What's new

Nauman Ali & Nauman Akram Went Hunting Together For Five Hours

Walikum Asalam,
Nice of you to join us here, we all are indeed proud of W/C Nauman Akram (Shaheed) and also very sad of his departure. I was lucky to have spoken to him albeit inadvertently, a couple of times. We indeed lost a true gem. A young member of my family while visiting Pakistan last year, paid personal tribute to the Shaheed where his aircraft came down. Hope some day you can share with us your fond memories of your dear brother.

View attachment 762299
A lot could be said about him. I gave few interviews but here I wrote few words on his 1st Shahadat anniversary.

Assalamoallaikum,

Salman Akram here, bro of Wg Cdr Nauman Akram Shaheed. Someone shared with me this link so I thought it appropriate to comment on the concern about 5 hrs flight…Yes he said it was around 4-5 hrs, not because of any incentive but the official intent was to prolong it as much as possible (cant share reasons). Of course I dont know the technical details but I am sure the guy who said it, knew that n did it. :)

thanks for the kind words! Whole family is proud of bhai. Alhamdulillah he got highest ranks in the hereafter and extreme honor in this world too.
Walikom Assalam and welcome aboard ..... not only your family but the whole nation is proud of Wg Cdr Nauman Akram Shaheed... A hero and brave son of the soil... Allah Pak unkay darjat buland farmaye... Ameen!

BTW this was a celebratory pic taken right after the shot.
They went to Exercise Red Flag (Nevada) together. Did the CCS together too.

Attachments

• CE9DC688-E478-4C7C-8A70-CD45E52CF62F.jpeg
    CE9DC688-E478-4C7C-8A70-CD45E52CF62F.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 102
  • A8FF749B-2205-4956-A8CA-75CC81D97B29.jpeg
    A8FF749B-2205-4956-A8CA-75CC81D97B29.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 1E64A85C-3B2C-488A-911E-040FECBDD868.jpeg
    1E64A85C-3B2C-488A-911E-040FECBDD868.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
F-16's internal fuel capacity is 7000 lb, two wings and one centerline makes it 14000. The minimum fuel consumption on CAPS or endurance mission varies between 3500-4500 lb per hour. So max flying time is 3 to 3.5 hours with reserves and IFR. 5 hours will only make sense if you count in taxi and debrief

You need to add CFT's with 450USG / 3,000lbs each.

Assalamoallaikum,

Salman Akram here, bro of Wg Cdr Nauman Akram Shaheed. Someone shared with me this link so I thought it appropriate to comment on the concern about 5 hrs flight…Yes he said it was around 4-5 hrs, not because of any incentive but the official intent was to prolong it as much as possible (cant share reasons). Of course I dont know the technical details but I am sure the guy who said it, knew that n did it. :)

thanks for the kind words! Whole family is proud of bhai. Alhamdulillah he got highest ranks in the hereafter and extreme honor in this world too.

W Salam,

Do not have any words to gather my love & respect for your family & especially Sir Nauman Akram except We as a Nation are in debt to you.
An honour listening from you & having you on board sir.

Assalamoallaikum,

W. Salam,

Welcome to the Forum. It is a honour to have a family member of a shaheed. Nauman Akram lives in our heart. This world is not forever and mortal for every living thing but the way Nauman and other Martyrs departs; is just a dream come true and a wish for honourable departing to afterlife. Our thoughts & prayers for him and all the family members. Personally speaking, a salute to the mother for raising such a brave son for motherland. May ALLAH Pak grant him highest place in Jannat. We wouldn't mourn as they are martyrs and lives forever but only we don't see them.

Regards,

Let's put it this way that it's no secret that Nauman Ali is a qualified Block-52 Pilot.

View attachment 762425
Former Air Chief as well did a check-out on the platform a few years back.
Assalamoallaikum,

Walaikum salaam sir,

From a PAF family and overseas, extending you a warm welcome to the forum. It is unfortunate that his fate was written to leave the world early in the form of an aircraft crash, but being in aviation and having had the pleasure of working on the F-16 for some time, it is said that most fighter pilots would rather pick that way than anything else in comparison. Respect and prayers for you, your family and loved ones.

4-5 hours is possible with hot-pit refueling and in 2 sorties back to back. Has been done numerous times.

Regards

What I can tell you from his squadron mates(which I am sure you know already) is that they all wept as if their actual brother had died - what I heard one refused to accept it and kept standing outside waiting for his jet to return.

I will echo these sentiments. I heard and using the exact words 'that they wept like children' when the news of the crash came in. Nauman was indeed an exceptional talent, one of the 0.000001%. He was the true Asset, not the F16.

Suna hai koi Bhuj: pride of India bhi movie aarihi hai … aur devgan bhi hai uss mein aur disney produce bhi kar raha hai.. bada maja aya ga jab bharati viman koi 200 Sabre girayin ge aur bhaktoray khusi ke maray apni sookhi si tangon walay patiala pajamay geelay kar jayien ge.
I saw the trailer and since then washing my eyes over and over again. I have seen crap coming from India but that was some next level crap. That was so crap that many Indians are shocked. You can imagine how crap that would have to be to shock Indians.

I saw the trailer and since then washing my eyes over and over again. I have seen crap coming from India but that was some next level crap. That was so crap that many Indians are shocked. You can imagine how crap that would have to be to shock Indians.
I will echo these sentiments. I heard and using the exact words 'that they wept like children' when the news of the crash came in. Nauman was indeed an exceptional talent, one of the 0.000001%. He was the true Asset, not the F16.
agreed. The respect and love he got was not just coz of Shahadat, its something he earned it throughout his life and glorious career. Apart from the PAF, the outpouring of emotions from all over the world from strangers is just unbelievable. For weeks I couldnt even grasp the ‘reality’ coz of what we were hearing from thousands of people. He was a true hero who lived a great life and had the best of the endings. May Allah help us continue his legacy.

COAS said I was told by Air Chief that sir we are giving you the best pilot we have Air Chief in a meeting late last yr said “the love and respect he got from all over the world was unmatched, I even got condolences from many Air Chiefs..”

Base Cdr Mushaf said we wanted to make sure his pic stands out in the martyrs of Mushaf base. Right in front of the main entrance...

MashaAllah.

Attachments

• D1796BD8-8626-4D99-874E-6337BC6BCD21.jpeg
    D1796BD8-8626-4D99-874E-6337BC6BCD21.jpeg
    451.1 KB · Views: 86

Back
Top Bottom