What's new

New Mod: HRK

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your comment is regarding marked variation in moderation pattern then I dont think so. We have our own induction/training/tips/guidance section to ensure uniformity , as much as is humanly possible, in mod actions

The problem that we faced was that we didnt have enough mods to deal with a 200 reports/day onslaught

There is no variation in the moderation pattern, Sir. What I commented was correct: It is the lack of uniform enforcement for all members that is the basic problem. More mods are good, but not if they do the same thing I have pointed out. And I say this with the best of intentions for PDF.

Welp gratz @HRK man i want to be a mod too :D btw are their any Req's for it? @Manticore serious question

Last edited:
There is no variation in the moderation pattern, Sir. What I commented was correct: It is the lack of uniform enforcement for all members that is the basic problem. More mods are good, but not if they do the same thing I have pointed out. And I say this with the best of intentions for PDF.

I feel by and large Mods do a good enough job, uniform enforcement is not humanely possible as mods being only human also have certain inherent biases which are neigh impossible to get rid off. All in all this is a Pakistan Defense Forum first of all not an international one and this is fine as the forum thrives on that fact.

I feel by and large Mods do a good enough job, uniform enforcement is not humanely possible as mods being only human also have certain inherent biases which are neigh impossible to get rid off. All in all this is a Pakistan Defense Forum not an international one and this is fine as the forum thrives on that fact.

Of course it is the right of the management to runs their forum as they see fit. I continue to respect that right.

Regarding tag holders, we first inform them in a PM. This is a privilege they do receive -- and if actions persist admin strips the tags of those members, after that we directly infract them upon breaching of forum rules just as regular members.

Well being Moderator, i think it remains neutral and unbiased so why to give it a feeling that there is an Indian Moderator at PDF. User will always feel comfortable when justice is done impartially. I did not mean to flame anti Indian moderator thing but wanted to raise voice for current moderators are impartial, as they are so why need of Indian Moderator for Indian users comfort.

Regarding tag holders, we first inform them in a PM. This is a privilege they do receive -- and if actions persist admin strips the tags of those members, after that we directly infract them upon breaching of forum rules just as regular members.

As I said above Sir, it is the management's right to run their forum as they wish. The process you describe is wonderful. The results are not, unfortunately.

As I said above Sir, it is the management's right to run their forum as they wish. The process you describe is wonderful. The results are not, unfortunately.
You are a dreamer - nothing can be ideal in life not even forum moderation, Swallow this bitter pill and life will be blissful. Hopefully this resultant blissfulness will culminate in reduced sly / sarcastic remarks :P

You are a dreamer - nothing can be ideal in life not even forum moderation, Swallow this bitter pill and life will be blissful. Hopefully this resultant blissfulness will culminate in reduced sly / sarcastic remarks :P

There was nothing sly or sarcastic in my remark Sir. I meant it exactly as written, nothing more or nothing less. The fact that the management is making changes is proof enough that the existing system is not working as well as they would wish. My point is that doing more of the same and expecting different results fits a famous definition, but I have no need to say anything further here.

(And alHamdoLillah, my life is plenty blissful. :D )

There was nothing sly or sarcastic in my remark Sir. I meant it exactly as written, nothing more or nothing less. The fact that the management is making changes is proof enough that the existing system is not working as well as they would wish.
)
I didnt mean your remarks in this thread.
The fact that the management is making changes is proof enough that the existing system is not working as well as they would wish and they are trying to make it better based on their perceived goal

I didnt mean your remarks in this thread.
The fact that the management is making changes is proof enough that the existing system is not working as well as they would wish and they are trying to make it better based on their perceived goal

I wish the management good luck in meeting and indeed exceeding their goals.

There was nothing sly or sarcastic in my remark Sir. I meant it exactly as written, nothing more or nothing less. The fact that the management is making changes is proof enough that the existing system is not working as well as they would wish. My point is that doing more of the same and expecting different results fits a famous definition, but I have no need to say anything further here.

(And alHamdoLillah, my life is plenty blissful. :D )

This is not the case at all for the reasons you might suspect. Load is basically the main reason for new inductions, our existing numbers were not sufficient to cope with the sheer quantity of tasks, even though it seems Webby has added all sorts of features to ensure efficiency, we face a great deal reports daily. And of course, mods aren't active all the time, so it is hard to cope at times. This is the main reason as I see it for the much welcomed additions to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom