What's new

Mysterious Pakistani Submarine .

Jut a drone sub to patrol the seas, too secret for anyone to know about it.

SSBN? SSGN?
Replacement for these:

020499F4-7F61-4852-A6ED-D3CAE81E6F5C.jpeg
7AAA6195-18EA-4CC5-8780-A7DFF233D8B5.jpeg
7A9D9747-DA7D-4287-A984-22656DF0892A.jpeg

http://www.karachishipyard.com.pk/midget-submarines/

It could be a technology demonstrator to learn submarine design, production, etc. The final design and serviceable system could be very different, though it might come 5+ years down the line.

STM design looks different than the one posted above:
08D09C96-7401-411F-95EA-411CF8359247.jpeg

Turkish MILDEN:
5B89415B-3A53-4AEA-B821-2D850880947D.jpeg

Jut a drone sub to patrol the seas, too secret for anyone to know about it.
This is for SSGN infil/extraction, mine laying etc not for spying.

It’s a Special Ops boat. It explains why
1) It’s a black project. Unacknowledged.
2) It spends most of its time in port. It would normally go out only on a specific operation.

The guys saying SSBN or drone or (like some Indians) a suicide boat are cray cray.
We have had ships like this for going on half a century. SSG(N) uses them regularly.
Hell there have been reports of a Pakistani special op missions all over.

Important thing could be that it is not the Drass Type Submarine(Although it has been mentioned that Pakistan bought 2 Midget Submarines from Italy)
This highlights the scope that they probably used them for study purposes & since this submarine(PNS Iqbal) is not one of the type of earlier purchased & Turkish collab & all, they must now have a good understanding in it.
Another thing important to realize is I'm pretty sure that there is a reason with the Turkish collaboration.
We are bound to get help for our share of 4 S20 submarines from China which enhances our expertise.
So, it might result in having some type of Improved design "MILDEN" submarines in the future for either heavy displacement manned purpose or UAV type Drone Submarine Purpose(choosing one of them is very hard to know now). Also gives me a shimmer of hope that we just might play an act in TF-4000 Destroyers as well.
Regardless of anything, the important thing is knowledge and efficiency in this art. If they have achieved this skill, that alone can serve a very long purpose for the future

Looks they were doing some work after all. I hope they expand the project into a shallow-water attack submarine program, and not stop at solely a SOF insertion platform.

That said, what if you develop an enlarged version of this design and load it with heavyweight torpedoes and ASCM, but make it unmanned/autonomous. Basically @Armchair's idea of sending a swarm of these things towards India's naval assets.

This submarine made my day! This is a beginning there is a lot of hope that progress can be made!

One aspect of PN engineering we have seen that is most positive is that they are not only looking to copy designs but improve upon them. Case in point the 4th Azmat. The structural changes they made are impressive from an engineering POV. The Chinese boats should have come with a streamlined bridge but the bulging from the sides was not only unseemly but not conducive to stealth.

Obviously there was a structural reason why the Chinese couldn't streamline it. PN took the time to solve this problem. This iterative process shows that PN has the attitude to do new things in new ways. I really hope PN keeps building bigger and badder submarines in the future and I my guess is this is what will happen. @Bilal Khan (Quwa) is right, we will see the fruits of this submarine 5-10 years from now as PN iteratively improves on itself.

Replacement for these:

View attachment 623988 View attachment 623989 View attachment 623990

http://www.karachishipyard.com.pk/midget-submarines/

STM design looks different than the one posted above:
View attachment 623992

Turkish MILDEN:
View attachment 623991

This is for SSGN infil/extraction, mine laying etc not for spying.
MILDEN is not a midget submarine, and it is in the desinging phase right now. But you're right, STM has an AIP midget submarine design called TS1700

Turkish defence vendor STM showcases MILDEN submarine proposal
TS 1700 Denizaltı | DefenceTurk
STM: TS1700 submarine - WAFF - World Armed Forces Forum.

MILDEN is not a midget submarine, and it is in the desinging phase right now. But you're right, STM has an AIP midget submarine design called TS1700

Turkish defence vendor STM showcases MILDEN submarine proposal
TS 1700 Denizaltı | DefenceTurk
STM: TS1700 submarine - WAFF - World Armed Forces Forum.
Yes thats what I meant, STM had proposed a midget sub.

It looks like a miniature submersible at least. I don't think it's a serviceable platform though (or as Sutton said, purely for SOF insertion).

But I do think we could see a long-term effort towards this technology, so a true SWAT boat could come 5-10 years down the line.
Also gives me hope that the nuclear sub project might be alive too.

Yes thats what I meant, STM had proposed a midget sub.
Actually I would love to see a Pakistani design based on the TS1700. It it exactly what both of our nations need, have you took a look at its specs? It is really impressive. For example, Turkey can use 3-4 of them in the Aegean Sea to use the more advanced subs like the MILDEN and the Type 214TN in the E.Mediterranean.

Secret is out bro. Any tid bids? Our design?

Actually I would love to see a Pakistani design based on the TS1700. It it exactly what both of our nations need, have you took a look at its specs? It is really impressive. For example, Turkey can use 3-4 of them in the Aegean Sea to use the more advanced subs like the MILDEN and the Type 214TN in the E.Mediterranean.
I want a Pakistani designed submarine. It builds our industry, provides us jobs and infrastructure.

That said a joint venture and JV on sub systems is always welcome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom