What's new

New JF-17 Squadron to be raised

Flight call sign is usually same as that of the flight leader...so if someone's callsign is Hussain the flight will also be named as Hussain...thats the trend in PAF now a days..in old times only senior pilots had their own callsigns,these days as soon as u become OPs u can have a callsign of ur own(though its useless until u become pair or flight leader).PAF pilots mostly use islamic names as their callsigns.But yeah sqn callsigns are also used.
USAF system of callsigns is very different from that of PAF.
Make that PAF has a very different system of call-sign usage compared to most international air forces. Cheers !!!

Make that PAF has a very different system of call-sign usage compared to most international air forces. Cheers !!!
I wrote USAF bcuz u gave an example of their fighter sqdrn...USMC to be precise.

The squadron named as Wolves is great, but callsigns during flying will be "Wolf". Clarity on the radio calls due to the pronunciation of the word. When VMFA-122 flew the F/A-18, their flight call signs would sometimes be "Wolf ##" simply for to sound clearer on the radio.....even though they were known as the "Werewolves". Just I thought I'd share that....Cheers !!!
Same applies to PAF's No 26 'Black Spiders' unit.

ACM announced that 6 sqds have been equipped with JF-17, this means the new sqd is now official.

This new Sq No. 28 would be the 20th combat squadron of PAF which means that PAF is expanding its fleet & air bases.

PAF should increase its combat squadrons to atleast 24 & build few more air bases (Dadu, DG Khan, Zhob, DI Khan, Ormara)

I think the next squadron inline for replacement would be No. 18 OCU F-7P.

This new Sq No. 28 would be the 20th combat squadron of PAF which means that PAF is expanding its fleet & air bases.

PAF should increase its combat squadrons to atleast 24 & build few more air bases (Dadu, DG Khan, Zhob, DI Khan, Ormara)

I think the next squadron inline for replacement would be No. 18 OCU F-7P.

1. 1 sqn war time fighter interceptor role against uav and other Ac such as army heli and other Ac
2 sqn
5 sqn
7 sqn
8 sqn
9 sqn
11 sqn
14 sqn
15 sqn
16 sqn
17 sqn
18 sqn
19 sqn
20 sqn
22 sqn
23 sqn
25 sqn
26 sqn
27 sqn
Ccs sqn during war act as a sqn but may / may not operate as independent sqn and merge with one of the other ??

Total 20

28th will be 21 fighter sqn

Looks like paf is keeping f7ps in 18 and the sharp shooter sqn, using all remaining f-7s with life left till there are no hours left on the type , guessing here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom