What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

94D0C3CF-4D47-4B68-B2CF-0AE821725719.jpeg
CC962A9B-78D4-458D-9EE9-85869898E134.jpeg

Ok so I got some info from some sources. Apparently the bag above is a DI product but not sure if it will be in issue soon. I Guess we can say bye bye to soldiers carrying wicker baskets.

the other thing is there is a version 2 of the current vest being issued in small numbers but it is only the vest with sewn on Ammunition pouches, no Molle.

the Molle Version is still in the trial stages. There are also third parties making plate carriers akin to crye JPC but in Myanmar camo pattern for special forces.

there is also reports of ballistic plates being tested on field. Both ceramic and steel plates are being tested but DI favours steel because it could handle more hits before being compromised compared to ceramic. However they still haven’t solve the issue of bullets fragmenting or spalling and flying all over the place when it hit the steel plate. It reportedly whithstand up to 7.62mm rounds too. So I think we can expect SAPI plates in the next two years.

overall some good news on the personal equipment front

However they still haven’t solve the issue of bullets fragmenting or spalling and flying all over the place when it hit the steel plate.
Not solvable with steel plates, spalling can easily kill you even with "anti-spalling coating" ceramic is imo better and the likelihood of just standing there and getting shot multiple times in the same spot on the ceramic plates are low.

He is trying very hard to get involved lmao.
Wrong. CTBT forbid only nuclear explosions tests.
It is clearly written in the Article 1 of the treaty.
@MINN @Aung Zaya
ဒီငတိ အတို့အထောင်လုပ်ပြီး သတင်းနှိုက်နေတယ်
Pls be cautious.

When we first issued the kevlar vest in the conflicts arn 2010s, KIA and MNDAAs are already using AP rounds. They were showing off their bullets with the colorful tips.

Hope the plates can withstand those nasty rounds.
View attachment 656536 View attachment 656537

Ok so I got some info from some sources. Apparently the bag above is a DI product but not sure if it will be in issue soon. I Guess we can say bye bye to soldiers carrying wicker baskets.

the other thing is there is a version 2 of the current vest being issued in small numbers but it is only the vest with sewn on Ammunition pouches, no Molle.

the Molle Version is still in the trial stages. There are also third parties making plate carriers akin to crye JPC but in Myanmar camo pattern for special forces.

there is also reports of ballistic plates being tested on field. Both ceramic and steel plates are being tested but DI favours steel because it could handle more hits before being compromised compared to ceramic. However they still haven’t solve the issue of bullets fragmenting or spalling and flying all over the place when it hit the steel plate. It reportedly whithstand up to 7.62mm rounds too. So I think we can expect SAPI plates in the next two years.

overall some good news on the personal equipment front

When we first issued the kevlar vest in the conflicts arn 2010s, KIA and MNDAAs are already using AP rounds. They were showing off their bullets with the colorful tips.

Hope the plates can withstand those nasty rounds.
7.62x39mm rounds in AP?

Wrong. CTBT forbid only nuclear explosions tests.
It is clearly written in the Article 1 of the treaty.
@MINN @Aung Zaya
ဒီငတိ အတို့အထောင်လုပ်ပြီး သတင်းနှိုက်နေတယ်
Pls be cautious.
အင်း ကျနော် တခါတင်ဘူးတယ် ဘတွေနဲ့လည်း ရန်တိုက်ပေးနေတာ

Not solvable with steel plates, spalling can easily kill you even with "anti-spalling coating" ceramic is imo better and the likelihood of just standing there and getting shot multiple times in the same spot on the ceramic plates are low.
Some companies in the US solved this by coating the steel plate in Kevlar to *catch* the fragments or spalling. I’m not sure if that makes it heavier or more expensive

Some companies in the US solved this by coating the steel plate in Kevlar to *catch* the fragments or spalling. I’m not sure if that makes it heavier or more expensive
Doesn't work either way, I watch many videos on it and it fails very fast.

Hold on so are we replacing our MA-10s (RPG-7 clones) with our newly acquired ability to clone the Carl Gustavs (MA 84s) or are we still gonna use the MA-10s?

Hold on so are we replacing our MA-10s (RPG-7 clones) with our newly acquired ability to clone the Carl Gustavs (MA 84s) or are we still gonna use the MA-10s?
we will use both. MA-10 is still very affordable, handy and battle-proven . that's why we all have seen upgraded MA-10 in thai def show.

Have you guys noticed there is a war going on in Myanmar military-related wiki pages between Burmese editors and foreign editors.

Back
Top Bottom