What's new

Myanmar moves army to Bangladesh border

Nothing man...the whole report of Myanmar mobilizing their troops has been a hoax, sheer propaganda.

not hoax but they probably mobilized troops before the verdict on see boundary . so nothing seems serious to me . but the media makes its a big issue

not hoax but they probably mobilized troops before the verdict on see boundary . so nothing seems serious to me . but the media makes its a big issue

It only came in the Daily Sun and Independent .....

2000 troops isnt that much to be honest.

yesterday's newspaper saying that more troop are gathering. The troops are gathering behind border guard of Myanmar. I think they really mean business. Bangladesh should be concerned.

If war happens, it will bring well no choice but to respond. Myanmar navy also moving.

yesterday's newspaper saying that more troop are gathering. The troops are gathering behind border guard of Myanmar. I think they really mean business. Bangladesh should be concerned.

If war happens, it will bring well no choice but to respond. Myanmar navy also moving.

more target practice for our tigers :sniper:

We just need the green signal from the US, China and India (all having stakes in Myanmar) to blow them back to the stone age. Their little malnourished troops may be good in jungle warfare, but not if we set the jungles on fire. :lol:

Bangladesh would be at risk if Myanmar generals want to change their people's attention from democratic move. In last decade, Myanmar army has got enough power to destroy Bangkok in a couple of hours. You may not be aware Burma tried to invade Thailand around 2000. Moreover, China will be on the side of Burma in that case as Chinese want a direct access to Bay of Bengal by using this opportunity.

Steve Bangladesh is one of main customers of chinese weapon... China will never support a war against Bangladesh. At best They will prevent them from attacking Bangladesh.

Bangladesh would be at risk if Myanmar generals want to change their people's attention from democratic move. In last decade, Myanmar army has got enough power to destroy Bangkok in a couple of hours. You may not be aware Burma tried to invade Thailand around 2000. Moreover, China will be on the side of Burma in that case as Chinese want a direct access to Bay of Bengal by using this opportunity.

Thailand air force will send Burmese to stone age in a matter of 24 hours. What were yo thinking??

I feel BD friends are pretty much got boared because they are not getting a chance to fight any war with any one...Even sometimes...If some one has no real enemey...then they should understand from BD..that how to create an enemey....

Rumors of Burmese Troop Buildup After Maritime Verdict

Dhaka: There are rumors spreading along the border that Burma has built up its troops along the border, particularly in northern Maungdaw and Buthidaung Townships after the maritime verdict announced by the ITLOS, says a border reporter of Narinjara.

He said that the downtown area of Maungdaw is normal, but most of the border areas close to Bangladesh are experiencing tension because authorities have reportedly beefed up security with more troops along the border.

"As far as I know some additional troops on the Burmese side have been deployed at some border areas, including Taungbro, and Kyin Chaung in Maungdaw Township, and some villages in northern Buthidaung Township after the maritime dispute verdict announced by ITLOS, but I do no know the number of troops in the area," he said.

The International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) delivered its judgment on Wednesday in favor of Bangladesh in the maritime dispute between Burma and Bangladesh. Afterwards, troops were reportedly deployed along the border.

An official from Buthidaung said that he heard the Burmese army has commandeered five ferry ships in Buthidaung to bring troops from Sittwe to the border area, and the ships are now in standby position. However, he could not confirm when the troops would be brought to the border.

A local resident in Maungdaw, the border town of Burma close to Bangladesh said, "There are many rumors in Maungdaw that Burmese troops are being deployed along the border but no one has seen the troops. I do not know exactly what happens on the border."

Some Bangladesh newspapers and television channels also reported in the last few days that Burma has mobilized a huge number of troops along the border with Bangladesh, but Bangladesh authorities have denied such reports, calling them propaganda.

A high-level team of Border Guard Bangladesh visited the Burmese border on Thursday after the reports came out.

"We could not find any evidence of military build-up along the borders during our visit," said Lt. Colonel Khalequzzaman, Commander of 17-BGB Battalion in Cox's Bazar, after concluding their visit around 5:00 pm.

Burmese authorities on Thursday reported on the verdict of the ITLOS in the maritime dispute on its state-run MRTV channel, calling it a fair and just verdict and stating their acceptance of the verdict.

Narinjara News Online 24 X 7

"rumors spreading along the border" - wonder who is spreading these rumors?

and "The International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) delivered its judgment on Wednesday in favor of Bangladesh", is it really??

Looks like someone trying to use the occasion to do something else.

There are people in this world who does not want to see a blossoming relationship between these two neighbors. It is only natural that they will take advantage of sensitive times to hurt the relationship.

Back
Top Bottom