What's new

New Type 57 Frigate in the works

You know i was only talking about military ships,the list is about overall shipbuilding.
Well i hope none of those countries fires a shot,we dont need another war.

A corner of Chinese shipbuilding,both military and civilian::coffee:

10_20023_4e3e5855240b334.jpg

10_20023_981857a06d45e36.jpg

10_20023_f198049018ac262.jpg

10_20023_b15e2fc3ed4f2d4.jpg

10_20023_ab8502ae5fddc03.jpg

You know i was only talking about military ships,the list is about overall shipbuilding.
Well i hope none of those countries fires a shot,we dont need another war.

Frankly speaking, the production capability of our DDG and nuclear sub is approaching to that of USA, while the only remaining big gap is the aircraft carrier.

But who knows? Since China will soon have two shipyards building the supercarriers after 2016.

Frankly speaking, the production capability of our DDG and nuclear sub is approaching to that of USA, while the only remaining big gap is the aircraft carrier.

But who knows? Since China will soon have two shipyards building the supercarriers after 2016.

Type 57 and type 55 pretty much means we have reached the highest level of warship building and design. The West doesn't have a ship more advanced than these. The time for catch up is over. We are now going head to head with the west on the next generation of ships.

If type057 will out to replace old 053 frigate ... we ever talked about future 054B frigate, is it real?

If type057 will out to replace old 053 frigate ... we ever talked about future 054B frigate, is it real?

Type 54B is type 57, except, decided to call it type 57. I think it make sense, it will be too much difference, it's not just an upgrade over a few weapons and radar, this is a major overhaul including propulsion system, and shape of the ship to massively improve stealth as well as many other features not seen in a Chinese and even any other ship before.

It is a pity that a more revolutionary design for Type 057(aka Type 054B) failed to win the requisite approval。

The guys at GAD are a conservative bunch.:(

Type 54B is type 57, except, decided to call it type 57. I think it make sense, it will be too much difference, it's not just an upgrade over a few weapons and radar, this is a major overhaul including propulsion system, and shape of the ship to massively improve stealth as well as many other features not seen in a Chinese and even any other ship before.

Right。

For example,HQ-16G,with a range of 70km,will replace the 40km HQ-16 on Type 054A。

It is a pity that a more revolutionary design for Type 057(aka Type 054B) failed to win the requisite approval。

The guys at GAD are a conservative bunch.:(

I'm in the information systems field and I can tell you, it's not impossible and not always a bad idea to go revolutionary, but it's going to be a failure if you don't got the staff to back it up.

Did you know over 70% of project fail. They do too much to fast. Indians are not stupid, many are my teachers and co-workers and boss. They are a smart people. Yet India fails or delays on so many projects, because they go too much too quickly with out the support staff and money to back up these projects. All projects face problems, that's just a fact, and if you don't have the expertise and experience you WILL FAIL.

If we went too revolutionary, it will be ridiculously delayed, look at our engine program. Engines is the ultimate manufacture good, but at a relatively lower end manufacturing base and inexperienced staff, we are having tons of trouble and delays.

The current configuration is good enough to achieve our mission objective. Why do something uncertain and risk our main mission which is be the undisputed leader in Asia and start going further out at sea.

I'm in the information systems field and I can tell you, it's not impossible and not always a bad idea to go revolutionary, but it's going to be a failure if you don't got the staff to back it up.

Did you know over 70% of project fail. They do too much to fast. Indians are not stupid, many are my teachers and co-workers and boss. They are a smart people. Yet India fails or delays on so many projects, because they go too much too quickly with out the support staff and money to back up these projects. All projects face problems, that's just a fact, and if you don't have the expertise and experience you WILL FAIL.

If we went too revolutionary, it will be ridiculously delayed, look at our engine program. Engines is the ultimate manufacture good, but at a relatively lower end manufacturing base and inexperienced staff, we are having tons of trouble and delays.

The current configuration is good enough to achieve our mission objective. Why do something uncertain and risk our main mission which is be the undisputed leader in Asia and start going further out at sea.
That's not my real world experience with indians. What you're listing is just the small %. What is important is the average IQ of your citizen as a whole.
That's what counts. anyways, back to the topic

Will the new Type-057 Have CODAG style engine? And will it be an native Chinese turbine engine (not needing excessive/complex engineering for that compared to turbo-jet engines) or an Ukrainian one or an combination of both China and former USSR (like QC-280 gas turbines) .

Will the new Type-057 Have CODAG style engine? And will it be an native Chinese turbine engine (not needing excessive/complex engineering for that compared to turbo-jet engines) or an Ukrainian one or an combination of both China and former USSR (like QC-280 gas turbines) .

Integrated electric propulsion (IEP), same as DDG-1000, Type 45, and a few others. The gas turbine should be an improved QC-280 and the Diesel engine should also be licensed built or something like the QC-280 deal improved, but more or less based on it. Even the Americans for DDG-1000 uses Rolls Royce, if it works the same, why reinvent the wheel, we need money everywhere, if you can save you save,

I think Type 057 beam 18 to 19 meters, up from 16 meters of Type 054A, displacement 6,000 to 7,000 tons, two helicopters.

Back
Top Bottom