What's new

My definition of secularism is simple, India first, Narendra Modi tells ove

My (custom made) post was for another poster who has unnecessary doubts on Modi about Ram Temple isssue.

I thought the final judgement on the Ram Janam Bhoomi has arived so why is this even an issue today?

@Bang Galore - I am not supporting Modi or BJP hoping for them to succeed. I am all for a chance for BJP and Modi and oppose the concerted propaganda the pseudo-secular forces has been carrying on.

Only to believe the opposite variety of propaganda. Just as long as you don't believe in angels & demons.....:lol: Certainly not that one type exists in one party & the other type in a different one. We are dealing with politicians here. Modi, if he wants to be a PM has to rise above a certain type of "gulli/mohalla" politics. He can't be directly berating the PM using unbecoming language, speak about the "girlfriend" of Shashi Tharoor etc... There is a reason why Vajapayee was admired, even by the opposition, because of how he conducted himself. Modi needs to learn that & fast. It may not help him much, considering the vituperative nature of the discourse but he must try. Modi also needs to explain why he is different, the BJP inducts a gun wielding strongman in Gujarat where the nature of the electorate is so behind him that he does not need to, the BJP supports Raja Bhaiya in U.P., a man accused of murdering a police officer (among many others) to get the Thakur vote.... and you believe that this is a party which is different? Not in any good way. They are just more of the same, all of them.

If you wonder whether I'm being too cynical, maybe I am. I have had a bitter experience of supporting and then regretting my support for the BJP in Karnataka. Not much of a believer in fairy tales anymore.:frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
My FB Status -

Hunger, Poverty, Illiteracy, Corruption, Crimes against women, Child labor, Human trafficking, Oppression of Dalits, flawed Caste Based Reservation, Terrorism, Suicide and Selling of organs by Farmers, Selling of children etc, are few of the major problems of India.

But 1.2 billion people vote on Basis of Religion.

Why blame Politicians and Media for Vote bank politics and discussion if people themselves are communal and have misplaced Priorities.

Demand and Supply - Basic Economics 101.

Looks pretty much an argument against the parliamentary form of governance than against Modi..:azn:

It wasn't an argument against Modi. It was, as you said an argument considering the system of governance presently being followed and the only one that will be available to Mr.Modi if he were to become PM. However, to quickly disabuse you of any notion that a Presidential form is necessarily better, the country of your present residence is a good example. The system of checks & balances can sometimes end up being used cynically by politicians to oppose a leader, an ideology or simply be destructive. That is the world we live in, it won't make that much of a difference who becomes the PM as many of you seem to think. Improving on MMS won't be as easy as you think. That is simply the nature of the politics at play in India.

Modi, if he wants to be a PM has to rise above a certain type of "gulli/mohalla" politics. He can't be directly berating the PM using unbecoming language, speak about the "girlfriend" of Shashi Tharoor etc...

He called the PM a nightwatchman. And honest to god you know that is the truth. he came in because Sonia could not and he is filling the seat for either the next Gandhi or next gandhi's manmohan to take over.

And also these words pale into comparison the vitriol that has been poured on him by all sections over the last 10 years.

If you wonder whether I'm being too cynical, maybe I am.

Too much :frown:

I maintain that one experience does not represent BJP in its entirety. By and large NDA governed states have fared better on the perfomance index than UPA ruled ones.

It wasn't an argument against Modi. It was, as you said an argument considering the system of governance presently being followed and the only one that will be available to Mr.Modi if he were to become PM. However, to quickly disabuse you of any notion that a Presidential form is necessarily better, the country of your present residence is a good example. The system of checks & balances can sometimes end up being used cynically by politicians to oppose a leader, an ideology or simply be destructive. That is the world we live in, it won't make that much of a difference who becomes the PM as many of you seem to think. Improving on MMS won't be as easy as you think. That is simply the nature of the politics at play in India.

I think the US system is much better than Indian system. Much more evolved.

What you say might be true, but that shouldnt be considered as an argument against giving Modi a chance. After all unlike Herr Fuhrer, Modi can be voted out in 2019 if he does not live up to his reputation :P.

Also it would induce a sense of competition in Indian politics and may even force congress to streamline and evolve while a third victory would only cement their notion, that no matter what, they will be elected and this hurts perfomance.

Same like the argument that is trotted out for privatization of defence which will shake the defence psu s from their monopolistic slumber.

I thought the final judgement on the Ram Janam Bhoomi has arived so why is this even an issue today?

Muslims are not agree with that... Infact Muslim will never agree anything less than a mosque named on a cruel inhuman terrorist.

Mushraff also said "country first" - this is empty statement and clouding ones decision behind nationalism. Secularism is distinct from nationalism and its a lame attempt to hide behind nationalism. Modi - Go and prove your communal credentials some where else !

He can't be directly berating the PM using unbecoming language, speak about the "girlfriend" of Shashi Tharoor etc

Lest you forget, that it was Congress President Sonia Gandhi who berated him by saying Maut ka saudagar.
And before that she came on Atal Bajpayi ji by saying "Gaddar" (traitor or anti-national).

NEW DELHI: The Congress and the ruling Bhartiya Janata Party on Wednesday locked horns on the "Gaddar" (traitor or anti-national) controversy as to whether Congress President Sonia Gandhi had dubbed Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee a "Gaddar."

@Bang Galore Agreed. One needs to look other Ministers that will be part of Government, no just PM.

That's why I support Modi's way of politics because he alone has made many top BJP leaders and RSS to pick him against their will due to party workers and members.

he got endorsement of many top BJP politicians and all are now accepting him and will have to do politics in the way he wants to do. Rajnath Singh will soon drop Mandir issue from agenda.

I don't care if Modi, Nitish Kumar or MMS becomes PM as long as we get a government elected for elections based on Development based Politics and a strong PM with vision and better Ministers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lest you forget, that it was Congress President Sonia Gandhi who berated him by saying Maut ka saudagar.
And before that she came on Atal Bajpayi ji by saying "Gaddar" (traitor or anti-national).

Sonia Gandhi was/is not the PM and she was stupid to do that.. You wrongly believe that I'm a Sonia Gandhi fan. She is no role model in terms of language used.

Sonia Gandhi was/is not the PM and she was stupid to do that.. You wrongly believe that I'm a Sonia Gandhi fan. She is no role model in terms of language used.

Yr Issue is Modi to PM (of berating)
Similar Issue is of Sonia to PM (atal vajpayee)
She is a head of Congress, on whose behest MMS became the PM of India.
Why twist?

BTW, Sonia is the de-facto PM of India, nothing moves without her nod, she even gets to know the content of secret files moving in PMO, due to her loyal stooges with servile attitude who surround the mute PM.

Yr Issue is Modi to PM (of berating)
Similar Issue is of Sonia to PM (atal vajpayee)
She is a head of Congress, on whose behest MMS became the PM of India.
Why twist?

BTW, Sonia is the de-facto PM of India, nothing moves without her nod, she even gets to know the content of secret files moving in PMO, due to her loyal stooges with servile attitude who surround the mute PM.

Right....Narendra Modi is now the BJP alternative to Sonia Gandhi? Setting the bar pretty low, aren't you? I'm talking about someone who wants to be a PM, someone who should take a lead put of Vajpayee's book even if he no ABV.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom