What's new

New tax in Pak could make screening of Indian films expensive

n about vulgarity part, keep enjoying watching Punjabi Mujras in ur Lollywood movies...:D

They can make any dance form as vulgar. :angry: I tried to watch a Lollywood movie in the entire movie they were criticizing Indian cultural invasion and vulgarity entering Pakistani society and in the same movie actor and actress were doing "chipak-chipak ke dance." :lol:

They can make any dance form as vulgar. :angry: I tried to watch a Lollywood movie in the entire movie they were criticizing Indian cultural invasion and vulgarity entering Pakistani society and in the same movie actor and actress were doing "chipak-chipak ke dance." :lol:

It is nothing but confusion coming from issues related to identity.

See, we don't give a damn about what they watch or don't watch. We allow them to see our stuff just like anyone else in the world. For far too many of them, it is the only source of happiness in their otherwise sad lives.

What else would a remote tribal do for entertainment for example?

We just ask not to turn on the very stuff that makes them happy.

If you don't want to watch our movies and dances or listen to our music, just don't do it.

Don't obsess with something that has nothing to do with you in the first place.

Don't obsess with something that has nothing to do with you in the first place.

Then why are you angry at something that is going on here in our country viz a viz Indian movies?

i mean we impose tax or otherwise what it has to do with your anger?

Then why are you angry at something that is going on here in our country viz a viz Indian movies?

i mean we impose tax or otherwise what it has to do with your anger?

I don't care for your tax or even if you ban Indian movies, songs, dances, TV serials etc. That is the right of any sovereign country.

Just like we can ban our movies from being seen by Pakistanis or stop sports ties or send back some Pakistanis when you send those terrorists to kill our people.

It is when you people start badmouthing them or even advising about what they should or should not contain, that I have issues.

I don't care for your tax or even if you ban Indian movies, songs, dances, TV serials etc. That is the right of any sovereign country.

Just like we can ban our movies from being seen by Pakistanis or stop sports ties or send back some Pakistanis when you send those terrorists to kill our people.

It is when you people start badmouthing them or even advising about what they should or should not contain, that I have issues.

NOT at all you cant just act like a weak state by harming and geopridizing international sports event just because some militant Hindu groups are making Indian govt hostage.

If the excuse you had put forward as basis for harming sports/arts/ people to people contact by India, then why NOT stop all trade/ also allowing screening of your movies in Pakistan.

The fact is that it is all about MONEY. When MONEY is involved you Indians put aside that so-called nationalism tag.

Islamabad: A new tax proposed by the Pakistan government could hit the import of films and television serials produced in India and increase the prices of tickets at cinema halls across the country.

While unveiling the budget for 2013-14 in parliament, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar proposed an “adjustable withholding tax” to be levied on all foreign films and television serials.

The tax on a foreign-produced film will be Rs 1 million while the tax for a foreign-produced television drama serial will be Rs 100,000 per episode.

In the case of foreign-produced television plays too, the tax will be Rs 100,000, Dar said. “The new adjustable withholding tax is being proposed for foreign-based films and dramas to make them competitive with the local film industry,” he announced during his budget speech.

Pakistan imports dozens of Bollywood and Hollywood films every year. A ban imposed on the import of Indian films after the 1965 war was partially eased during former military ruler Pervez Musharraf‘s regime.

The restrictions were further eased under the previous Pakistan Peoples Party-led government. Film distributors have credited the import of Bollywood films, which are popular with people across Pakistan, for the revival of cinema-going culture in the country.

Several multiplexes in cities like Karachi and Rawalpindi screen only Bollywood productions. The new tax is adjustable, meaning importers or cinema hall owners can claim refunds while filing annual returns.

Officials said the tax was proposed to keep track of imported films and serials and discourage the reckless import of movies.

However, the new tax could lead to an increase in prices of tickets at cinema halls and multiplexes. Analysts said the new tax could also hit the import of foreign serials aired on Pakistani channels and cable networks.

Besides Indian serials and soaps, Turkish serials dubbed in Urdu are very popular with Pakistanis.

New tax in Pak could make screening of Indian films expensive - Firstpost

Though expensive.. it will make Indian movie screening legal there....piracy will get reduced... and on top of that Pakistani Government will get to make more money out of this tax.

Though expensive.. it will make Indian movie screening legal there....piracy will get reduced... and on top of that Pakistani Government will get to make more money out of this tax.

This is purely a monetary decision. Nothing to do with these movies being Indian made.

Those who screen these movies make big money and pay peanuts to the govt viz a viz Tax net here.

Piracy is a big issue. We watch Indian movies even before these are screened there according to planned dates.

This is purely a monetary decision. Nothing to do with these movies being Indian made.

Those who screen these movies make big money and pay peanuts to the govt viz a viz Tax net here.

Piracy is a big issue. We watch Indian movies even before these are screened there according to planned dates.

Exactly... lets get the Piracy mafia quashed .. and let Government make more money...

Where does the PTI comes in.. appoligist?

read the links one by one... there are official complains launched by Afghanistan for delay in containers comming from India at two instances.

In Punjab, you can by clothes, utensils, auto parts, decoration, cosmetics, shampoos, tea, chemicals, pharmaceuticals.... all made in india.

Are they falling from sky?

You tell me where PTI comes in? It was you who like an idiot was blaming PTI for no genuine or logical reason.

NOT at all you cant just act like a weak state by harming and geopridizing international sports event just because some militant Hindu groups are making Indian govt hostage.

You feel there should be no reaction when Pakistani terrorists kill Indians (or any other nationality).

We don't agree. How you want to interpret this is up to you.

If the excuse you had put forward as basis for harming sports/arts/ people to people contact by India, then why NOT stop all trade/ also allowing screening of your movies in Pakistan.

I am in favor of all this "sports/arts/ people to people contact". Nothing against the Pakistani people.

When Pakistani terrorists are killing our people, this can take a backseat.

The response has to be calibrated. You go to the extent of stopping all relations when everything else has failed.

Of course, we have limited options at this time to retaliate against an unstable militaristic state with nuclear weapons.

The fact is that it is all about MONEY. When MONEY is involved you Indians put aside that so-called nationalism tag.

I don't know where money comes into this. India may only lose some money by stopping sports ties but that is immaterial.

You feel there should be no reaction when Pakistani terrorists kill Indians (or any other nationality).

We don't agree. How you want to interpret this is up to you.

I am in favor of all this "sports/arts/ people to people contact". Nothing against the Pakistani people.

When Pakistani terrorists are killing our people, this can take a backseat.

The response has to be calibrated. You go to the extent of stopping all relations when everything else has failed.

Of course, we have limited options at this time to retaliate against an unstable militaristic state with nuclear weapons.

I don't know where money comes into this. India may only lose some money by stopping sports ties but that is immaterial.

1. By harming those areas which promote peace, India is helping the "terrorists" .

2. If India is so keen to protect its people and pressurize Pakistan then it must end all ties. Funny is that you are allowing your movies and also long for trade and want trade route through Pakistan and willing to forget your favourit cry the "terror". This is where money comes in the picture. You guys if can make money through such steps then you forget about "terrorism against your people".

so stop coming up with facepalms regarding harming sports/writers/artists. You have acheived nothing through this.

as far as terrorists and killing of innocent people are concerned your Hindu terrorists had killed and burnt alive over 60 Pakistanis in Samjhota express inside India. You are not saints.

Look within and then blame others.

1. By harming those areas which promote peace, India is helping the "terrorists" .

No. We want Pakistan to act against the terrorists that operate freely and with official support.

