What's new

New book Tears apart the Image of Gandhi

All I know is , USA teaches their all history including the Civil war !!! to their kids so they would understand what was done write and what was done wrong.

Infact in USA they inact the Civil war battles and take their children to it

Their children know the dates of every major event and the generals who fought the battles why they fought the war the casualties and details

Why don't we teach kids in our schools , about Ottoman empire ?
Why don't we teach kids , why the Empire never came to rescue of Muslims in Subcontinent?
Why we don't teach kids there was a secret pact between British - Ottoman Empire for generations? Tipu ka back stab to sunate hain , Ottoman Empire wala Arab back stab kiyon nahi?
Why don't we teach why it was important for our Leaders to have civil disobedience vs Armed resistance
Why don't we teach kids that it was brave Arab leaders who helped bring down Ottoman Empire ? Which created Palestine
Do we teach kids about Shah Faisal , and various leadership meeting in Pakistan ? On political matters
Do we cover our role in Region as power house during the 60's
We don't cover serious topics we had defence pacts with Turkey- Iran - Pakistan why we have not been able to have trade of 50 billion with these nations ?

What is the use of such study books if they don't cover topics in Policies of governments and changes over decades

No mention of failure of our Auto/Manufacturing sector
No mention of moving the capital from Karachi to Islamabad decision ? Why it was done
No mention of any scientist , hero from 1947 to present in civilian sector ?
No mention of sports hero from 1947 to present ? Important nahi hai Pakistan Studies ke liye?
No mention of diplomatic decision to join US alliance in 50's impact on Pakistan as nation?
No mention of failure of major banks in Pakistan or forced bans
No mention of international sanctions
No coverage of our historic sports history by various athletes who have represented Pakistan
No coverage or chapter on any national honors given to Civilian citizens why it was given
No mention of any Business man who created a major corporation in Pakistan
No mention of evolution of textile industry in Pakistan , asman se aye thi? Kiya ?

Bhutto jus ki waja se Pakistan seperate howa , why did he insist on holding POWER ? when Eastern Pakistan main Majority thi ? Not mentioned in books

Every thing is a rosy box of chocolate !

Mohammad Bin Qasim - > Gazwa-e Hind -> 1857 - > Quid-e-Azam -> Illama Iqbal -> Joining congress -> Muslim League-> 1943 -> Pakistan -> Death of Qauid -> ............................GAP..................................1960 .....65 War...71 war...1971 ...Constitution....
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP-----> Asian TIGER (Inshallah in 5 years)

Last edited:
All I know is , USA teaches their all history including the Civil war !!! to their kids so they would understand what was done write and what was done wrong.

Infact in USA they inact the Civil war battles and take their children to it

Their children know the dates of every major event and the generals who fought the battles why they fought the war the casualties and details

Why don't we teach kids in our schools , about Ottoman empire ?
Why don't we teach kids , why the Empire never came to rescue of Muslims in Subcontinent?
Why we don't teach kids there was a secret pact between British - Ottoman Empire for generations?
Why don't we teach why it was important for our Leaders to have civil disobedience vs Armed resistance
Why don't we teach kids that it was brave Arab leaders who helped bring down Ottoman Empire ? Which created Palestine
Do we teach kids about Shah Faisal , and various leadership meeting in Pakistan ? On political matters
Do we cover our role in Region as power house during the 60's

What is the use of such study books if they don't cover topics in Policies of governments and changes over decades

No mention of failure of our Auto/Manufacturing sector

Every thing is a rosy box of chocolate !

Mohammad Bin Qasim - > Gazwa-e Hind -> 1857 - > Quid-e-Azam -> Illama Iqbal -> Joining congress -> Muslim League-> 1943 -> Pakistan -> Death of Qauid -> ............................GAP..................................1960 .....65 War...71 war...1971 ...Constitution....
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP-----> Asian TIGER (Inshallah in 5 years)
No problem living in USA so I will check school books on US history but you still did not answer my question where is an impartial investigation of 9/11....it is no where....not to speak of school text books, even the grown ups are denied access to the information. And this way we also teach about so many Muslim kings and commanders and our history is much longer than USA since it starts with advent of Islam. And if all those topics are discussed in details, the books will be too thick and children will not have time for any other subject to study. I think this kind of history should be taught at Bachelor and Masters level. But I agree that the flaws in the history should be removed and truth should be taught or say full truth but is there a scope for all details at school level...I really don't think so unless the sole aim of our education system is to produce historians.

