What's new

New Delhi police fire water cannon at India rape protest

It's turning into all out caste warfare! The lower castes have had enough of the corrupt and inept babus!

exactly!! And thats why we support Narendra Modi as he is lower caste!! LOLz hahahahahahaaha

Well there goes the so called "peaceful" protest. Under no circumstances is this kind of vandalism acceptable...

No offense but your police and officials forced them to commit such stuff ...they are all doing peaceful protests for a national cause but what did your leaders and policeman did? ridiculed them with "lathi charge" holding and throwing girls in a pathetic manner and laughing over there miserable condition ....These all are the factors that have turned them violent

No citizen in his sane condition wants to harm his country's property but when they think nobody is there to listen then they are done with there tolerance and you expect such things...Had the politicians and police given them a satisfactory response throughout all these days no one would have been doing this

But i highly condemn the act of damaging any other citizen's property , i mean they are as innocent as the ones protesting ..whats their fault in all this stuff that you are damaging their property...dont know with how much hard work and hectic stuff someone buys a car or other stuff and it takes just few minutes for some violent people to burn it to ashes .....numb skulls

I heard that in China, death sentence is given to the rapists. If true, I think, I appreciate the role of the Chinese laws. In China, women are entirely liberated. Chinese society is the ideal society for women.

In Saudia Arabia its the case....If they find anyone committing theft they cut his hands...and if they find anyone involved in other stuff like killing, raping etc bang there goes the head ...

even you can't beg on roads like the way people do here in Pakistan and india ....

People getting wake up and protesting is a good sign. On the other hand they haven't right to block roads etc.

I really get annoyed if someone block my way back home in here.

The government wants strong action against the culpurates .
The police wants strong action against the culpurates .
The media wants strong action against the culpurates .
The public wants strong action against the culpurates .

A question :- Why all this biasness when the law are being made in favour of the general protesters ?
Has the mob lost it ?
Aek din ho gaya , do din kar liya , teeb din ho gaya but still the protests .
These people are hurting Indias image in the world stage :hitwall:
I would say continue the protests when an appropriate action might not been taken by the gov.
Saala tv mein aane ke liye kuch bhi karenge :hitwall:

The government wants strong action against the culpurates .
The police wants strong action against the culpurates .
The media wants strong action against the culpurates .
The public wants strong action against the culpurates .

A question :- Why all this biasness when the law are being made in favour of the general protesters ?
Has the mob lost it ?
Aek din ho gaya , do din kar liya , teeb din ho gaya but still the protests .
These people are hurting Indias image in the world stage :hitwall:
I would say continue the protests when an appropriate action might not been taken by the gov.
Saala tv mein aane ke liye kuch bhi karenge :hitwall:

because they are frustrated and have a sense of in-security as such thing can happen to any of their family members too.... In our part of the world it takes weeks to file an FIR, months to take first step and years to take proper action ,till that time don't know how many other sins those culprits can commit

If you have been living at that place with your family using public means you would have same insecurity and frustration ...Such incidents can lead easily lead to a depressed environment

Rape at public places can't easily be tolerated or forgotten as it takes guts for the culprits to commit such act in an open surrounding ...and believe me no one can do it without having a proper influence or links, it takes some guts ....Had it been an act in a less open place people would have moved on relatively easily

That was sad. But the police is simply incompetent.

May I ask why there we re no women constables? Was the police blind that it did not see so many women protestors ?

Police started it and they paid the price.

I am trying to figure it out how much under the table money Times of India has received from the Govt to spread propaganda.

What propaganda ?

Can't believe that others Indians are justifying breaking the law while protesting the breaking of the law. Was watching headlines Today where the idiot anchor was saying something inane like the protestors reacted violently because the riot police wore "menacing gear" which provoked the protestors. Never heard that one before. Seems like an excuse that rapists & eve teasers come up with, that they were provoked by the girl's clothes.

So this is the way how you behave with protestors which had such a female percentage ?

I dont care what headlines today broadcasts. I was aghast by the blows that police gave to the females who were simply protesting verbally.

Nothing happened over there which justified the behaviour that police exhibited. No wonder Sheila Dixit herself is aghast and so is her son, who wants the police commissioner to resign.