2. If India is so keen to protect its people and pressurize Pakistan then it must end all ties. Funny is that you are allowing your movies and also long for trade and want trade route through Pakistan and willing to forget your favourit cry the "terror". This is where money comes in the picture. You guys if can make money through such steps then you forget about "terrorism against your people".

As I said it has to be calibrated. We hope that Pakistan will see the futility of trying to gain anything through terror that has harmed Pakistan much more than anyone else.

Allowing our movies to Pakistan is hardly any big money. It is peanuts actually.

You are a small insignificant market as of now for Indian goods or movies. You are overemphasizing on money as a factor with no real basis.

so stop coming up with facepalms regarding harming sports/writers/artists. You have acheived nothing through this.

Nor have you achieved anything with terror. Still they keep coming and getting killed in their hundreds.

At the average age of 16.9 years as per that study on LET terrorists.

as far as terrorists and killing of innocent people are concerned your Hindu terrorists had killed and burnt alive over 60 Pakistanis in Samjhota express inside India. You are not saints.

See, any Pakistani terrorists killing people within Pakistan is not our top concern. We may have sympathies with the victims but it is primarily a Pakistani problem.

Your trying to find an equivalent to Pakistani Islamic terror in India is funny but I know you people need that crutch.

Look within and then blame others.

As I said I don't care what happens within Pakistan or tribal areas.

It is when they come to India to kill and get killed that I give a damn.

who goes to cinemas there days here?

anyway those who want to watch can watch it on DVD/cable/dish.

no need to go to dirrty cinemas
Its a different experience. You cant compare the two. lol.
Only way you can support your own artists/industry is by going to cinema, no by watching on dvd/cable/dish which is inadequate for the production house.
No wonder your once thriving industry is decimated now.

Incase you have never been to a multiplex, please do, its complete different experince now a days, no fighting, no rush, no bedbugs and no 10 ka 20.

No. We want Pakistan to act against the terrorists that operate freely and with official support.

As I said it has to be calibrated. We hope that Pakistan will see the futility of trying to gain anything through terror that has harmed Pakistan much more than anyone else.

Allowing our movies to Pakistan is hardly any big money. It is peanuts actually.

You are a small insignificant market as of now for Indian goods or movies. You are overemphasizing on money as a factor with no real basis.

Nor have you achieved anything with terror. Still they keep coming and getting killed in their hundreds.

At the average age of 16.9 years as per that study on LET terrorists.

See, any Pakistani terrorists killing people within Pakistan is not our top concern. We may have sympathies with the victims but it is primarily a Pakistani problem.

Your trying to find an equivalent to Pakistani Islamic terror in India is funny but I know you people need that crutch.

As I said I don't care what happens within Pakistan or tribal areas.

It is when they come to India to kill and get killed that I give a damn.

nobody is talking about what is going on in Pakistan.

Samjhita express trian was in India and Indian Hindu terrorists attacked it and killed Pakistanis.

As far as the action is concerned we are working on it. When all the related material is there the process will take just like India is trying to start the same process in Sikh Genocide in 84 at the hands of Hindu terrorists.

As far as the peanut and insignificant market is concerned, despite huge business you Indians still need peanuts. And if you think you dont need it then why Indian film makers are keeping peanuts above their national ghairat ;)

Its a different experience. You cant compare the two. lol.
Only way you can support your own artists/industry is by going to cinema, no by watching on dvd/cable/dish which is inadequate for the production house.
No wonder your once thriving industry is decimated now.

Incase you have never been to a multiplex, please do, its complete different experince now a days, no fighting, no rush, no bedbugs and no 10 ka 20.

1. i am talking about the condition of cinemas and those who go to these here in my country :) i would like to go to a good western cinema but not the paan laden/ smoking one here
2. indeed its a different experience but here cinemas are in shambles so dont offer better deal than DVDs/cable and tv.

3. The local film industry can only get support of Cinema goers if it is trying to become a quality one. ours is not the one and hence even cinema houses cant help them.

Back
Top Bottom