Gandhi was no mahatma . He was a racist , classist , colourist and casteist douche .
It's a misconception that he is father of the nation . He is not and never deserves to be

No problem living in USA so I will check school books on US history but you still did not answer my question where is an impartial investigation of 9/11....it is no where....not to speak of school text books, even the grown ups are denied access to the information. And this way we also teach about so many Muslim kings and commanders and our history is much longer than USA since it starts with advent of Islam. And if all those topics are discussed in details, the books will be too thick and children will not have time for any other subject to study. I think this kind of history should be taught at Bachelor and Masters level. But I agree that the flaws in the history should be removed and truth should be taught or say full truth but is there a scope for all details at school level...I really don't think so unless the sole aim of our education system is to produce historians.

I think generally grade 7th to grate 12th , four years is good to learn about history of Pakistan
Because unless a child learns the mistakes of Past , they will not understand the importance of
their decisions for future.

We always argue that children or youth are the future by their own development and knowledge is not complete
I mean they are getting credits in school for their study so the study should be complete and focused not a mishmash

Without knowing history , one makes the same mistakes over generations.

Lol, Arundhati Roy again.
Someone write a book about Arundhati after her death that she was Prostitute & horny for young men then its also OK, as nobody come to defend.
Ironically, Gandhi hate Blacks started movement with them for equality.
In India, He hates Dalits but work with them all his life to uplift them.
Someone say he was phedophile but Gadhi never lived in a bungalow but a simple cottage without door.
Why only Author could see him, nobody else.
First Muslim extremist said he was Hindu communal, then Hindu extremist kill him saying he was Muslim appeaser now left extremist are coming after his death of more than 65 years than he was racist, communal & phedophile.
I am waiting for truth behind the Scene of Arundhati's life after her Death.

Last edited:
On many points I agree with you but it is the same in every country.
Who teaches in schools in USA that federal reserves is a private bank and it is controlled by two families and it controls all the economy?
No discussion why President J. F. Kennedy was killed?
No discussion why WW II was started?
No discussion on who was behind 9/11 and why the buildings fell freely
etc

I mean to say that no govt teaches the whole truth in the schools and they just teach their censored, selective history and it is people's job to find the truth.
Do you think indians are taught the real history?. Why indians are so getting so radicalised that they have selected a murderer as their pm. Why indians cherish so much hate against Pakistan and Muslims? Because they have been taught negative things about Islam and Muslims and especially Pakistan.

I would suggest that you read Indian textbooks before speaking ignorantly. I really can't say about the textbooks now, but back when I was in 9th and 10th, there was absolutely nothing that resembles hatred. It was detailed history of the subcontinent with absolutely 0 bias. Most of the emperors of the Delhi Sultanate and Mughals are glorified as heroes. Same goes for Tipu Sultan. Everything was politically correct to a T!!!

As far as the independence struggle is concerned, I don't remember any bias again. In-fact the only statements were that because they couldn't come go an agreement, the partition happened. Liaqat, Jinnah, Abul etc all shown in positive light. After that, nothing about wars and Kashmir problem etc. History ends with Gandhi's death .. Attributed to a Hindu extremist Godse...

So there, I hope I have cleared your misconceptions. If the textbooks have changed within the last 10 years to reflect any bias, please forgive my ignorance.

The feelings of resentment etc come from external sources like media and word of mouth. The textbooks and CBSE are not guilty of that.

Finally, I don't consider Gandhi to be a Mahatma nor am I an ardent follower.

Last edited:
Lol, Arundhati Roy again.
Someone write a book about Arundhati after her death that she was Prostitute & horny for young men then its also OK, as nobody come to defend.
Ironically, Gandhi hate Blacks started movement with them for equality.
In India, He hates Dalits but work with them all his life to uplift them.
Someone say he was phedophile but Gadhi never lived in a bungalow but a simple cottage without door.
Why only Author could see him, nobody else.
First Muslim extremist said he was Hindu communal, then Hindu extremist kill him saying he was Muslim appeaser now left extremist are coming after his death of more than 65 years than he was racist, communal & phedophile.
I am waiting for truth behind the Scene of Arundhati's life after her Death.

LOL..well put..

meanwhile...

GANDHIJI AND THE STRUGGLE FOR LIBERATION IN SOUTH AFRICA | South African History Online

Mahatma - A biographical site for Mahatma Gandhi the father of India - www.Mahatma.com

I don't think Gandhi would mind anything about this kind of accusation..he'd possibly say,"I'm nothing more than a sinner.But it doesn't have anything to do with my visions"..Pakistanis accuse Indians for calling him "Mahatma"..but they are wrong on a simple account.."No Man is God"..Indians praise only the good part of him.and that part is enormous even for this whole world.Thats why you can see people follow his path around the world.

I think its not good to discuss leaders who participated in independence movement in negative sense who were relatively close to our own leadership.

Gandhi_Jinnah_September_1944.jpg

There were various joint movements and cooperation that happened between Gandhi and our own leadership and in light of such we should not promote negativity

Thru various civil disobedience movement and creating a pressure group with our own leadershipthe British did eventually decided to grant sub continent independence and world war also played a key role in it.

The leadership was of quality that they talked about issues on table difficult issues and maintained their grace and moved forward can the same be said about leadership after these great leaders, these leaders clearly disagreed but accepted the view point of each other as representative of an idealogy

We need to move beyond the negativity.

There was stuff that happened during partition which was not predicted before and tragic (Loss of life and confusion) but still we must main respect for the civil nature of relation between the leadership

Conditions in South Africa were "Terrible" , and its enough that Nelson Mendella went thru alot as prove of the difficult social problems in that country
Why not? If he was a racist the world should know about it. Dont try and brush it under the carpet.

New Book Tears Apart Benevolent Image of Gandhi, Recasts Him as Racist with Hatred for Black Africans
September 9, 2015 | Posted by David Love

Gandhi in South Africa

Gandhi is well known as the inspiration for Dr. Martin Luther King’s nonviolent resistance and direct action. Nelson Mandela even praised him for helping to pave a way for a non-racial South Africa. Not nearly as well known, however, are the statements and sentiments of the Indian leader regarding African people.

According to a new book, The South African Gandhi: Stretcher-Bearer of Empire, Mohandas Karamchand says Gandhi was a racist who harbored a disdain for Africans. The authors, Ashwin Desai, professor in the Department of Sociology at the University of Johannesburg, and Goolem Vahed, associate professor in the History, Society, and Social Change Cluster of the University of KwaZulu-Natal, quote statements from Gandhi to paint a picture of the man in South Africa before his return to India.

Apparently, Gandhi not only expressed racist attitudes towards Africans and classist prejudice towards indentured Indians, but he also supported the British Empire as a loyal servant, and the use of war by the Imperial Army to further its goals, the book argues.

“He served as stretcher-bearer in the war between Brit and Boer, demanded that Indians be allowed to carry fire-arms, and recruited volunteers for the imperial army in both England and India during the First World War,” the authors said.

The South African Gandhi reveals a figure who, between 1893 and 1914, sought inclusion of Indians into South African society and the exclusion of Blacks—a departure from the image of benevolence with which he is portrayed today.

As the Washington Post reported, the book characterizes Gandhi as one who called Black Africans “savage,” and said they lived a life of “indolence and nakedness.” He attempted to prove to the British that Indians in South Africa were superior to Black Africans, who he called the derogatory term, Kaffir.

For example, Gandhi resented that Indians were classified as “Natives” with Black Africans.

