What's new

“Navy Model” to Save Indian Air force?

The_Sidewinder

Reaction score
Country
India
Government of India is all set to review.defence procurement procedure for the Indian armed forces. Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar already has asked Armed
forces to exercise financial prudence and the services should optimise all available resources.
Government and Indian air force are working on a long-term integrated perspective plan
which “ought to encompass 25 years which.includes more Indigenisation and also select
more private players to create Competitive.enviroment in Indian Aerospace Business.
Dubbed as ” Navy Model ” Which allowed Indian Navy succeed in Indigenisation of.many weapons systems where Indian navy
worked with Defence PSU’s not only as.Customer but also as a Developer allowed India Navy use its smaller budget which
resulted into better utilisation of resources.to expand its fleet .
Emulation of Navy Model will mean Indian air.force needs to become less Import friendly
force and more Indigenisation friendly. IAF.will also need to be more involved with.Defence manufacturers.

“Navy Model” to Save Indian Air force? | idrw.org

Government of India is all set to review.defence procurement procedure for the Indian armed forces. Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar already has asked Armed
forces to exercise financial prudence and the services should optimise all available resources.
Government and Indian air force are working on a long-term integrated perspective plan
which “ought to encompass 25 years which.includes more Indigenisation and also select
more private players to create Competitive.enviroment in Indian Aerospace Business.
Dubbed as ” Navy Model ” Which allowed Indian Navy succeed in Indigenisation of.many weapons systems where Indian navy
worked with Defence PSU’s not only as.Customer but also as a Developer allowed India Navy use its smaller budget which
resulted into better utilisation of resources.to expand its fleet .
Emulation of Navy Model will mean Indian air.force needs to become less Import friendly
force and more Indigenisation friendly. IAF.will also need to be more involved with.Defence manufacturers.

“Navy Model” to Save Indian Air force? | idrw.org
i doubt air force will learn
they are accustomed to foreign maal it will take a decade to change their mindset

they are accustomed to foreign maal it will take a decade to change their mindset

Lets hope NaMo & DM can bring some sense into them by giving some tough love.

Lets hope NaMo & DM can bring some sense into them by giving some tough love.

I dont think our AF has the same capability as the Navy to plan 25 yrs ahead. History has shown they are either quite stupid or quite corrupt. Anyway, I hope for the best. In order to ensure that the vision planned for the next 25 yrs ahead is accurate, creative, capable and taking into account what our enemies are focused on..... the Navy should be roped in to help consult.

From I remember, AF brass was going to Defence expos looking at brochures to plan their future needs. That's mean no creativitiy and lack of coordination with our own reseearch agencies is an issue. We may not be a 1st world, but we need to plan the steps needed in order to reach parity or the very least take a cue from China and invest/develop asymmetrical warfare tech.

I have been saying this on the forum for years now, IAF and IA needs to take ownership of it's projects, just like what the Navy does.

Till now your cry has been falling to deaf ears it seems. I hope MoD will change things for better.

Back
Top Bottom