What's new

Nawaz Sharif demanded removal of Gen. Asif Ghafoor (former DGISPR) for his interrogation of Dawn Leaks

graphican

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Aftab Iqbal, a non-partisan and credible journalist has revealed the Nawaz Sharif asked Gen. Bajwa to remove Gen. Asif Ghafoor, the formal DGISPR after Nawaz agreed to vote his extension in National Assembly.

If the news is true, because of another NRO, Pakistan has suffered and lost a shining star who was performing very well on his position. Watch 16:37 onwards.

Aftab Iqbal, a non-partisan and credible journalist has revealed the Nawaz Sharif asked Gen. Bajwa to remove Gen. Asif Ghafoor, the formal DGISPR after Nawaz agreed to vote his extension in National Assembly.

If the news is true, because of another NRO, Pakistan has suffered and lost a shining star who was performing very well on his position. Watch 16:37 onwards.

Nawaz has lost his sanity.
It's the job of Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor to interrogate treason.

Don't know if this news is true, but if it is, you know which country had severe problem with Gen Asif Ghafoor. Extension was not at all necessary compared to what Pakistan is going through internally because of letting crooks leave the country just for the votes.

But, I want multiple media sources to claim this before forming my opnion.

Don't know if this news is true, but if it is, you know which country had severe problem with Gen Asif Ghafoor. Extension was not at all necessary compared to what Pakistan is going through internally because of letting crooks leave the country just for the votes.

But, I want multiple media sources to claim this before forming my opnion.

We acknowledge under Gen. Asim and Gen. Asif Ghafoor ISPR was taken to levels where Indians feared ISPR more than ISI. They single handily broke Indian propaganda and folded it back on them.

When Gen. Asif was removed, most of us were stunned and questioned why would you remove a shining star? It was like removing Waseem Akram from the squared when he was at the top of his performance. That transfer simply made no sense.

You may say Gen. Asif was needed elsewhere - but really? And what have you replaced him with? How would you justify gap you created on a strategic position when the enemy is using media as their weapon of choice against you?

Can anyone confirm the service length of ISPR position? like posted for how many years?

By the way, Gen. Asif Ghafoor been under skin of Indians only & Nawaz wanted him to be removed? Gen. Asif Ghafoor was transferred per completion of tenure as ISPR.

Can anyone confirm the service length of ISPR position? like posted for how many years?

According to Wiki, term seems not limited to 3 years, some have served few months above 3 years or even 4 as well.

By the way, Gen. Asif Ghafoor been under skin of Indians only & Nawaz wanted him to be removed? Gen. Asif Ghafoor was transferred per completion of tenure as ISPR.

Well no denying in that.

Just to amuse brothers here, I came across another conspiracy theory that Indians were so pissed that they wanted to take him out either by Terror attack or using a strike when he was about to visit Multan or Bahawalpur Corps :lol:

To conclude, I do not believe this Removal theory but again, it was Asif Ghafoor's own words;

" Institutions are more important than People & Country is important than an Institution "

A small price to pay IF it is true.

According to Wiki, term seems not limited to 3 years, some have served few months above 3 years or even 4 as well.

It was a routine transfer come after promotion and I see only Indian trolls tried to exploit it to their best & now Aftab says about Nawaz as well. I am sure that people are aware about the post given to the relevant rank only and upon promotions; officials are transferred accordingly. Sigh.

It was a routine transfer come after promotion and I see only Indian trolls tried to exploit it to their best & now Aftab says about Nawaz as well. I am sure that people are aware about the post given to the relevant rank only and upon promotions; officials are transferred accordingly. Sigh.

@The Eagle,

It is not a matter of routine vs out of the routine transfer. Pakistan has lost a key soldier who was serving well. Is that a fact? Do we not know how quiet ISPR has gone since? While Pakistan's enemy is using all means possible to harm it - a previously performing institute is sitting with its guns cold.

Now the even more hurting part is that the act is done to satisfy a declared corrupt. When you take favours - you have to return them at the cost of someone and here it came at the cost of Pakistan. It is heartbreaking to say the least.

I hope its not true. for if it is, we are all really screwed. I wish tat isnt the case, else we have no idea where this leads to and its implications.... damn tat way all are compromised, if tats the case. Not at all a good sign. but i dont think so army at this point of time would have done such a cheap act, as they know wat are the implications of it. so i doubt it.

Aftab Iqbal is overall credible guy but at times, yeh bhee dots milata hai and later it turns out to be his assessment of the situation or tat he heard from some guy in some gathering of so called informed peeps (bhetaks / party) in some elite circles... i hope u get the idea kon si wali. ;)

But for the time being, i dont think so its true unless some other credible source seconds it. and plz tat source is not be Mir Jaffer:cheesy:

Well no denying in that.

Just to amuse brothers here, I came across another conspiracy theory that Indians were so pissed that they wanted to take him out either by Terror attack or using a strike when he was about to visit Multan or Bahawalpur Corps :lol:

To conclude, I do not believe this Removal theory but again, it was Asif Ghafoor's own words;

" Institutions are more important than People & Country is important than an Institution "

A small price to pay IF it is true.
I think it was also important for his own growth within the army that he should be transferred. He is posted in Okara on an important position

We acknowledge under Gen. Asim and Gen. Asif Ghafoor ISPR was taken to levels where Indians feared ISPR more than ISI. They single handily broke Indian propaganda and folded it back on them.

When Gen. Asif was removed, most of us were stunned and questioned why would you remove a shining star? It was like removing Waseem Akram from the squared when he was at the top of his performance. That transfer simply made no sense.

You may say Gen. Asif was needed elsewhere - but really? And what have you replaced him with? How would you justify gap you created on a strategic position when the enemy is using media as their weapon of choice against you?
In my view Gen. Ghafoor was removed because while he was great at trolling Indians, he was becoming a bit of a liability with all the fights he was picking, with some Pakistanis as well.

The DG ISPR is not supposed to be the equivalent of a PDF member trolling Indians, lifafa's and the 'resistance cake eaters' - he was expected to stay above the fray and remain professional. He did a great job countering Indian State propaganda and promoting Pakistan's version of events post-Balakot, but he should have stuck with being professional, issuing official clarifications on certain issues in an impartial & prompt manner and avoided directly engaging with trolls like Gaurav Arya and others.

@The Eagle,

It is not a matter of routine vs out of the routine transfer. Pakistan has lost a key soldier who was serving well. Is that a fact? Do we not know how quiet ISPR has gone since? While Pakistan's enemy is using all means possible to harm it - a previously performing institute is sitting with its guns cold.

Now the even more hurting part is that the act is done to satisfy a declared corrupt. When you take favours - you have to return them at the cost of someone and here it came at the cost of Pakistan. It is heartbreaking to say the least.

Calm down. Institution matters and not an individual. Gen. Asif Ghafoor wasn't there for whole life. How come someone believe into a absconder like Nawaz at this moment. These transfers are part of service life though one can exploit the moment for his/her own reporting game. This is exactly the matter of SOP. Ex DG ISPR has done his work what it should be.

Someone feeding him wrong information and once again target is Bajwa. I think our high command and patriot societies have finally realised that, its time for -3.

Back
Top Bottom