“We felt the indignity too much and … petitioned the authorities to do away with the invidious distinction, and they have now provided three separate entrances for natives, Asiatics and Europeans,” he wrote.

While delivering a speech in Bombay, now Mumbai, in 1896, the Indian leader said that Europeans in Natal wanted “to degrade us to the level of the raw kaffir whose occupation is hunting, and whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with, and then, pass his life in indolence and nakedness.”

In 1908, Gandhi expounded on his views while detailing his experience in prison.

“We were marched off to a prison intended for Kaffirs… our garments were stamped with the letter “N”, which meant that we were being classed with the Natives,” he wrote. “We were all prepared for hardships, but not quite for this experience. We could understand not being classed with the whites, but to be placed on the same level with the Natives seemed too much to put up with. I venture to point out that both the English and the Indians spring from a common stock, called the Indo-Aryan,” Gandhi wrote. “A general belief seems to prevail in the Colony that the Indians are little better, if at all, than savages or the Natives of Africa. Even the children are taught to believe in that manner, with the result that the Indian is being dragged down to the position of a raw Kaffir.”

In 1904, he protested the decision by Johannesburg officials to allow Africans to live next to Indians, writing, “Mixing of the Kaffirs with the Indians, I feel most strongly. I think it is very unfair to the Indian population and it is an undue tax on even the proverbial patience of my countrymen.”

Further, the authors offer that Gandhi had only white friends and excluded Blacks from his cooperative farm.

“As we examined Gandhi’s actions and contemporary writings and compared these with what he wrote in his autobiography and ‘Satyagraha in South Africa,’ it was apparent that he indulged in some ‘tidying up.’ He was effectively rewriting his own history,” the authors wrote.

Author Arundhati Roy, who has called Gandhi a defender of India’s caste system and the oppression of women, has endorsed the book, calling it a “serious challenge to the way we have been taught to think about Gandhi” according to Firstpost.

“This is a wonderful demonstration of meticulously researched, evocative, clear-eyed and fearless history-writing. It uncovers a story, some might even call it a scandal, that has remained hidden in plain sight for far too long,’’ she wrote.

Meanwhile, the Times of India reported in April 2015 that in Johannesburg, a statue of Mahatma Gandhi was defaced by a group of people wearing African National Congress regalia, and holding placards reading “Racist Gandhi must fall.”

The South African Gandhi offers evidence of how white supremacy has functioned, even thrived, through the active participation of oppressed dark-skinned people. Such participation precluded the ability of Africans and other people of color to operate as a united front against racial oppression. Gandhi was not immune from this mentality, even as he fought against colonial oppression through tactics that inspired the U.S. civil rights movement.
New Book Tears Apart Benevolent Image of Gandhi, Recasts Him as Racist with Hatred for Black Africans - Atlanta Blackstar
@VelocuR @Shamain @Akheilos @Indus Falcon @war&peace @syedali73 @Donatello @Thorough Pro @Maira La @Malik Abdullah @Whazzup @SarthakGanguly @ni8mare @levina @DESERT FIGHTER @Zarvan @lastofthepatriots

Hmmm conspiracy theories are in blood of Pakistanis you can't do much .. Rest he was the one who help Pakistan during First Kashmir war with those 55 crore rupees .

So , not much respect for him as i was born in Independent India .

Let the Indian and Pakistani Trolls be let lose on this thread :no:

It want happen not much In India care about Gandhi the way Pakistani thinks they do .

Anyone who cared to do their research would have realized this...

I agree that he was no saint and in all fairness he did say in his autobiography that his experiments in truth were for him to overcome his frailties. He displayed all the prejudices of his times and he only realised these short comings later in his life.

This information isn't new at all. It's been documented beforehand and there was a public debate about a statue of Gandhi in South Africa and whether it should be removed or not.

You are saying as if every Indian really cares how Godly he is...It is because of him, what the post indepence India is still paying the price...We have least interest to understand what he was in Africa...You can assume whatever suits to your emotion..
So you believe Godse did a good thing?

Back
Top Bottom