Why not? The protesters turned violent and some protesters tried to enter highly-restricted zones. Any poloce force in the world would have acted in exactly the same manner sir. Can you see the US letting protesters enter into the grounds of the Capital building or White house???

No doubt most of these protesters had good intentions but rioting and vandalising is not the way to put your point across and there is no doubt that a small minority of the protesters were good, old fashioned hooligans/anarchists out looking to wreck havoc and destroy.

Peaceful protest is protected in India violence is not. Policemen have been seriously hurt in the protests and some thugs resorted to throwing stones at the police.

So, some hooligans resort to arson and stoning, and in retaliation police will start hitting the women?

Wow, that's really weird explanation :lol:

Did you see TV? Have you seen how male constables have thrashed female protestors? Delhi police does not even have the intelligence to bring in female constables even though there were so many female protestors.

I am simply shocked how readily Indians start defending unjustified govt./police actions. All you guys seem to me like govt. stooges.

Has the government completely shut down the metro? Or only some metro stations shut down? Are other modes of public transport shut down?

because they are frustrated and have a sense of in-security as such thing can happen to any of their family members too.... In our part of the world it takes weeks to file an FIR, months to take first step and years to take proper action ,till that time don't know how many other sins those culprits can commit

If you have been living at that place with your family using public means you would have same insecurity and frustration ...Such incidents can lead easily lead to a depressed environment

Rape at public places can't easily be tolerated or forgotten as it takes guts for the culprits to commit such act in an open surrounding ...and believe me no one can do it without having a proper influence or links, it takes some guts ....Had it been an act in a less open place people would have moved on relatively easily

Mani whatever you said is cent percent true however what I was trying to say is the protestors have taken there stand and had their share of chance , now allot the government some time to implement some actions.
After that if the protestors like the soln. then its well and good otherwise then they should carry on their protests .
Abhi kya hai na ki today Putin is arriving in New Delhi and he might be astonished to see such an act . This is only gonna hurt Indias image as a whole ;(

While you are right about the cause for the anger, it has been hijacked by interested parties. Rape is a complicated issue & not as straightforward as the protestors seem to suggest. This heinous case aside ( a particularly abhorrent case), 90% of all rapes happen where the perpetrator is a member of the family or someone else close, all known to the victims. Massive pressure usually comes on the victim from their own families to not proceed. The idiotic demand for death sentence betrays a complete lack of understanding of the legal system. In India, even murder is not always punishable by death, that having been reserved for the rarest of rare cases. If applied to rape, it would immediately result in convictions going down (judges would require very high standard of evidence to hand down the death penalty) and more likely, would result in the murders of rape victims to try & eliminate evidence(after all, you can't be hanged twice). I much prefer the punishment of chemical castration for all cases of child rape & for some extremely violent & brutal rapes like this one.

So this is the way how you behave with protestors which had such a female percentage ?

I dont care what headlines today broadcasts. I was aghast by the blows that police gave to the females who were simply protesting verbally.

Nothing happened over there which justified the behaviour that police exhibited. No wonder Sheila Dixit herself is aghast and so is her son, who wants the police commissioner to resign.

What would you have done differently?

Mani whatever you said is cent percent true however what I was trying to say is the protestors have taken there stand and had their share of chance , now allot the government some time to implement some actions.
After that if the protestors like the soln. then its well and good otherwise then they should carry on their protests .
Abhi kya hai na ki today Putin is arriving in New Delhi and he might be astonished to see such an act . This is only gonna hurt Indias image as a whole ;(

You are right to your point but you know we have illiterate masses who dont know the effect of their actions on the image of their country at international level, most of them are such naive to these things and believe me many of them will be unaware of Putin's visit to delhi...now its upto govt how to resolve it coz we have seen "lathi charge" and brutality by police hasn't done any good to these ....govt should have formulated some plan to calm down these protesters

In our part of the world there are 5 reasons why these protesters protest

1-Many of these protesters protests coz they really feel bad about the incident and condemn the behavior of govt and police

2- Many protests just because they see other protesting

3- some protest just to get under lime light

4- Some protest coz protesting and damaging property means power to them

5- Some protest because they really want to spoil the image in other words they are the one of those elements that don't want the country to grow

I have seen many protests in Pakistan where protesters damaged each and everything they found around them may it be lights, vehicles, security cameras etc etc and when asked for the reason they were as flat as anything, they even didn't know why the protests were talking place they just jumped into to remove their frustration .

