What's new

New Emirati lightweight UCAV "Reach-S"

Egypt is manufacturing almost the same design drones..

belarus-burevestnik-mb-attack-uav-display-e1530655813760.jpg

08d32984f928f2e4e66c625d102a59d0.jpg

It looks at bit like the Ethiopian flag is painted on it? Is that on purpose or Egypt is just trolling

looks interesting
IMO this is probably the optimal design for an expendable attack and ISR drone. Not only the TB2, but Pakistan's Shahpar-2 is also similar. My guess: This design functions well from most environments, is cheaper to manufacture in numbers, and does a good enough job for guided-strikes. The end-user isn't worried about losing these in combat either.

@JamD
I agree, I have a feeling the UAE is mimicking the Turkish strategy with the TB2 that they observed in Libya.

Four micro glide munition is great loadout for a product that is easily producable and replaceable.

If the EO/IR system is as good as the TB2 this could be good for both export to countries in Africa such as Ethiopia and UAEAF use.

I agree, I have a feeling the UAE is mimicking the Turkish strategy with the TB2 that they observed in Libya.

The air intake/watercooling looks different. At first look i thought "turbo charged". But in the description there is 912 mentioned. Strange.

Four micro glide munition is great loadout for a product that is easily producable and replaceable.

If the EO/IR system is as good as the TB2 this could be good for both export to countries in Africa such as Ethiopia and UAEAF use.
Observed in Libya.. it is more than that..they have downed a few TB2s..Forgot?

By international standards how good is it?
Comparable to Wescam MX-8 and MX-10.

The quality is not as good as the MX-15 used on the TB2 but this one is much lighter and cheaper.

This turret weighs 12kg while the MX-15 weighs 45 kg. If they develop a heavyweight turret it will probably be as good as the MX-15.

In the future they can develop a targeting pod as well.

Comparable to Wescam MX-8 and MX-10.

The quality is not as good as the MX-15 used on the TB2 but this one is much lighter and cheaper.

This turret weighs 12kg while the MX-15 weighs 45 kg. If they develop a heavyweight turret it will probably be as good as the MX-15.

In the future they can develop a targeting pod as well.
I'm really stupid:lol: I thought its size and weight is about a watermelon
I should talk with myself and solve my stupidity

62995.jpg

this-picture-taken-on-november-14-2021-shows-a-view-of-the-reachs-picture-id1236561838

Look at the nose of Bayraktar and the nose of Reach-S.. You will notice that the nose of Bayraktar is more tapered, and this flatness in the body is generally connected to the three air holes above and on the sides of the body on the side of the engine.. While you will notice that the Reach-S has a more rounded nose and this is connected to the hull as it arches lower to the single engine hatch (which is located above the rear of the hull)

The wheels are somewhat different, although they are similar in that they are retractable,,,

The wings in Bayraktar point upwards the farther from the body, while in the Reach S they are straight..

REACH-S 🇦🇪
Speed: 80 knots
Max Altitude: 19000 feet
Payload: 120kg
Range: 200 km
Roaming: 24 hours

Bayraktar TB2 🇹🇷
Speed: 70 knots
Max Altitude: 27000 feet
Payload: 150 kg
Range: 150 km
Roaming: 27 hours