Egyptian recent and future naval acquisitions

-2 Mistral
-7 Fremm
-6 Meko A200
-4 Gowind
-4 Ambassador MKIII
-20 OPVs
-4 Type 209 submarines

7 Turkish Missiles will be enough to counter Egyptian Navy in the Eastern Mediterranean

-- 280km SOM-C air launched network enabled Anti Ship Missile
-- 220+km ATMACA Anti Ship Missile including Coastal Defense variant
-- 800km GEZGIN land attack Cruise Missile
-- RAMJET powered supersonic Anti Ship Missile
-- Anti Ship Ballistic Missile ... based on BORA Ballistic Missile
-- AKBABA Anti Radiation Missile
-- 110km KUZGUN joint strike ammunition with IIR seeker for saturation attack

and upcomming superior Turkish Navy

-- TCG ANADOLU Amphibious Assault Ship
-- TCG UFUK Electronic Warfare Ship
-- 2 BAYRAKTAR class LST
-- 7 TF-2000 class Destroyers
-- 4 ISTIF class Frigates
-- 4 modernized MEKO-200 class Frigates
-- 4 ADA class Corvettes
-- 10 New Type FACs
-- 9 KILIC class FACs
-- 16 TUZLA class OPV
-- 8 Type-209 class Submarines
-- 6 Type-214 class Submarines

-- 12 Anti Submarine Warfare Aircrafts ( 6 CN-235 and 6 ATR-72 ) ... Egyptian Navy doesnt have ASW Aicraft
-- Bayraktar TB-2 , ANKA-S , AKSUNGUR and AKINCI UAV-UCAVs for Turkish Navy

Greece needs these direly, but can they finance them? They should start their own "milgem" project and who knows - maybe in 10 years or so they will have solved the navy part of their army.

Greece needs these direly, but can they finance them? They should start their own "milgem" project and who knows - maybe in 10 years or so they will have solved the navy part of their army.
Küresel Savasci said something about Greece having 240ish navy vessels including coast guard. While Turkey has somewhere around 110, correct me if I am wrong though

Küresel Savasci said something about Greece having 240ish navy vessels including coast guard. While Turkey has somewhere around 110, correct me if I am wrong though
Such a reliable source indeed,
Just for sake of looking like an expert he included rhib of HN + Greek CG and excluded auxillary class of TN and didnt even bother to count Turkish CG boats/vessels to end up with those numbers.

Such a reliable source indeed,
Just for sake of looking like an expert he included rhib of HN + Greek CG and excluded auxillary class of TN and didnt even bother to count Turkish CG boats/vessels to end up with those numbers.
Well you can hardly fault him for my bad memory. :)

Will the Turkish navy ever invest in Destroyers??? I never got a proper answer to it.

Back
Top Bottom