May sound surprising but there are elements in public who think if they dont have ABC they will not let others to have so or they simply cant bear that ABC thing in others possession so they remove their frustration in such way

You are right to your point but you know we have illiterate masses who dont know the effect of their actions on the image of their country at international level, most of them are such naive to these things and believe me many of them will be unaware of Putin's visit to delhi...now its upto govt how to resolve it coz we have seen "lathi charge" and brutality by police hasn't done any good to these ....govt should have formulated some plan to calm down these protesters

In our part of the world there are 5 reasons why these protesters protest

1-Many of these protesters protests coz they really feel bad about the incident and condemn the behavior of govt and police

2- Many protests just because they see other protesting

3- some protest just to get under lime light

4- Some protest coz protesting and damaging property means power to them

5- Some protest because they really want to spoil the image in other words they are the one of those elements that don't want the country to grow

I have seen many protests in Pakistan where protesters damaged each and everything they found around them may it be lights, vehicles, security cameras etc etc and when asked for the reason they were as flat as anything, they even didn't know why the protests were talking place they just jumped into to remove their frustration .

May sound surprising but there are elements in public who think if they dont have ABC they will not let others to have so or they simply cant bear that ABC thing in others possession so they remove their frustration in such way

You are right the protesters a mix of people hurt by such ongoing incidents, people visiting for fun or visiting to get some limelight.

But bottom line is that the awareness level in masses is going up and it's a good sign. It will bear fruits in long terms and will force our adamant netas and babus to improve.

I'd the dawn in just a corner away!!

Mean time for people who do not want to change or repel the movement ...
lathicharge-on-protesters-at-raisina-hills-50d616ea2c771_g.jpg

What would you have done differently?

I would have had brought in more female constables who could had dragged or physically controlled the female crowd.

I would order the male constables to go only after the male protestors and if required give them a spanking.

THE FACT IS there were no female constables at all, atleast I did not see them on TV. Since, there were no female constables and its not prudent for male constables to physically handle female protestors, they resorted to lathi-charge and water canons.

This is ridiculous. Complete incompetency at the highest levels of the police. It was complete police fault. The commissioner must go and go for good.

And everything happened despite so many metro stations being shut. A big LOL at the Delhi govt. and the police. Trying to suppress protests by cutting of transport routes. Disgusting incompetent MORONS.

The guys who ever happened to have studied psychology know the best thing someone can do during these times is to let these people remove there frustration because once they go back without removing their frustration they can poison it out next time creating more severe damage ....

During the murder of bibi we have millions of people on roads who literally burned everything from property to people, any vehicles along with individuals were burned , shops , street lights , petrol pumps whatever that came in their way they burned it ....Hospitals were closed patients were not able to step into even for emergencies ...but no one bothered to stop them because those who would have refrained them would have been burned along ...once the smokes cleared up we witnessed burning and damage everywhere ...the whole economy went down ...thats the way sometimes it goes

On that day those people who even didnt ever support bibi were also on the roads burning things up.... at the end of the day we have to admit the reality that this part of the world is not short on fools .....thats why we are what we are and never able to become what we wanted to .......

I would have had brought in more female constables who could had dragged or physically controlled the female crowd.

I would order the male constables to go only after the male protestors and if required give them a spanking.

THE FACT IS there were no female constables at all, atleast I did not see them on TV. Since, there were no female constables and its not prudent for male constables to physically handle female protestors, they resorted to lathi-charge and water canons.

This is ridiculous. Complete incompetency at the highest levels of the police. It was complete police fault. The commissioner must go and go for good.

And everything happened despite so many metro stations being shut. A big LOL at the Delhi govt. and the police. Trying to suppress protests by cutting of transport routes. Disgusting incompetent MORONS.

Not true .. there were lots of female police constable/ officers. Our media is known for pick and choose to show only bad with lot spices.

But we also must recognize that our police lack gears and training to tackle mobs/ protesters. The way they were acting I do not see lack of basic training and discipline.

Back
Top Bottom