What's new

Myanmar looks to acquire JF-17 aircraft: Janes

farhan_9909

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The government of Myanmar is planning to procure the Chengdu Aerospace Corporation (CAC)/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) JF-17 Thunder multirole combat aircraft, according to a local report.

The programme will feature Myanmar's licenced-production of the aircraft following technology transfer from CAC-PAC, reported the Yangon-based Burma Times on 15 June. The report stated that the aircraft is required to expand the capabilities of the Myanmar Air Force (MAF), although it did not elaborate.

The Myanmar government has not confirmed the report, although it has previously indicated a requirement for additional air combat platforms partly in light of its continuing conflict with the insurgent Kachin Independence Army (KIA) in northern Myanmar.

Myanmar looks to acquire JF-17 aircraft - IHS Jane's 360

Anyone with Janes Subscriptions should post the complete article

The government of Myanmar is planning to procure the Chengdu Aerospace Corporation (CAC)/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) JF-17 Thunder multirole combat aircraft, according to a local report.

The programme will feature Myanmar's licenced-production of the aircraft following technology transfer from CAC-PAC, reported the Yangon-based Burma Times on 15 June. The report stated that the aircraft is required to expand the capabilities of the Myanmar Air Force (MAF), although it did not elaborate.

The Myanmar government has not confirmed the report, although it has previously indicated a requirement for additional air combat platforms partly in light of its continuing conflict with the insurgent Kachin Independence Army (KIA) in northern Myanmar.

They've shown their interest before, are they serious this time around?
And how will tot help up? I mean what kind of tot we can give and how profitable would it be to our cause?

Important question is, if this sales happen what will be strategic implications of it on Pakistan as India has influence on both BD & Myanmar? also the later is killing Muslims.

Important question is, if this sales happen what will be strategic implications of it on Pakistan as India has influence on both BD & Myanmar? also the later is killing Muslims.
I've heard we're working on a blk. 3 so giving tot for blk 2 or something wouldn't hurt us much, also it doesn't mean that they can understand the thing just yet. It took us years and it take them years so no worries there. The main question is that our program is already going good as far as our defence needs are concerned but any sales of the platform will add a whole new dimension to the project and will add to it's feasibility. Money will come from....
1-Jets
2-Advisory on infrastructure
3-Pilot training
4-Ground crew
Also...
1-Better relations with Myanmar
As far as Muslims are concerned, we may have that concern but the Chinese won't and they do want to sell their jets as their last successful product is copies of F-7, quite an old jet.

lol...what killing of Muslim has to do with the sale...
in ur country more Muslim die in attacks and bomes then Myanmar... even more Muslim are killing and bombings each other in middle east....
Myanmar is a sovereign county..u must accept their decision...they are doing it because the local population feel threatened by the orhers...

bhai do char JF17 free me dede kuch to PR ban jaye ga :lol:

Can't be true. Keeping the greater good of ummah in mind Pakistan won't sell them these:
1. The planes would be used against their Muslim brothers in BD.
2. Rohingya issue.
Yep need Chinese shaft

Can't be true. Keeping the greater good of ummah in mind Pakistan won't sell them these:

1. The planes would be used against their Muslim brothers in BD.
2. Rohingya issue.

Didn't India support bd nationalist to become independent in 71? So why are you now suddenly so bothered with muslims brothers... India has more muslims then Pakistan, yet India loves to buy Israeli weapons. And does terrorize Kashmiri people. Where is your brotherhood? Just shut up and try to sell something. ;)

Didn't India support bd nationalist to become independent in 71? So why are you now suddenly so bothered with muslims brothers... India has more muslims then Pakistan, yet India loves to buy Israeli weapons. And does terrorize Kashmiri people. Where is your brotherhood? Just shut up and try to sell something. ;)

Serious comprehension issues, no wonder you are a think tank. I was not talking about India.

Oh please! they will throw the the ummah under the bus in a second if it suited them.

Bunch of hypocrites.

That does not show any respect to forum rules. Entire nation is filled with hypocrites? Or is the majority just busy surviving another day?

Serious comprehension issues, no wonder you are a think tank. I was not talking about India.

Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan one said about western suppliers that they would have sold their mother to earn profit. They have no morals and talk about morals of others... I think humans are pretty much the same everywhere.

lol...what killing of Muslim has to do with the sale...
in ur country more Muslim die in attacks and bomes then Myanmar... even more Muslim are killing and bombings each other in middle east....
Myanmar is a sovereign county..u must accept their decision...they are doing it because the local population feel threatened by the orhers...

Selling Thunders to Myanmar just for money does not look good decision to me, Pakistan have to look all aspects as all major arms seller does.

Selling Thunders to Myanmar just for money does not look good decision to me, Pakistan have to look all aspects as all major arms seller does.
hmm....on this i agree...i u must evaluate all situations and and its after effect....most probably the aircraft is for Bangladesh .... so Pakistan must look in all aspects before selling...

Back
Top Bottom