cricket won.dats for sure.still having a thought that kiwis were on many occasions not against englishmen but against bad luck.

Lol everyone just no. But hey your opinion.
Yes it’s great winning.

Be on the lookout for these things all 3 commentators talked about it and if you watch any shows let me know if there is one they don't bring it up. :enjoy:

The boundary line 6 should not have counted ...

He had caught the ball and play was dead ....

Only after a brief second he stepped back and made contact with boundary
Nope. It was not under control after being caught. The ball must be under control to count as a catch.

Back
Top Bottom