What's new

Myanmar as an emerging military power

I see a lot of people from Myanmar have joined this forum and @Bangladesh navy Seals is nowhere to be seen.
I think they are underestimating myanmar army... because we bought the modern weapons secretly ... But now BD is trying to upgrade their equipments ... Seeing their future plans are great ... At present time , they must accept BD is not stronger than Myanmar ... And I didn't say Myanmar army is stronger ... There are a lot of members from other countries in this forum... They will say who is stronger ... :D

I think they are underestimating myanmar army... because we bought the modern weapons secretly ... But now BD is trying to upgrade their equipments ... Seeing their future plans are great ... At present time , they must accept BD is not stronger than Myanmar ... And I didn't say Myanmar army is stronger ... There are a lot of members from other countries in this forum... They will say who is stronger ... :D
Clearly it is Myanmar,You joined the forum little late,If you see the first 5 to 6 pages yu will clearly see how a heated debate took place bw Myanmari's ad BD's.

Modernization programme of Myn Army are very precise, dynamic and well synchronized. Defence Industries of Myn Army is well advanced. Building ships locally. Assembling aircrafts locally. Assembling IFVs locally. Producing artillery pieces, radars, MANPADs and all infantry weapons locally. Command an Control networks are upgraded. Logistic systems are also being upgraded. Induction of new weapon systems are still going on. Interaction with foreign countries are growing. Organizational changes are being made. Cooperations with friendly foreign countries are dramatically increased. Myanmar Army is emerging now.

Thanks bro! So you mean their artillery is not ready for a large scale conflict.. But if I am not wrong , BD is having PLZ 45 SP howitzer ... but i don't know how many they have ...
I've read one BD guy is saying MBT-2000 is 3rd generation MBT ... tell him it is 4th Gen MBT pls :)
the overall defence strategy of Bangladesh is mainly defensive.... taking advantage of a soft ground and several hundred rivers...... only a very small portion of the country can be crossed by tanks or other armoured vehicles.... the landscape is an integral part of BD's defence.... think of Sweden, who have full army units moving on snow vehicles....

Bangladesh is a peaceful country, which is why the country hasn't spent more than 1% of GDP behind defence.... diplomacy is far more beneficial for the people in the long run rather than investing behind expensive military hardware.... its only been since 2009 that Bangladesh has started to rebuild/modernize its armed forces, especially the navy..... its gonna take a while for a country to move from a peace footing.... Myanmar had been at war with its own rebels for decades, which left Myanmar much more militarized.... its not a surprise that Myanmar leads Bangladesh in the field of Military..... years of relative isolation has also made Myanmar dependent on its own resources..... Bangladesh defence had been progressing slow, as defence was not a do-or-die thing for decades..... but it all depends on the context of strategy..... and also, diplomacy..... military build-up is only "in case diplomacy fails".....

the overall defence strategy of Bangladesh is mainly defensive.... taking advantage of a soft ground and several hundred rivers...... only a very small portion of the country can be crossed by tanks or other armoured vehicles.... the landscape is an integral part of BD's defence.... think of Sweden, who have full army units moving on snow vehicles....

Bangladesh is a peaceful country, which is why the country hasn't spent more than 1% of GDP behind defence.... diplomacy is far more beneficial for the people in the long run rather than investing behind expensive military hardware.... its only been since 2009 that Bangladesh has started to rebuild/modernize its armed forces, especially the navy..... its gonna take a while for a country to move from a peace footing.... Myanmar had been at war with its own rebels for decades, which left Myanmar much more militarized.... its not a surprise that Myanmar leads Bangladesh in the field of Military..... years of relative isolation has also made Myanmar dependent on its own resources..... Bangladesh defence had been progressing slow, as defence was not a do-or-die thing for decades..... but it all depends on the context of strategy..... and also, diplomacy..... military build-up is only "in case diplomacy fails".....
Thanks for ur comment ... I never underestimate other countries ... Ur army is also a strong army ... I have read this whole thread ...

Thanks for ur comment ... I never underestimate other countries ... Ur army is also a strong army ... I have read this whole thread ...
well, underestimating others is the worst thing you can do.....

BD military had gained a lot of reputation as a peacekeeper around the world..... a lot of the military hardware is fully engaged in UN missions abroad.... as I said, its more a peaceful aim rather than anything else..... its only been recent times that Bangladesh has acquired some short-range SAMs..... that just shows how less threatened Bangladesh felt all along.... but the BD military was born out of a liberation war.... so, the spirit lives on.....

You have made a very good point.
National doctrine of Myanmar is also based on defensive and non-invasion. Defence in depth is the main strategy of our armed forces.

