What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

Frigate and corvette I believe.
We are building all these new ships at breakneck speed in order to not only modernise the navy but turn it into a proper blue waters navy to better secure the coast. A lot of arms shipments towards the AA has been coming from either the coastal areas or through Bangladesh. And we all know our favourite bear Winnie the Pooh is the one supplying them
Myanmar has torpedo boats I think. Where are those?

I would take it with a grain of salt as the website itself is....not the most reliable I guess? There’s also no other sources and Sputnik only alleges it.

If we do end up buying them, what for??? We don’t have the facilities to maintain them and I doubt enough skilled technicians to keep them sortie ready. Also who are we flexing against? In terms of AirPower, only Singapore and Thailand have the technological edge that’s close to us at all but even then we are closing the gap with the new SU30s.

So I heard the frontline troops are provided with MRE. Not sure if it’s still under trial run or a regular ration now but it’s good to see some improvement to the troops.

So I heard the frontline troops are provided with MRE. Not sure if it’s still under trial run or a regular ration now but it’s good to see some improvement to the troops.
I did find these on FB.
FB_IMG_1606659627003.jpg
FB_IMG_1606659631100.jpg
FB_IMG_1606659632617.jpg

Guys I heard that Singapore tests their weapons in Myanmar. I'm not sure if they still do it.

Also found these on FB. OP said that the shells says Singapore.
FB_IMG_1606835109344.jpg
FB_IMG_1606835110877.jpg
FB_IMG_1606835112393.jpg

I heard we have BMP-2 in the Army. Apparently BMP-3 too.

Last edited:
The Canadians are replacing their CH130s with these planes too. Are they better? If so what’s the difference between these and the y8 shanxi aircrafts.

Also, I’ve heard that the Jordanians are not only selling the planes but the parts itself to turn them into(spooky)gunships.

also why didn’t we go for the Russian equivalent?

If China starts exporting their harbin z20 (copy hawk) is there a high chance we may start seeing purchases of those helicopters which are better then the original UH60 and mil17V5?

with finger crossed, maybe perhaps even TOT production?

ထိုင္း က ေတာ့ အဂ္လန္ က ကုန္ မနီ တခုကို အတိုင္ ပင္ ခံ ခန့္ ျပီး ေရငုတ္ သေဘ္ာ အ ေသး စ ေဆာက္ ေနပါပီ 193 သန္း ဘတ္

And those cry babies think that they should get access to the itemized bill of Ministry of Defense. Pathetic.
Not full itemised bill, but the people who are paying taxes to pay for the budget should at least know where the money is going towards. This isn’t just for the ministry of defence but for the entire government. A basis for a free and democratic country also includes transparency in governmental spending.
Don’t mean we should immediately know purchases, but the tax payers deserve to know at least

Back
Top Bottom