What's new

Naval and Military developments in Turkey’s neighborhood

Wow I never knew to be honest. I thought it was more of a Frigate.

look at the displacement of the vessels. There is a huge one between the i-class frigates and the upcoming TF-2000.

Wow I never knew to be honest. I thought it was more of a Frigate.
You can look it up - it is too well-armed and too big for a frigate my friend ...I also often vomited that we have no destroyers - and unfortunately no rocket-destroyer (cruise missiles) - that can lay a whole coast in ruins.
But the TF 2000 will be a destroyer and probably not the last one - thank god

My modern naval knowledge stuff is bad to be honest.

I tend to prefer the old stuff like battleships and ww1-ww2 submarines.

Crazy how naval warfare has evolved. I cant wait to see the TF2000 Destroyer!!

My modern naval knowledge stuff is bad to be honest.

I tend to prefer the old stuff like battleships and ww1-ww2 submarines.

Crazy how naval warfare has evolved. I cant wait to see the TF2000 Destroyer!!
The TF 2000 will get equipped with Gezgin I cruise missiles for SS ops. - the range around 300km, WH about 1,5T :) - recently I talked about the need for SSB and later SSBNs - that would make Turkey to the only power in the eastern Mediterranian...

like this

Algeria, second Mediterranean country with the ability to attack land from a submarine
The Algerian Navy takes a qualitative leap with the launch of missiles
misil-516x315.jpg

Launch of the missile from the Algerian submarine
Stephen Villarejohe Oct 02, 2019

The Algerian Navy has made a qualitative leap in its deterrence capacity, positioning itself as the only country in the Mediterranean, along with Israel, with the ability to launch ground-attack missiles from submarines, specifically its two new class 636 submersibles ( modernized version of the Russian Kilo).

Right now, Algeria has six submarines:

• Four from class 636 (variant of the Russian Kilo): two were delivered to Algeria from the Russian shipyards of Saint Petersburg in 2010; and another two in January of this year (from these the missiles were launched).
  • Two other 877EKM submarines, also of the older Kilo class, and delivered in 1987 and 1988, though later modernized in 1993 and 1996.
In addition, the Algerian Navy plans to acquire two other 636 class submarines.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom