What's new

Mysterious buyer of JF-17 THUNDER BLOCK 2

this called humour
want to know what is the status of last year nigeria bought JF-17 ?
they didn't buy it. they finalized the requirement for 25-40 Thunders.
They are in negotiations to buy it as of now.

Why are we buying from China? Why not build them all in Pakistan? Was it some agreement that certain percentage has to be bought from China?

Even if we do but from China at cost, we ignore the fact that we're losing jobs in the end.
no one is buying from china....

Totally agreed Sir and i would love to go for that if i am at driving seat. PAF was cautious enough to go step by step. One of the main objectives of Thunder program was to kick start the local aviation industry which has so far not been accomplished to much of the extent and we do need help from local manufacturers if any in field of aviation. Even LCA was not totally made in India and there were lots of components etc that were foreign made. In K-8 our share was suppose to be 25% and in JF-17 the same very share has increased (i am just referring to increase in capabilities). And i hope in future we keep on grabbing more and more share as we are doing in field of Avionics. But come what may the situation be we really can not keep China out of our such programs. China would continue to be a major partner in this field.

Hi,

My apologies---first of all---please allow me to welcome you to the board----.

I think that the production of the JF 17 may go further than the 250 numbers----. It will purely depend on the potency of the blk 3 aircraft----.

Possibly the blks 1 and blks 2 may be re-furbished and sold at lesser price to friendly countries and the minimum threshold level of production of new aircraft would be the blk 3 and above----.

I believe that 250 aircraft Jf 17 is a lower number----. Paf would be better served with at least 350 of them in BLK 2 and 3 categories.

For me 550 is the magic number of aircraft in paf's service----I mean to say fighter and strike aircraft.

Last edited:
this called humour
want to know what is the status of last year nigeria bought JF-17 ?
Go and get FOC for your late coming aircarft LCA.
Even iaf not satisfied with the crap called lca.

Why is everyone here against us selling jet to Myanmar?
US public has a very negative view of Pakistan but still they sell us weapons. Money has no race, religion or ideology and BTW the same rohingya will fight against you if got paid like gurkhas and Ansf

@Dazzler
:what: Why the hell I got negative rating for?? Wasnt even trolling. Nor I gave an offensive remark. :coffee: Atleast should have warned me if you were offended. Anyways, congratulation on your export order.

No bhai sab .....update ur info ....the PAC decade old updated site can provide the info

ji, just double checked..

Mashak was built using Kits.. then we made some ourselves (except the engine). Super Mashaq was modified and completely built (except of course, the engine..) by pakistan

I am 100% sure about the mashaq kits (u can also search, its there) cause I was in PAF Academy risalpur (2001) and praising my country at the base when the technician working on the plane at that moment told me this one's made from a kit, we didnt make it, just assembled it, like the suzuki cars..

A military version designated originally Saab-MFI 17 was flown on 6 July 1972 and differed from the Safari by being equipped more specifically for use as a military trainer, or for artillery observation or forward air control and liaison.; this version was later named Saab Supporter.[1] In August 1978 Saab flew a prototype version of the Safari with a 157kW Continental flat-six turbocharged engine; designated Safari TS, it did not enter production. A trainer based on the Safari's design was built in kit form for assembly in Pakistan as the Mushshak, with 92 aircraft delivered to the Pakistani air force. A later batch of 120 aircraft was built entirely in Pakistan.[2]

Saab Safari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yes sir, u r right. double checked and corrected myself...

Hi,

My apologies---first of all---please allow me to welcome you to the board----.

I think that the production of the JF 17 may go further than the 250 numbers----. It will purely depend on the potency of the blk 3 aircraft----.

Possibly the blks 1 and blks 2 may be re-furbished and sold at lesser price to friendly countries and the minimum threshold level of production of new aircraft would be the blk 3 and above----.

I believe that 250 aircraft Jf 17 is a lower number----. Paf would be better served with at least 350 of them in BLK 2 and 3 categories.

For me 550 is the magic number of aircraft in paf's service----I mean to say fighter and strike aircraft.

We both know the magic number is either 610 or 987.

45Vtm4i.jpg

Back
Top Bottom