Very first kilo class submarine was delivered to Myanmar
Myanmar tried to buy modern submarines from Russian in 2013. At 65th anniversary diplomatic relation between Russia and Myanmar, Myanmar agreed to build strong relationship with Russian and open a Russian Cultural center in Yangon. And Russia gave a kilo class submarine and accessories for Myanmar navy. A project636 kilo class submarine (named B-237 Rostov-on-Don) which was docked since 2011 was transfered to Myanmar navy. Overhauling, changing some systems and painting were done in Saint Petersburg. On 1st April 2014 , She started the way to her new home, Myanmar, from her native Saint Petersburg. We believe that Myanmar had been signed $2billion contract to get another second handed Kilo,(named B-394 Komsomolsk Tadjikistana) project877, and submarine accessories from Russia. B-394 is an old project 877 k-class kilo and now she is docking in Saint Petersburg to upgrade as EKM.
Hey. . . . thats not true.
It is an April Fool by the MDW.:hitwall:

well, underestimating others is the worst thing you can do.....

BD military had gained a lot of reputation as a peacekeeper around the world..... a lot of the military hardware is fully engaged in UN missions abroad.... as I said, its more a peaceful aim rather than anything else..... its only been recent times that Bangladesh has acquired some short-range SAMs..... that just shows how less threatened Bangladesh felt all along.... but the BD military was born out of a liberation war.... so, the spirit lives on.....
You have made a very good point.
National doctrine of Myanmar is also based on defensive and non-invasion. Defence in depth is the main strategy of our armed forces.

Hey. . . . thats not true.
It is an April Fool by the MDW.:hitwall:
sorry bro my bad ... I will delete it :P

Burma needs to get its internal conflicts in order.

The sign that Burma hasn't is a sign of non professionalism in at least part of the army.

China has been through this, I know what not getting rid of insurgencies mean. It means the army wants that threat there to continue their power in certain areas. It means the mistrust of the government by the army towards itself. It means a lot of things and non of it great.

For Burma to be an effective power it needs to finish off any unfinished business and be completely professional. If anything recent wars taught us, it's professionalism wins wars. You don't just place a gun in a person's hand and hope for the best.

Burma needs to get its internal conflicts in order.

The sign that Burma hasn't is a sign of non professionalism in at least part of the army.

China has been through this, I know what not getting rid of insurgencies mean. It means the army wants that threat there to continue their power in certain areas. It means the mistrust of the government by the army towards itself. It means a lot of things and non of it great.

For Burma to be an effective power it needs to finish off any unfinished business and be completely professional. If anything recent wars taught us, it's professionalism wins wars. You don't just place a gun in a person's hand and hope for the best.
nah! Mate u really need to have some historical knowlege about our internal conflicts, we had 135 ethnic groups and over 120 arms groups, most of them r fighting for their self rule state and democracy but in fact most of them r heavily involve in drug trade and illegal logging busniess, it's not that we r incapable to get rid of them just that we r sick and tired of countless and baseless acuse over human right issue, imaging when ur dealing w insurgency that didn't wear uniform, who act like ordinary villager saying hi to u and they will shoot ur back w M16 when u walk over their rice field filled w land mine, and when army counter them there's international right groups r ready to summit abuse record to UN.in the end country image will suffer, actually it's not that hard for us to wipe them out, just like how we kick out KMT troops backed by CIA. And KNU the most bravest, skilled,strong(over30000 troops)well supported by thailand,we defeat them within a year and at that time 1996 our army wasnt well equip compare to today,and until now not a single major offensive operation aganist them being launch, only small scale and medium areal clearance operation were done, also we dont want to creat refugee flooding problem to neighbours, so we chosing political dialog rather than fighting, the only and biggest problem is china goverment supporting UWSA which is biggest armed group in country located along china Myanmar border, and KIA as well. yea we r still in modernizing and still long way to go, what we r doing is to achieve standard army first and follow by the rest,Depends on how our political transformation is success, cheers!!

00mi35p.jpg
00mi35p2.jpg
1-mi35  2.jpg
1-mi35p.jpg
1-mi35.jpg
mi 35.jpg
484684_519565451418948_505018925_n.jpg

MI 35 P attack helicopters of Myanmar AF.
MI 35Ps are backbone of MAF attack helicopter fleet and they played vital role in offensive against Kachin rebels in 2012/2013. MI 35P has proved highly effective providing close air support for ground forces during those operations. MAF currently operates 25 MI 35P attached to various attack sqn.

1-mi2 away.jpg
1-mi2 upg.jpg
1-mi2 twin gun.jpg
1-mi 2 door gun.jpg

MI 2 light attack helicopters of MAF. MAF received 20 MI 2 in 1990s and they performed very well in the operations in the Ayerwaddy delta region in 1990s. MI 2 were grounded since 1998. However MAF upgraded MI 2 in 2007 with the help of Serbia technicians. Only 18 MI 2 LAH are fully operational now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom