What's new

Muslims have lowest living standard in India: Govt survey -times of india

Tell us something we dont know already.

I am sure the Shias and Ahmedis are doing well. It's the Sunnis who bring the level down.

32 - muslim
37 - hindu
51 - christian
55 - sikh

So its all sikh conspiracy..... :lol:

UNDP suggested that almost 49% of Pakistanis are living below poverty line. - See more at: Rising poverty in Pakistan | Pakistan Tribune

If I may !

That 49% figure is in fact the figure of population in Multidimensional Poverty as per the Multidimensional Poverty Index that can be found in the 2013 Human Development Report.

Table 5 on Page 160 & 161 of the Report is where the MPI is mentioned !

A snapshot of it (I've edited out the other countries but the figures are the same, you may check it should you wish to) goes thus :

As you can see that we're in bad shape...really bad shape but you're even worse than us !

http://www.undp.org/content/dam/und...3GlobalHDR/English/HDR2013 Report English.pdf

' @shan - Research tou puriii kiyaa kar ! :disagree:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I may !

That 49% figure is in fact the figure of population in Multidimensional Poverty as per the Multidimensional Poverty Index that can be found in the 2013 Human Development Report.

Table 5 on Page 160 & 161 of the Report is where the MPI is mentioned !

A snapshot of it (I've edited out the other countries but the figures are the same, you may check it should you wish to) goes thus :

As you can see that we're in bad shape...really bad shape but you're even worse than us !

http://www.undp.org/content/dam/und...3GlobalHDR/English/HDR2013 Report English.pdf

' @shan - Research tou puriii kiyaa kar ! :disagree:

I got it. you should read the complete article. But Pakistan still hadn't conducted the latest census.

Rising poverty in Pakistan | Pakistan Tribune

Last edited by a moderator:
that muslims have the lowest living standard in india..

Chal koi nahin...what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger ! :)

I know a guy who got kicked out of his job (in Lahore) when the sanctions hit us in '98 because his was some Multinational that decided to pull out of Pakistan ! He then applied to every company in Lahore but to no avail. Then one day he was walking home from one of the prospected companies he had dropped his Resume off & he felt the need to drink something - Pepsi, Paaniii wagheraa ! On that road he walked for 2 miles in either direction but not a single Khokaaa (Kiosk) was located that sold such beverages !

Imagine what this guy does - He goes home...takes a loan from his elder brother & opens up a small khokaaa on the same road selling beverages, cigarettes, paaaan etc.

10 years down the lane...he went from being a Khokhaa owner to someone who has his own small factory where he manufactures & supplies those 'Plastic Casings' that Disposable (non returnable) Bottles are packed in, to the top bottlers here in the Punjab ! :blink:

10 years ago he was walking on the road....now he was driving a Land Cruiser - Resourcefulness ho tou aisiiii ! :agree:

I got it. you should read the complete article. But Pakistan still hadn't conducted the latest census.

Rising poverty in Pakistan | Pakistan Tribune

I did - The article copy pastes excerpts from the Report !

The figures aren't from the National Survey otherwise it would have the letter 'N' attached to it ! Nor did I find any indication of the Report stating that the figures collected were outdated or that, in the rest of the Report, there appears to be a prospected significant increase in the worsening of Pakistan's Stats !

Just went through the report, interesting stats. Both BJP and the Congress will use it for their agendas.

But to sum up the stats, Muslims have biggest families,lowest literacy rates and lowest labour force participation by Muslim females. This should explain why they have lower standard of living.

2j10r3l.png

If we go by this sample, India is 82.3% is Hindu, 12.6% Muslim population, as opposed to the 30% Muslim some Pakistanis like to peddle around. However when you look at younger age groups, 0-19 age, Muslim percentage is higher.

sni6qf.png

Muslim household size at 4.9 is bigger than Hindu household size of 4.4. However the Muslim household size in urban areas is significantly higher compared to Hindu households.

2eqds44.png

In Rural India, 30% of Muslim Males are illiterate as compared to 25.7%Hindu Males and 52.6% Muslim females are illiterate as compared to 50% Hindu Women.

In Urban India, 19% Muslim Males are illiterate as compared to 9% Hindu Males and 34.5% Muslim females are illiterate as compared to 22.3% Hindu females.

r89oc7.png

And the biggest of all, Labour force participation rate(LFPR), its drastically low for Muslim women(due to religious reasons I guess), and is probably the major reason why Muslim standard f living is slightly lower than Hindu standard of living.

RM(Rural Male), RF(Rural Female), RP(Rural Persons), UM(Urbanl Male), UF(Urban Female), UP(Urban Persons).

Labour force participation for Muslim females is almost half that of Hindu Females, and is also slightly lower in case of Muslim males as compared to Hindu Males.

Back
Top Bottom