What's new

Myanmar aircraft cross Bangladesh border, fire shells

As for TRG-300, yes it was a good purchase. But, without air cover, India and Myanmar can take those out of operation real quick. They both operate combat drones and we can see from recent wars how effective drones can be against land systems.

Very long post with some parts I can agree with but this part is simply not correct.

I have already replied that TRG-300s are "shoot and scoot" systems and BA is already placing them in large dense forests. Even the USAF would have problems taking these systems out very quickly. Forget IAF and even more so MAF.

I want BAL and BNP and Jamat disbanded by law. Through a constitutional amendment.

These three parties are personality cults.
I also want them to be disbanded, but Jamat isn't personality cult like BNP, BAL and Jatiya party.

Jamat is a vicious islamist party closely related to brotherhood!

So yes they should be disbanded at first! Then BAL and BNP!

But Hasina should be PM as long as she wants.
Although I like Hasina ,but I don't agree with it. However if you introduce presidential form , then I agree.

Although PM enjoy monarch status in Bangladesh , still she is heavily dependent on political goons, that quite harmful.

So in presidential form she won't have to rely heavily on BAL!

Anyway he is 78 years old , and I don't think she wants to continue!

But if she wants , I prefer presidential form and her as president!

I also want them to be disbanded, but Jamat isn't personality cult like BNP, BAL and Jatiya party.

Jamat is a vicious islamist party closely related to brotherhood!

So yes they should be disbanded at first! Then BAL and BNP!

Although I like Hasina ,but I don't agree with it. However if you introduce presidential form , then I agree.

Although PM enjoy monarch status in Bangladesh , still she is heavily dependent on political goons, that quite harmful.

So in presidential form she won't have to rely heavily on BAL!

Anyway he is 78 years old , and I don't think she wants to continue!

But if she wants , I prefer presidential form and her as president!

Bangladesh is quite unruly with too many egos with one man band political outfits.

She relies on BAL thugs to keep things in check.

Even with the military behind them Gen Ershad and Major Zia couldn’t keep control. Both of them executed hundreds of officers on mutiny charges.

Businesses faced frequent strikes and supply chain gridlock.

Sound like Hasina govt really screwed Bangladesh over when it comes to defense. As per Aljazeera documentary Bangladesh Army chief is Hasena wajid party political thug and chief’s brother is party long time hitman and gangster. Who is now involve in defense contracts. So army leadership is screwed.

Now I am finding out there no Airforce either.

Do you guys have navy? Or Hasina also outsourced that to India.

Sound like Hasina govt really screwed Bangladesh over when it comes to defense. As per Aljazeera documentary Bangladesh Army chief is Hasena wajid party political thug and chief’s brother is party long time hitman and gangster. Who is now involve in defense contracts. So army leadership is screwed.

Google is your friend.

There maybe a plan to turn Navy frigates into Cruise ships !

We will eat grass but have the BOMB - ZAB, assassinated after a military coup as a punishment from the DC to initiate the nukes program

The Pak military is more important than me. Pak can survive without me, but not without her military - IK, ousted from the power by the military as a punishment from the DC for the Afgan debacle, Russia visit, tilt toward China etc.

Even when a one-third of Pak is inundated, and her CAD is in negative the follwing procurements are being pursued:
  • Dozens of J-10Cs for maritime roles
  • Equipping the Sea Sultan jet powered and armed maritime patrol a/cs with the Swedish and Italian electronic systems
  • Hundreds of Chinese MRAPs
  • Chinese artillery fire detection AESA radars
  • Virtually buying everything the Turkish defense industries are producing like bunnies
  • Etc.
*I have learnt one thing from the life of the Prophet of Islam: when he died he has no food in his house, but a dozen high quality swords were in house - Israili PM Golda Meir

Last edited:
We will eat grass but have the BOMB - ZAB, assassinated after a military coup as a punishment from the DC to initiate the nukes program

The Pak military is more important than me. Pak can survive without me, but not without her military - IK, ousted from the power by the military as a punishment from the DC for the Afgan debacle, Russia visit, tilt toward China etc.

Even when a one-third of Pak is inundated, and her CAD is in negative the follwing procurements are being pursued:
  • Dozens of J-10Cs for maritime roles
  • Equipping the Sea Sultan jet powered and armed maritime patrol a/cs with the Swedish and Italian electronic systems
  • Hundreds of Chinese MRAPs
  • Virtually buying everything the Turkish defense industries are producing like bunnies
  • Etc.

I respect Pakistan for having the guts to acquire the bomb.

Having acquired it - you guaranteed your survival.

Hence should have focussed on the economy like a laser.

Yes, people like you are forcing Pakistan to eat grass to buy military weapons. Pakistan should re-set its priorities.

We have two choices here:

1. Political stability and economic growth under BAL but a meak foreign policy that allows BD to be bullied by a much smaller country like Myanmar.

2. Change government that is likely to not have much longetivity and spends all it's time(if BNP) settling scores with BAL and no long-term economic planning and so economic growth slows down since both domestic and foreign investors cannot plan for anymore than a few years at a time. It may just do something about the BAF but that will take up to 5 years to make any material difference and so even if it wanted to, Myanmar can keep bullying BD in the meantime as BD does not have any credible airforce.

There is a third choice.

Political stability and economic growth, at the same time investing in defence. Developing countries must not care about defence at all to save money for development is not the right argument. You have to have at least minimum deterrence. They have been ruling for 14 years, yeat there is no significant procurement for the AF and Navy, it's just pathetic.

Should shot them down. Myanmar air force is very weak. Only 40 4th generation aircraft in its entire air force.

Turning up for an air battle is no easy lazy job! IAF has proved it 100% during the 02/27 episode. We shouldn't blame the BAF* for anything. BD overall is doing quite OK...

By the by, where does the Burmese AF get their guts and training from?

*If there were any ex-PAF pilots there I'd have personally held them responsible.

Last edited:
Very long post with some parts I can agree with but this part is simply not correct.

I have already replied that TRG-300s are "shoot and scoot" systems and BA is already placing them in large dense forests. Even the USAF would have problems taking these systems out very quickly. Forget IAF and even more so MAF.

Without targeting information TRG-300s have limited utility. The HIMARs are effective because Ukraine has excellent intelligence on what to hit

Typical excuses that BAF and BAL notes with regards to not procuring anything -
  1. No Russian planes because of fear of CAATSA - Although to be honest no one in US would have given a crap about Bangladesh procuring some Sukhois. But for the sake of argument, let's just say we didn't go for Sukhois because of CAATSA.
  2. No Gripens because Sweden did not want to sell to us.
  3. No F-16 or F-18s because of the risks of US sanctions on Bangladesh govt. officials. A risk that is a result of BAL government's own doing.
  4. No Eurofighter or Rafale because too expensive to afford after Covid.

There is not much to do with $600 million air force budget. This is whole budget for OPEX and CAPEX

There is not much to do with $600 million air force budget. This is whole budget for OPEX and CAPEX

Procurement is not included in the BD's defence budget. However, the budget is not really the issue, the real issue is the government's lack of vision to upgrade the military. If it was there, budget could be allocated, BD has a good enough economy to have a competent military comparable to countries that have similar GDP.

Back
Top Bottom