What's new

Need Help with running 1 mile in 7 minutes for ASF

Eat less but not much so that it doesn't malnutrition your body. Drink alot of water. And just run 'cause without practice,you can't do nothing. I can run mile in 5:50 minutes (approx).
And the trick to increase vertical jump is to jump on the balls of your feet, not using the tendons and heels. An exercise to increase jump is tuck jump. Jump as high as you can and pull your legs upto your chest as if you're sitting. And open your legs as you descend. Like this:

Attachments

• Tuck-Jump-2.jpg
    Tuck-Jump-2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 40
Just start with this until you drop weight then start running. Keep going don't listen the internet heroes who can do a 1000 push ups on one arm. The only person you need to challenge is yourself every day.

Attachments

• d75d4e93d53e6000cc2255fa3b709848.jpg
    d75d4e93d53e6000cc2255fa3b709848.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 35
I was 14 and I could not run a mile in 16 mins , and I was round. I became 15 and I could run a mile under 7 and was a square. Now I can run it im 5:45 secs , tip, every night do rwr( run walk run ) , first run them if tired start fast walking , then again run. Find a rhythm. No salan, butter ghee, oil. Eat boiled masala chicken with veggies
So u can run at a constant pace of 17km per hr for 1 mile....wow. thats very very very very good

alright first of all breathe through your nose ,exhale from the mouth . if you breath from the mouth ,it'll get dry and you'll choke on your run . next thing correct your posture .have an upright posture for maximum air supply and wear light shoes (those really help ) . one thing to also increase your stamina is ( RUN WALK RUN ) .run at your maximum pace for 200 meters and as rest for 200 meters .keep on doing RWT for a month and youll see results .hope it helps !

So u can run at a constant pace of 17km per hr for 1 mile....wow. thats very very very very good
I mean with constant practice I was once able to do it in 5:55 , however when my dad was my age in Ramadan in PMA he did his fastest in 4:55 which is my ultimate goal to beat

I mean with constant practice I was once able to do it in 5:55 , however when my dad was my age in Ramadan in PMA he did his fastest in 4:55 which is my ultimate goal to beat
I still do sprints at 22km per hr but for like 45 sec max. Cant do 18km per hour for a mile. No way

Not sure if this is still relevant now, but I'll leave some advice here for you or other members.

Assalamu alaikum.

I want to join ASF (Airports Security force) next year but the problem is that I weigh 111 Kg and I am losing the weight by the grace of Allah so I am confident that I'll be fit to join the next year but the problem is that I can't run a mile in 7 let alone 10 minutes. I'll run out of breath easily and I also can't do push ups. So I need tips from experts on how can I do the above mentioned things which will enable me to join up next year.

Lose weight and get running. It's really not complicated, you should also have confidence in yourself.

This advice is for beginners. Many years ago when I started running, I could barely did a single km, less than one mile. Turns out I was running too fast, had poor form and had undiagnosed excercise related asthma. Now I manage 5k or more without much problems, and 7 minute mile is no problem either.

Here's a simple game plan. To control your weight, start eating less, eat more fruit and leafy green vegetables and salads, have these alongside meals too, maybe a fruit with breakfast while cutting down on total calories, salad with dinner in place of extra carbs etc. Try to count calories and set yourself a max of about ~1800 calories per day (adjust according to weight and height), and drink plenty of water. Vitamin supplements would be good too. This is where you will lose weight, weight isn't lost in exercise, it's lost in controlling eating. Think of this as a lifestyle change and not as a temporary diet. I don't reccomend crash diets like low/zero carb, these give temporary benefits, balanced diets and controlled eating is better.

On to the actual running. Start off running slowly, how fast are you running right now? If it's more than 8 kmh, you're going too fast for a beginner. With your weight and being new to running, you should start off with a jog, 6-8 kmh. Run regularly if you can, if you need rest because of sore muscles, take a rest.

Here's one thing beginners don't know, form is everything in exercise, if you are running while slouching, or your head is leaning forward, or your shoulders, knees and feet are not reasonably aligned, or if you're running too fast etc, you do not have proper form and it will make running more difficult and painful.

Work on creating your form, look for a way of jogging around 6-8 kmh with a natural movement. Keep back fairly straight, keep your head up and not leaned forward, don't take giant strides, take reasonable size steps, don't bounce up and down too much when running, and run slowly.

I recommend you use a training app similar to couch to 5k. Start off running short intervals, then longer distances, then shorter times over said differences. By the time you finish a C25k program, you will probably have enough strength in your legs, better cardio, proper form and the necessary confidence, to go from jogging to running. Then it's simple, run a mile, time yourself, improve.

Assalamu alaikum.

I want to join ASF (Airports Security force) next year but the problem is that I weigh 111 Kg and I am losing the weight by the grace of Allah so I am confident that I'll be fit to join the next year but the problem is that I can't run a mile in 7 let alone 10 minutes. I'll run out of breath easily and I also can't do push ups. So I need tips from experts on how can I do the above mentioned things which will enable me to join up next year.
Jobs aayi hen kiya ASF mai ?
And if you are in Karachi than come to NCC.. I’ll help you and you’ll do it comfortably..

Back
Top Bottom