What's new

New Type 57 Frigate in the works

Type 57 and type 55 pretty much means we have reached the highest level of warship building and design. The West doesn't have a ship more advanced than these. The time for catch up is over. We are now going head to head with the west on the next generation of ships.

Not necessarily. Maybe in surface warship construction, but you forget that in terms of strategic bombers and submarines, China lags behind. Especially in subs. Nuclear attack subs and Ballistic missile subs are said to be very weak.

Not necessarily. Maybe in surface warship construction, but you forget that in terms of strategic bombers and submarines, China lags behind. Especially in subs. Nuclear attack subs and Ballistic missile subs are said to be very weak.

Very true. China is still many years behind the US and Russia when it comes to nuclear subs.

130047iy16xj5kcm4s1hcy.jpg

After F-22Ps PN should look into this good looking ship to add firepower to its arsenal.

Very true. China is still many years behind the US and Russia when it comes to nuclear subs.

I'm not sure why this is. Do they not consider submarines, for one reason or another, a strategic priority? Submarines have always been their weakness. They've made huge progress on every platform and in every branch, with the exception of submarines. Their progress there has been much slower.

Even their strategic bomber may be put into production before a truly modern nuclear attack sub. Strange.

I'm not sure why this is. Do they not consider submarines, for one reason or another, a strategic priority? Submarines have always been their weakness. They've made huge progress on every platform and in every branch, with the exception of submarines. Their progress there has been much slower.

Even their strategic bomber may be put into production before a truly modern nuclear attack sub. Strange.

I think subs are definitely a priority for China but, IMO, they have trouble with making an acceptably quiet miniaturized reactor? I mean, China's conventional subs are pretty good with the Yuan class, etc.

I don't think the PLAN is totally satisfied with the 093s and 094s and despite their being a 093B and what not, the PLAN is already looking forward to the 095s and 096s. My personal hunch is that the next class will come out more quickly than the time interim between the old han/xias and the 093s/094s.

I don't think the PLAN is totally satisfied with the 093s and 094s and despite their being a 093B and what not, the PLAN is already looking forward to the 095s and 096s. My personal hunch is that the next class will come out more quickly than the time interim between the old han/xias and the 093s/094s.

PLAN has already constructed 5 type 094 SSBN. Given the high number of it build suggest they are satisfy with its design. While Type093 continue evolved with B variant. And unknown number.

I'm not sure why this is. Do they not consider submarines, for one reason or another, a strategic priority? Submarines have always been their weakness.

SSN/SSBN har been a weakness - not SSK subs. Remember, Chin has about 38 modern SSK subs. That has been focus for PLAN for the past 15 years. Of course, that foces i shifting more forward to SSN/SSBN subs as well.

You cannot go from coastal low-tech type 035 Ming-class SSK to a high-tech Yasen/Virginia-class in a few years, but China is catching up.
The point is PLAN needed to build a good, modern SSK force that can fight more regionally, and 38 modern SSKs (Improved Kilos, Songs, Yuans) are very good.

The U.S. has the largest SSN submarine force in the world, while China has the largest SSK submarine force in the world. So it's not like China is "without subs".

The U.S. doesn't have any SSKs, and those few Russia has are barely working, as they are older models, so Russia has just recently started to build Improved Kilos again - for their Black Sea Fleet.

Chinese surface fleet is superior&considerably stronger to that of Russia for example, or France or the UK, to mention a few countries. China doesn't have its forces spread thin either, like Russia and France - Russian fleet divided at four fleets whereas two of them are in the seas that can be blocked by NATO (Black Sea and Baltic Sea). Then you have Northern Fleet that is thousands and thousands of kilometers/miles from the Pacific Fleet.

Regarding bombers, it's on its way, and a stealth bomber will be introduced in a few years from now. Now the concentration is on J-20, J-31 and engines, regarding air power.

Also, interesting estimate by UK Ministry of Defence - China will spend as much as the U.S. on weapons (PPP) by 2045. I think it will be even earlier, as IISS projected. (Sometimes during 2030s).

Russia on the other hand, as you can see will experience a sharp, downwards trend, while India will take a clear, third place, but still waaaaay behind U.S. & China in spending.

List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know i was only talking about military ships,the list is about overall shipbuilding.
Well i hope none of those countries fires a shot,we dont need another war.
Don't worry.In a word,excess capacity.

Back
Top Bottom