What's new

New Unclassified Turkish Projects

Things like this are oldschoo. Even USA doesnt use their AC-130 anymore.

Besides from Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty, the only experience i have about AC-130s are the videos on the internet. :)

Nevertheless, it won't be wrong to assume that they would've been the nightmare of PKK if Turkey ever had them. Its psychological effect alone, would be more destructive than most of the toys we've been used against them.

But the questions are, how hard could it be to turn a cargo plane into a gunship? Considering the terrain and the tough climate of Southeastern Turkey, is it worth it?

It's a random imaginary drawing for god's sake, don't jump into conclusions. At the moment there's no official imaging because there's no design yet :hitwall:

PDF is so immature..

Agreed, dont jump to conlusion. I specificly stated 'From what i had heard..' for this reason, got this from another forum...

It's a project and going on and the first picture didn't come from space its real.

But may i ask wtf is this?
jhEUo.jpg

What can i say? Brainless Turkish media brought up jupiter missiles after 50 phucking years and clueless people believed it. It's not the same case, there's a project going on but it will probably finish after A400Ms are delivered. We still need CN235s for their original purpose.

I think the "Goren 1" is nothing more then a technogical demonstrator, I mean whats the point of upgrading old planes which basicly pasted there life expectence. And i dont see any use for such platform in the first place...

And second i am not much opptemistic about "Goren 2" either, I mean yes its possible and would be a great boost for the army but i just dont see the us building and using such platform, But really hope i am wrong...

But the questions are, how hard could it be to turn a cargo plane into a gunship? Considering the terrain and the tough climate of Southeastern Turkey, is it worth it?

Well, 105mm on AC130 may not work on CN235 as well. Because body is smaller and recoil can risk the plane. Also smaller interior means same amount of electronics and communications equipment may not fit in. That we'll wait and see.

We can coordinate our gunships with UAVs to have a larger view of the battlefield and provide CAS to our troops. This can also relieve our attack helicopter fleet, they can return to base to resupply/refuel while gunships can stay longer and cover for them.
I think the "Goren 1" is nothing more then a technogical demonstrator, I mean whats the point of upgrading old planes which basicly pasted there life expectence. And i dont see any use for such platform in the first place...
Agreed, C160s will retire from cargo duty soon but there's no telling what the Airforce will do with them. They can be modernised and turned into gunships(they are much bigger btw), they can be donated to a friendly country like Azerbaijan or Pakistan whoever got use for them. Or they can be sent to museum.

These gunships will add strength to our strength! Gucumuze guc katar

AC-235 "Goren 2" Gunship, From what i heard atleast...

AIR_CN-235_Gunship_Conversion_Concept_lg.jpg

Really we should also look towards this we have about 4 of these in Transport role and getting some new ones like CN-295 would be great as Gunship. But I don't think so it will going to happen as we don't really need that nor we have money. Just Army is looking into 30 Z-10P or ATAK my suggestion is Z-10P due to low cost and support.

Things like this are oldschoo. Even USA doesnt use their AC-130 anymore.

AFSOC AC-130U Spooky Gunship Rearmed With 30 mm Bushmaster Guns

Refrain from posting if you have no knowledge what you are talking about

Too early to be happy it can be fake news come out of a military fanboys' *** , remember Turkish nuclear bomb crap ?

No, its real news..According to Savunma ve Havacilik Magazine, Defence Industry Executive Committee took decision about turning these birds in to Gunships

Still, none operational...

I believe we should work on C160s instead of CN-235s they have bigger bodies and all they need is engine and avionics modenisation.

I think CN-235-100M is better choice than C160..Remember, these gunships will be configured to circle the target instead of performing strafing runs. C160 is bigger and heavier than CN-235 which means less maneuverability..As a result, it will alter the main mission definition of the gunship, circling the target

I think CN-235-100M is better choice than C160..Remember, these gunships will be configured to circle the target instead of performing strafing runs. C160 is bigger and heavier than CN-235 which means less maneuverability..As a result, it will alter the main mission definition of the gunship, circling the target

CN-235s are damn problematic machines. I bet their capacity is not enough for required payloads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom