What's new

New Zealand vs England - Cricket World Cup 2019 Final

Congratulations England....after long time...27 years...with some help from Umpire Erasmus...Won the Worldcup.

Be on the lookout for these things all 3 commentators talked about it and if you watch any shows let me know if there is one they don't bring it up. :enjoy:

Let’s see in the coming days.. Few will go on about it.
In the meantime please write to the ICC :blah:

Let’s see in the coming days.. Few will go on about it.
In the meantime please write to the ICC :blah:

Here's the batsman himself:
Ben Stokes: Yeah. Don't know, I'm pretty lost for words. All the hard work over the four years, to be champions is an amazing feeling. This is what we aspire to be. To do it in such a good game, don't think there'll be a better game in history than this. Pretty done to be honest, Playing against New Zealand is a great event to be part of. They're great lads. I think I'll be apologising to them for the rest of my life [for that overthrow for four off his bat in the last over]. There's no chance I wasn't going to be there till the end. You live for these moments. That kid Jofra [Archer, who bowled the Super Over] was unbelievable, I backed him. It's absolutely fantastic, without the lads in both the one-day and Test team, and my family - the support has been incredible.

NZ just scored 62 runs in last 10 with 6 wickets in the bucket. This is where NZ lost the match. Could had easily scored 20 more runs.

Come on brother, really?
It was as if heaven gifted them WC. It doesn't get better than that. Eng got it on something so so arbitrary. I
England won and thats about all that can be said of Eng.
When they are changed let us know. There was no luck, that’s your opinion.

Thinking perhaps the Trophy should have been shared ......

• Tied in Regular Time 241 each
  • Tied in Power Over 15 run each

• Should have scored 249 runs like Pakistan but they were short 8 runs and they would have been champions

Here's the batsman himself:
Ben Stokes: Yeah. Don't know, I'm pretty lost for words. All the hard work over the four years, to be champions is an amazing feeling. This is what we aspire to be. To do it in such a good game, don't think there'll be a better game in history than this. Pretty done to be honest, Playing against New Zealand is a great event to be part of. They're great lads. I think I'll be apologising to them for the rest of my life [for that overthrow for four off his bat in the last over]. There's no chance I wasn't going to be there till the end. You live for these moments. That kid Jofra [Archer, who bowled the Super Over] was unbelievable, I backed him. It's absolutely fantastic, without the lads in both the one-day and Test team, and my family - the support has been incredible.

He’s a gent and he said sorry and? Dude write to the ICC. :cheers:

Come on brother, really?
It was as if heaven gifted them WC. It doesn't get better than that. Eng got it on something so so arbitrary. I
England won and thats about all that can be said of Eng.

Bro if this was Pakistan instead of England you wouldn’t have said a word. In actual fact you would be defending it.
As for ‘arbitrary’ the global tv audience saw two teams playing their hearts out. Bringing up the rules is poor form.

Such close defeats where scored got tied boht in 50 overs and super overs are not easy to digest. Yes England got the cup but for me boht are winners

Imagine if Pakistan and India would be in such scenario in final of world Cup. i am sure many fans would have got heart attack lol

Such close defeats where scored got tied boht in 50 overs and super overs are not easy to digest. Yes England got the cup but for me boht are winners

Imagine if Pakistan and India would be in such scenario in final of world Cup. i am sure many fans would have got heart attack lol

No doubt about it, people would have died.

Technically NZ vs Eng is Tie match in the end. only Worldcup goes to England.
History won't remember whether it was tie, who won hearts, ridiculous rules etc etc etc.
It would only remember whom won the World Cup in 2019 and that's England, nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom