What's new

Myanmar aircraft cross Bangladesh border, fire shells

Yes, you are right MM has no right to enter through the BD border. But, what does a country do when its rebels are given shelter by another country?

So, now it is a contest between the two national forces. Either BD expels the AA rebels or accepts pounding by the MM troops or attacks the MM forces.

Do you think BD has the power to contest the MM airforce although our PDF brats are fond of dividing India into two?

It seems my dog knows the more correct history of Moghs than you do. Better you learn who was called Moghs before you again vomit your ignorance. Bloody ignorant Sudra Kalaiya!!!
Lol, i dont need to learn anything from an hindutva incel too stupid to come up with insult that does not rely on racism and casticism.

Still awaiting to know what caste you belong to?

@Nergal

We have a live one 🤣🤣🤣

Dude!

Our economy was a basket case until 2013.

It was a joke!

Don’t be so arrogant thinking that anyone can run the economy.

Mujib-Zia-Ershad-Khaleda regimes ran a stagnant economy that couldn’t withstand the occasional floods.

Country was completely reliant on foreign aid to fund basic necessities.

Pls don’t make me laugh!!

Military regimes always bring the economy to its knees.
What price sovereignty?

You dont want military rule, that fine. But at a cost of BDs sovereignty?

No interception attempt?

How can giving airforce good interceptors and strike aircraft possibaly increase there capacity to take over government? 🤔
Is there any logical link? Look at Malaysian, Indian and Vietnamese armies for a comparison. Armed to teeth but cannot even dream of interfering in government.
Pakistan Army's massive arsenal has nothing to do with their grip on country and annoying practice of interference in goveenment. Even AK clad armies of African countries make coups and take over governments.
It does not offcourse. Unfortunately some in BD considers military as a political actor although only time military has stepped in is when politicians have failed.

Its never going to be a good time to topple BAL....it will be messy in every scenario.

They wont relinquish power willingly because they fear the public and repercussion of their excess.

Military rule for a bit followed by open election.

There is no easy answer here as smooth transfer of power is not possible.

Open election?

We seem to have lost our mind here as there is no credible alternative in BD. BNP is an absolute joke and would have taken Western side in Russia-Ukraine war.

BD absolutely needs quasi-dictatorship under BAL till 2030 at least to "bake in" all the development so that any other government coming in cannot ruin what has already been achieved.

This is embarrasing and pathetic I agree but allowing the military to become a joke is unfortunately the price to pay for essential economic development under BAL. There muct be no change in government as BD needs 2 decades of one-party rule to cement it's economy on a firm footing.

You are correct. The neglect towards Bangladesh Air Force has nothing to do with coup fears. Bangladesh Army has history of coups but they have been well funded and loyalists were appointed to keep Sheikh Hasina in power.

The neglect towards Bangladesh Air Force has direct link to India putting pressure and the Hasina Govt. bowing down to it. Indians went berserk when BD simply acquired C-802 back in 2007s. Imagine how they would take it if BAF was equipped with J-10C or JF-17, which are perfect cost effective and potent platforms for BAF.

I really do not think this is anything to do with Indian pressure.

BA has purchased 18 TRG-300 MLRS that can take out all Indian military bases surrounding BD within minutes in a first-strike. 1-2 squadrons of MRCA would pale in comparison to the harm these systems can do to India.

My take is that it is a combination of BAL incompetence and the government being stinging about the 3-4 billion US dollars that even a single squadron of Western MRCA would cost.

@UKBengali , in Pakistan period, Ayub Khan also did lots of development works!

Still why did we declare independence?

We declared independence because we were deprived from power . BB was elected and was the rightful PM of Pakistan!

A nation isn't destinied to serve a single family forever.

And who said there is no alternative in Bangladesh?

Yes BNP isn't an alternative for sure, but there are alternatives now!

Gano Odhikar Porishod is alternative. It's convenor Dr Reza Kibria is more than Qualified to lead Bangladesh.

So why still we need dictatorship? And if we need dictatorship, then why under BAL?

Because you are a crony of BAL?

If you write something, use some logic , don't just blindly push your thoughts!

You guys are doing no better than Pakistan regime who deprived us!

Now give a fair election , BAL will not win ; same as Bhutto was lost to Mujib in 1970 election!

As long as there was no alternative, I was fine with Haisna.

But it's probably the last term of Hasina , as she herself declared it.

So whom do you want to choose as PM If you want BAL dictatorship?

Last edited:
Open election?

We seem to have lost our mind here as there is no credible alternative in BD. BNP is an absolute joke and would have taken Western side in Russia-Ukraine war.

BD absolutely needs quasi-dictatorship under BAL till 2030 at least to "bake in" all the development so that any other government coming in cannot ruin what has already been achieved.

This is embarrasing and pathetic I agree but allowing the military to become a joke is unfortunately the price to pay for essential economic development under BAL. There muct be no change in government as BD needs 2 decades of one-party rule to cement it's economy on a firm footing.

No I do not agree. BAL needs to toppled because sovereignity can not be compromised.

I do not know who would be best placed to take over. I dont care if it is BNP or any other, as long as they have the support of the people its fine by me. BAL does not have popular support and has no right to rule.

Economy and military does not need to be in competition.... they are complementary and when it comes to sovereignty subservient.

No I do not agree. BAL needs to toppled because sovereignity can not be compromised.

I do not know who would be best placed to take over. I dont care if it is BNP or any other, as long as they have the support of the people its fine by me. BAL does not have popular support and has no right to rule.

Economy and military does not need to be in competition.... they are complementary and when it comes to sovereignty subservient.

The people are irrelevant in such a poor and uneducated country that BD is.

No country has developed while under true democracy and having open elections again is a recipe for chaos and economic stagnation.

Bite the bullet and let BD economy move into “middle-income” territory within a decade and then dispose of BAL and their pathetic meakness against savages like Barmans.

Last edited:

BA has purchased 18 TRG-300 MLRS that can take out all Indian military bases surrounding BD within minutes in a first-strike. 1-2 squadrons of MRCA would pale in comparison to the harm these systems can do to India.

My take is that it is a combination of BAL incompetence and the government being stinging about the 3-4 billion US dollars that even a single squadron of Western MRCA would cost.
Whilst TRGs allows us first strike capability and if we can get them out and hit targets will give us breathing room in all reality they are likely to be taken out by IAF as we do not have an airforce.

Lack of credible airforce also means that IA will be able to take remedial steps within a few days and BD advantage nullified. We only have a few missiles.... we have acquired capacity for one time hit only but not one that will stop IA indefinitely.

In every conceivable way in relation to our enemies we are weaker militarily.... all to keep BAL in power? No... BAL is not BD.

We will have to disagree.

No country has developed while under true democracy and having open elections again is a recipe for chaos and economic stagnation.

Bite the bullet and let BD economy move into “middle-income” territory with a decade and then dispose of BAL and their pathetic meanness against savages like Barmans.

The cost of that stability may be too much though.

Do consider the other side of the arguement.

BAL after Hasina is gonna be a disaster for Bangladesh.

What price sovereignty?

You dont want military rule, that fine. But at a cost of BDs sovereignty?

It does not offcourse. Unfortunately some in BD considers military as a political actor although only time military has stepped in is when politicians have failed.

Politicians always fail. They fail everywhere.

That’s not an excuse for the military to create their own parties and become presidents.

Both BNP and JP were created by the military.

BAL after Hasina should face the same fate as Jamatis.

Systematically executed via an “international tribunal”.

@Nergal
@EasyNow
@Bilal9

Bite the bullet and let BD economy move into “middle-income” territory with a decade and then dispose of BAL and their pathetic meakness against savages like Barmans.

Giving uneducated people the vote is akin to sanctioning mob rule.

Look at USA under their “founding fathers”.

Bunch of racist farmers - wrote slavery into their constitution.

Last edited:
Whilst TRGs allows us first strike capability and if we can get them out and hit targets will give us breathing room in all reality they are likely to be taken out by IAF as we do not have an airforce.

Lack of credible airforce also means that IA will be able to take remedial steps within a few days and BD advantage nullified. We only have a few missiles.... we have acquired capacity for one time hit only but not one that will stop IA indefinitely.

In every conceivable way in relation to our enemies we are weaker militarily.... all to keep BAL in power? No... BAL is not BD.

We will have to disagree.

IAF has no such capability to take out these 18 TRGs since even the USAF cannot do it.

The reason is that they are "shoot and scoot" devices and so can fire off for a few minutes and then be moved elsewhere.

Last I heard is that at least some of them were being deployed in a large forest some 10s of kms east of the BD-Indian border from W. Bengal. Finding these systems if they are not being fired in such a large forest will be virtually impossible.

These systems give BD some deterrence against an Indian attack on BD as BD now has the capability to hurt India back.

1-2 squadrons of MRCA fighters do not give the same deterrent capability,

We have two choices here:

1. Political stability and economic growth under BAL but a meak foreign policy that allows BD to be bullied by a much smaller country like Myanmar.

2. Change government that is likely to not have much longetivity and spends all it's time(if BNP) settling scores with BAL and no long-term economic planning and so economic growth slows down since both domestic and foreign investors cannot plan for anymore than a few years at a time. It may just do something about the BAF but that will take up to 5 years to make any material difference and so even if it wanted to, Myanmar can keep bullying BD in the meantime as BD does not have any credible airforce.

Bite the bullet and let BD economy move into “middle-income” territory within a decade and then dispose of BAL and their pathetic meakness against savages like Barmans.
You power hunger is endless. I'm sure , in 2030 you will claim that BAL should stay in power till 2041!

And then 2050 ..... Onwards! 🤣

I know BAL guys very well! Even jamatis aren't as fanatics as BAL guys nowadays!

BAL after Hasina should face the same fate as Jamatis.

Systematically executed via an “international tribunal”.

@Nergal
@EasyNow
@Bilal9
Indeed they will. Either be a moderate Muslim party like old days , or get annihilated! No one in Bangladesh is ready to serve indian purpose!

But I truly want an honorable and safe exit for Hasina , and hopefully she will get that, most probably in this term , as she several times said so!

I think later the next leadership will suffer!

I hear that Rehana want the position of chairperson of BAL!

I also even heard that Rehana is secretly working against Hasina!

Not sure if it's true or just rumor ! But I heard it from some die hard BAL people who know the internal matter!

However,if Rehana get the position after Hasina , I'm not going to support her just because she is daughter of BB!

Hasina is different case , as she is a great politician. So I admire her ,not because she is the daughter of BB!

@BananaRepublicUK

Last edited:

I think it does, along with BAL incompetence. I used to be of the camp it was simply BAF and BAL incompetence and corruption, but lately I think it is more sinister than that.

Typical excuses that BAF and BAL notes with regards to not procuring anything -
  1. No Russian planes because of fear of CAATSA - Although to be honest no one in US would have given a crap about Bangladesh procuring some Sukhois. But for the sake of argument, let's just say we didn't go for Sukhois because of CAATSA.
  2. No Gripens because Sweden did not want to sell to us.
  3. No F-16 or F-18s because of the risks of US sanctions on Bangladesh govt. officials. A risk that is a result of BAL government's own doing.
  4. No Eurofighter or Rafale because too expensive to afford after Covid.
The biggest question is why in first place we were only looking for twin engine jets? Why couldn't we source for single engine alternatives? They were usually cheaper and inexpensive to operate compared to the twin engine planes BAF was considering.

The reason for twin engine requirement people usually provide is that we need it for maritime patrol. It is the same requirement BAF listed on their official tender. The reasoning is twin engine fighters have higher payload, so able to cover more range. Fair enough.

For comparison, let's look at another country - Pakistan. Pakistan's farthest maritime boundary from it's coast is 350 NM and a total maritime area of 290,000 Sq Km. Distance from the coast to the farthest point is 350 nm.

According to the UNCLOS-III, the total sea area of Bangladesh is approximately 207,000 square kilometers, which is smaller than the area Pakistan has to patrol. Distance from the coast to the farthest point is 354NM.

By BAFs logic, PAF and Navy should also be fielding twin engine jets? But we don't see a single twin engine fighter in their inventory. They maintain a combination of single engine platforms and long range UAVs like Wing Loong II. In fact if anything, they have an active hostile neighbor and one would assume they have more need for twin engine jets to conduct those strikes deep into enemy territory.

Bangladesh could have easily opted for Chinese alternatives such as J-10C as the backbone for BAF. It would cost half of what it would have cost of operating sub-par Sukhois and Migs. For maritime patrolling, we could have procured some long range UAVs like Wing Loong II.

The bottom line is, we could have strengthened the air force at half the cost, if only we got it from China. We are not a rich country to have the luxury of maintaining Rafales or EFTs. What was important was to mitigate the glaring gap in our air defence. Instead, we saw the Govt. twiddling their thumbs and parroting their "GDP this, GDP that" narrative.

There is incompetency, there is the factor of corruption in the form of commission from those purchases and finally there is the factor of not angering India by buying J-10C from China. Otherwise, we would have seen J-10C and Wing Loong II being inducted into BAF.

As for TRG-300, yes it was a good purchase. But, without air cover, India and Myanmar can take those out of operation real quick. They both operate combat drones and we can see from recent wars how effective drones can be against land systems.

You power hunger is endless. I'm sure , in 2030 you will claim that BAL should stay in power till 2041!

And then 2050 ..... Onwards! 🤣

I know BAL guys very well! Even jamatis aren't as fanatics as BAL guys nowadays!

Indeed they will. Either be a moderate Muslim party like old days , or get annihilated! No one in Bangladesh is ready to serve indian purpose!

But I truly want an honorable and safe exit for Hasina , and hopefully she will get that, most probably in this term , as she several times said so!

I think later the next leadership will suffer!

I hear that Rehana want the position of chairperson of BAL!

I also even heard that Rehana is secretly working against Hasina!

Not sure if it's true or just rumor ! But I heard it from some die hard BAL people who know the internal matter!

However,if Rehana get the position after Hasina , I'm not going to support her just because she is daughter of BB!

Hasina is different case , as she is a great politician. So I admire her ,not because she is the daughter of BB!

@BananaRepublicUK

I want BAL and BNP and Jamat disbanded by law. Through a constitutional amendment.

These three parties are personality cults.

But Hasina should be PM as long as she wants.

When she cannot continue - we will need a clean break.

Back
Top Bottom