What's new

New Thunder with 9 Hardpoints

Hi if you look around Indian total strength will never will be able to attack first the largest of fleet i.e SU is having availability rates close to 50% . The other platforms are smaller in numbers e.g Mirage @ 70% available but 30-35 jets rest i will not consider them as an option . The narrative here is that thunder is on normal mission in normal daily life , for instance in case of war it will be must ,the point here refers to the daily routine after all the war battles will last not more than few weeks if not days . In normal missions it will have standard load but in times of war the load will be added
But I support full load regarding A2A battle in normal life too...See we should be prepared for anything all the time..India will not ask permission to launch attack first.

Now, regarding numbers...according to indians they have improved availability rates of SU to 65%.... and but even if we have conventional 50% figure...indians will reach soon to 300 mark with SU30...so that gives them roughly 150 aircrafts...they have about 70 migs..I havent't heard bad reviews about this aircraft..so be on safe side they can field 40 out of these. Then comes new rafael...they have 36 now and their are news about reaching that number to close to 70 atleast..and mind u rafael has very good availability so..even if they keep some of these for chinese threat..they will be able to put 36 for Pak...Along with these planes they will have mirage2000 ,bisons and migs and all these can roughly add 100 even if we consider worst availability rate drom these planes So

SU 10 150
Mig 29 40
Rafael 36
others 100
a total of 326

So my assumption of 300 aircrafts is very realists..Along with these migs from aircraft carrier are additional.

what Pak needs is urgently add atleast 2 squardons for navy so that they can look after carrier based indian planes.
For Paf we definitely need jf17 in huge numbers...i have seen many articles here regarding paf procurement plan..but i think paf is really confused and it will not go for another 4.5 gen plane but directly move to 5th gen.
So paf needs to add more and more thunders..even if we need to go to blk 4 and 5(redesigning the plane to medium weight category)..bcoz even we are willing to go to 5th gen..but we can't have more than 4-5 squardons of them as they are very costly..even getting these numbers will not be easy

Never under estimate the enemy.
Hi if you look around Indian total strength will never will be able to attack first the largest of fleet i.e SU is having availability rates close to 50% . The other platforms are smaller in numbers e.g Mirage @ 70% available but 30-35 jets rest i will not consider them as an option . The narrative here is that thunder is on normal mission in normal daily life , for instance in case of war it will be must ,the point here refers to the daily routine after all the war battles will last not more than few weeks if not days . In normal missions it will have standard load but in times of war the load will be added

So we can say it has 11 hard points!

Just like I can tell people my new Range Rover has 4x4 when its never left the tarmac or even seen a low hill

Hi,

Kaho Khait ki---Suno Khalian Ki---.

Aren't all pylons detachable?

Hi,

No---they are not---most pylons are fixed to the frame---or are a part of the frame.

But I support full load regarding A2A battle in normal life too...See we should be prepared for anything all the time..India will not ask permission to launch attack first.

Now, regarding numbers...according to indians they have improved availability rates of SU to 65%.... and but even if we have conventional 50% figure...indians will reach soon to 300 mark with SU30...so that gives them roughly 150 aircrafts...they have about 70 migs..I havent't heard bad reviews about this aircraft..so be on safe side they can field 40 out of these. Then comes new rafael...they have 36 now and their are news about reaching that number to close to 70 atleast..and mind u rafael has very good availability so..even if they keep some of these for chinese threat..they will be able to put 36 for Pak...Along with these planes they will have mirage2000 ,bisons and migs and all these can roughly add 100 even if we consider worst availability rate drom these planes So

SU 10 150
Mig 29 40
Rafael 36
others 100
a total of 326

So my assumption of 300 aircrafts is very realists..Along with these migs from aircraft carrier are additional.

what Pak needs is urgently add atleast 2 squardons for navy so that they can look after carrier based indian planes.
For Paf we definitely need jf17 in huge numbers...i have seen many articles here regarding paf procurement plan..but i think paf is really confused and it will not go for another 4.5 gen plane but directly move to 5th gen.
So paf needs to add more and more thunders..even if we need to go to blk 4 and 5(redesigning the plane to medium weight category)..bcoz even we are willing to go to 5th gen..but we can't have more than 4-5 squardons of them as they are very costly..even getting these numbers will not be easy
what you need is 400 aircrafts, 250 thunders and 150 of different kind
this is not going to be case if we stick our traditional 19 sq(19x16-18=340-360),
so sq numbers have to go up as well
than you need an indigenous SAM(medium to low range) with good ground jammers and radars
you would also need AWECs which we are good
than more trianing and more diversification of opertional capaability

Not correct. Additional wing hard point is a major structural re-arrangement.

Correct but say the full sentence

It is a major structural re-arrangement to the wing structure.

But a dual rack, helps you concentrate on other parts and not wait for the wing to be re-designed.

this is not going to be case if we stick our traditional 19 sq(19x16-18=340-360),
than you need an indigenous SAM(medium to low range) with good ground jammers and radars

Sqn with attrition and maintenance reserves means 20-24 per sqn over say 20 year life time

Image1510033124.392532.jpg

Image1510033134.581039.jpg

Image1510033147.189956.jpg

4 stations so 4 at a time

Image1510033177.739976.jpg

Image1510033189.874309.jpg

Image1510033201.077771.jpg

point is how are we gonna get these aircrafts...PAF has no clue..in10-15 years we will need to retire f-16s..sowhat IAF is facing today we will be facing tomorrow..but PAF's due to criminal negligence..we are standing no where today...we have missed so many opportunities in Musharaf era..just bcoz of PAF's love for f-16

Now..as air chief said we will be moving towards 5th generation i don't know how we will be able to have such numbers for our PAF...as for once no 5th gen is readily available for atleast 10 years and even if it is, then it will be very costly...so we will again stuck with idea that we should induct some 4.5 gen to complement 5th gen..and then it will be a step backwards...while all other forces have already procured 4.5 gen fighters

Also..our all 3 armed forces are sleeping regarding SAM system..the longest range we have is about 40-50 km newly inducted LY-80...which is not enough by any means
i must appreciate india here they have started their own missile system SAM and even some A2A missiles..but Pak has never tried in these fields

Actually on b model wing span increased from 8.5 m without missile installed on wingtip to 9 plus meter so almost a meter more thus chances of the picture above dual seater with additional HP can be a possibility

JF-17%20Thunder4.jpg
I am particularly curious about this wing-tip configuration. We know F-16 carries AIM-120s on their wingtips but are wingtips on Thunder are strong enough to carry a 200Kg missile? As far as my understanding is that, at least for now, Thunder does not support this wingtip configuration. But I also want this to be true in future it will create some very interesting loadout configurations, particularly for maritime operations.

Any Ideas?

Unless they strengthen the wing in future block, wing tip is for short range light aams upto say 150 kg max

Back
Top Bottom