What's new

New Zealand for deeper defence ties with India

Lostsoldier

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: New Zealand today said it faces "maritime insecurity" and terror threat like India does and is keen to enhance cooperation in the areas of defence and security with this country.

A top military official of New Zealand said there are "new imperatives" for both the countries to deepen the security ties.

"Whether we like it or not, India and New Zealand are being exposed to maritime insecurity which are identical and counter terrorism threats which are similar. Of co ..

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/45035448.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst316d4e0cd1cb4a150a5324e4b1e2cd43.jpg

Whos gonna attack NZ?

Nobody in particular. Just that Kiwis are wary of some "expansionists" moving into their area. Just because New Zealanders are low-profile does not mean that they are willing to be push-overs.

Yes, that is the exact question I had. Australia? I doubt.

I have talked to a few Kiwis. They think a bit different from their fellow Westerners (NZ is a western country because of its demography and culture). The main reason behind NZ's insecurity is the growing might of Islamic radicals in Indonesia and Malaysia.

Hint: They didn't think much of any such threats till 6 months back.

Nobody in particular. Just that Kiwis are wary of some "expansionists" moving into their area. Just because New Zealanders are low-profile does not mean that they are willing to be push-overs.

Who gonna push them? the ocean?

May be they are talking about in the current context, (IS, piracy etc.)

Back
Top Bottom