What's new

New Delhi police fire water cannon at India rape protest

Not true .. there were lots of female police constable/ officers. Our media is know for pick and choose to show only bad with spices.

But we also must recognize that our police lack gears and training to tackle mobs/ protesters. The way they were acting I do not see lack of basic training and discipline.

You are going out of your way to defend police actions.

So many channels with nonstop broadcast, hardly any female constables were seen.

Do you know the majority protestors were FEMALE ?

I would have had brought in more female constables who could had dragged or physically controlled the female crowd.

I would order the male constables to go only after the male protestors and if required give them a spanking.

THE FACT IS there were no female constables at all, atleast I did not see them on TV. Since, there were no female constables and its not prudent for male constables to physically handle female protestors, they resorted to lathi-charge and water canons.

There were women constables on duty but not in a number big enough to deal with such a massive crowd. Don't know if Delhi police have enough numbers of women riot police, I know the RAF does but didn't see any of them(doesn't mean they weren't there). In any case physical handling of protestors only works when police are in equal number or more than protestors. In mobs like this, it is simply not an option. Lathi charges are done to disperse crowds enabling police to deal with smaller groups. The police simply cannot allow the mob to build up a momentum, the more you allow, the higher the level of force that would be required to deal with the situation.

This is ridiculous. Complete incompetency at the highest levels of the police. It was complete police fault. The commissioner must go and go for good.

I don't agree. The police follows its rules within limitations. Blaming the commissioner is not very helpful.

And everything happened despite so many metro stations being shut. A big LOL at the Delhi govt. and the police. Trying to suppress protests by cutting of transport routes. Disgusting incompetent MORONS.

It is very effective, See for example, today. Yesterday the police were ordered to relax their strict control by the politicians who thought that all their talk the previous night & early morning would have guaranteed some reasonableness in the crowd. Big mistake.

You are going out of your way to defend police actions.

So many channels with nonstop broadcast, hardly any female constables were seen.

Do you know the majority protestors were FEMALE ?

You are wrong. There were.

There were women constables on duty but not in a number big enough to deal with such a massive crowd. Don't know if Delhi police have enough numbers of women riot police, I know the RAF does but didn't see any of them(doesn't mean they weren't there). In any case physical handling of protestors only works when police are in equal number or more than protestors. In mobs like this, it is simply not an option. Lathi charges are done to disperse crowds enabling police to deal with smaller groups. The police simply cannot allow the mob to build up a momentum, the more you allow, the higher the level of force that would be required to deal with the situation.

I don't agree. The police follows its rules within limitations. Blaming the commissioner is not very helpful.

It is very effective, See for example, today. Yesterday the police were ordered to relax their strict control by the politicians who thought that all their talk the previous night & early morning would have guaranteed some reasonableness in the crowd. Big mistake.

Unwarranted unjustified reaction by the police. Could have handled in abetter way.

Someone must accept responsibility. It will have to be the CP of police. The politicians will never take it among themselves.

Unwarranted unjustified reaction by the police. Could have handled in abetter way.

Someone must accept responsibility. It will have to be the CP of police. The politicians will never take it among themselves.

So you will blame the one guy doing his job because the others(the politicians) are not doing theirs. This required political handling, they chose to hide behind the police which just did their job.

This is government n police fault. In protesters congress political student wing was also involved.

In a protest of angry youth against system, some rage is expected .

I dont blame either police or the mob.

Police was doing their job as they are taught and instructed. The mob was acting just like a protest crowd.

Police do not start lashing lathis on crowed without proper instructions. I'd not blame police ONLY for the situation. Police may or may not be wrong but they are doing what ever necessary to ensure the safety of VIPs (read president of India).

If some one need to be blamed is the Govt. of Delhi, Govt. of India and it's PR cell. They failed measurably to read sentiments of people and bring credible action to calm down the situation.

So Delhi CM/ Delhi Home minister/Indian home minister/ Pm must take responsibility of aggravated situation.

So you will blame the one guy doing his job because the others(the politicians) are not doing theirs. This required political handling, they chose to hide behind the police which just did their job.

This is not first time that delhi police was involved in beating public. We have seen many worst cases then this one.
I think you missed the pics of these protest.

as NSUI was involved can you explain how delhi police forget to beat NSUI leaders but beat every one.

In a protest of angry youth against system, some rage is expected .

I dont blame either police or the mob.

Police was doing their job as they are taught and instructed. The mob was acting just like a protest crowd.

You can't use the word "mob" to describe all the protesters. It was the duty of the police to differentiate between protesters and mob.

This is not first time that delhi police was involved in beating public. We have seen many worst cases then this one.
I think you missed the pics of these protest.

as NSUI was involved can you explain how delhi police forget to beat NSUI leaders but beat every one.

Don't mistake me for being a blind supporter of anything, including the action of the police. However I try to be as fair as possible in apportioning blame & the police are the usual whipping boys who get pelted by the protestors & condemned by both the politicians as well as others. I'm merely pointing out that if the police blockades had not been removed in the first place, there would have been no need for such scenes. That was a political decision and the police are being unfairly targeted. Breaking cordons will guarantee action, women who attempt to do that should expect no preferential treatment.

I just don't understand why some here justify the police brutality against women with the excuse that there were anti social elements. The women went there to protest as well as men. The protest took an ugly turn because the police started using water canons and lathi charges from the very beginning. The demand of the protesters is just.

Those who think that still their women, mothers, sisters, wives or daughters are safe at home, so they don't have to care, listen, open you eyes, it is just a matter of time that rapists will storm into your house and rape them in front of you considering the ever increasing rate of rape crimes. Don't just think you will be safe at the end of the day. You are not fcukin some superhuman that you could defend your mothers and sisters all along. Don't delude yourself. You won't have the time to regret.

Back
Top Bottom