What's new

NASA’s Warp Drive Project

noname1

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jRn4WpoNAyo

NASA’s Warp Drive Project: “Speeds” that Could Take a Spacecraft to Alpha Centauri in Two Weeks — Even Though the System is 4.3 Light-Years Away.

A few months ago, physicist Harold White stunned the aeronautics world when he announced that he and his team at NASA had begun work on the development of a faster-than-light warp drive.

His proposed design, an ingenious re-imagining of an Alcubierre Drive, may eventually result in an engine that can transport a spacecraft to the nearest star in a matter of weeks — and all without violating Einstein’s law of relativity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jRn4WpoNAyo

NASA’s Warp Drive Project: “Speeds” that Could Take a Spacecraft to Alpha Centauri in Two Weeks — Even Though the System is 4.3 Light-Years Away.

A few months ago, physicist Harold White stunned the aeronautics world when he announced that he and his team at NASA had begun work on the development of a faster-than-light warp drive.

His proposed design, an ingenious re-imagining of an Alcubierre Drive, may eventually result in an engine that can transport a spacecraft to the nearest star in a matter of weeks — and all without violating Einstein’s law of relativity.

Call me when its ready... I have heard such claims several times from USA.

Do you remember this guy?

RonaldMallett.jpg

Another Strategic Defense Initiative "Star wars"? This time nobody believe it.

I am monitoring the progress on FTL tech and the work of Dr Harold White, despite of his secrecy on how his warp-field interferometer will detect little warps in space-time without negative energy to form a bubble, I think this is a right step towards the progress of science.Also NASA wouldnt give the Eagleworks laboratory -in which moon rockets designed- to a scientist with nothing promising to offer.

I hope he succeeds. Life is quite boring. Humanity should have expanded to other planets by now.

If it's possible, and that's a big if, it would be over 1 trillion times as difficult as the fusion nuclear power project, which is still not achieved to this day. Anything that has positive mass cannot reach light speed. Having 0 mass reaches light speed. As per calculation, only things that have negative mass can surpass light speed and go back in time. And we all know which country invented positive and negative numbers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions

I hope he succeeds. Life is quite boring. Humanity should have expanded to other planets by now.

Yeah. I always wish I could be born in the future. I am depressed that I cannot see the era human race step into deep space.

If it's possible, and that's a big if, it would be over 1 trillion times as difficult as the fusion nuclear power project, which is still not achieved to this day. Anything that has positive mass cannot reach light speed. Having 0 mass reaches light speed. As per calculation, only things that have negative mass can surpass light speed and go back in time. And we all know which country invented positive and negative numbers. List of Chinese inventions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and by the way the mass of object increases as a body achieves light speed , the equation is governed by mass=mass(rest)/sqrt(1-(v^2/c^2)) where c is the speed of light. so as the velocity of an object tends to c the mass tends to
infinity. :yay:

and by the way the mass of object increases as a body achieves light speed , the equation is governed by mass=mass(rest)/sqrt(1-(v^2/c^2)) where c is the speed of light. so as the velocity of an object tends to c the mass tends to
infinity. :yay:

True, but only objects which starts out having mass 0 can achieve light speed. They are never accelerated to light speed. They are always light speed because of having 0 mass.

True, but only objects which starts out having mass 0 can achieve light speed. They are never accelerated to light speed. They are always light speed because of having 0 mass.
of course, a body which is accelerated to light speed and have a non zero mass will collapse under it's own gravity and this is the reason particles with mass more than Planck's constant are difficult to produce.
but time travel can be achieved without going light speed by the method of time dilation. and the warp drive is nothing but a tunnel to two places.

and the warp drive is nothing but a tunnel to two places.

How? That's a wormhole, warp drive would contract space in front of the ship and expand it at the back. How does that make a tunnel?

Back
Top Bottom