What's new

Mushshak Trainer Aircraft

May be this is a niche market that we should develop aircraft for. Low cost prop driven trainers and COIN a/c.
Mushshak can be armed as a light COIN. unguided rockets or 250lb bombs and a gunpod. Some work is being done to fit 1 hard point under each wing.

In late 2017 / early 2018 there were pictures of super mushaks with 2 hard points. Does anyone know the latest on that front e.g. like whats the max TOW, do we have a relevant radar replacement that can be used for some sort of COIN operation and is the glass compatible with night vision gogles etc etc.
I don't think we can make a mushak a A29 but anything with 2 hard points and one cannon /gun carrying 650 to 700 kg weight would be awesome for the next step in the evolution of the aircraft. Along with the UCAV these can also be used at the durand line after the fencing and forts. we have sold a decent numbers of these aircraft and we can milk the air frame further by offering upgrades (structural + avionics) and thus making this relevant for the next decade as well.

In late 2017 / early 2018 there were pictures of super mushaks with 2 hard points. Does anyone know the latest on that front e.g. like whats the max TOW, do we have a relevant radar replacement that can be used for some sort of COIN operation and is the glass compatible with night vision gogles etc etc.
I don't think we can make a mushak a A29 but anything with 2 hard points and one cannon /gun carrying 650 to 700 kg weight would be awesome for the next step in the evolution of the aircraft. Along with the UCAV these can also be used at the durand line after the fencing and forts. we have sold a decent numbers of these aircraft and we can milk the air frame further by offering upgrades (structural + avionics) and thus making this relevant for the next decade as well.
Focus needs to now also go in parallel to K8 which has become an orphan. For M's - airframe work has reached its peak; wings can be improved further including hardened landing gear especially if used for game protection/surveillance - there is a huge area of need across this region - large loitering and ability to land and take off in the veldt.

Like the Saab Safari was adopted, a need exists now to move to a turboprop platform.

1594658.jpg

why not convert or new built UAV from Super Mushshak for More Applications:

1 - Reconnaissance
2 - Demining
3 - Commercial aerial surveillance
4 - Cargo transport

For extend production line

Looks like this is the South African civilian company version which bought a few mashaqs

Mushshak has always been able to carry weapons on hard points. Its nothing new. The carrying capacity etc are available on the wikipedia page.

Armament

• Hardpoints: 6× under-wing, maximum external load 300 kg (660 lb) total
  • Possible loads:
    • 2× 7.62 mm machine gun pods
    • 2× 75 mm unguided rocket pod (7 rounds)
    • 4× 68 mm unguided rocket pod (7 rounds)
    • 6× wire-guided anti-tank missiles (ATGMs)

Mushshak has always been able to carry weapons on hard points. Its nothing new. The carrying capacity etc are available on the wikipedia page.

Armament

• Hardpoints: 6× under-wing, maximum external load 300 kg (660 lb) total
  • Possible loads:
    • 2× 7.62 mm machine gun pods
    • 2× 75 mm unguided rocket pod (7 rounds)
    • 4× 68 mm unguided rocket pod (7 rounds)
    • 6× wire-guided anti-tank missiles (ATGMs)
Thanks for tge info. I thought it was a recent development.
I hope we strengthen the airframe and seek from the manufacturer whether we can get a bit more power from tweeking the engine.
The above would let us carry more weight and also add a radar to give it the possibility of carrying small guided misssiles

Looks like this is the South African civilian company version which bought a few mashaqs
That was a small private training company in midrand. but dont know if they are still operating

Qatar Super Mushak aircraft taking part in Qatar National day flyby. Starts from 17:00

lou geee. i didnt know there would be mushaks performing :(:(:(. @Bratva was it the mushaks that made the heart at the end???

Most Pak Air Force Academy Super Mushshaks have now been upgraded with new glass cockpit. The PAF CAS also recently told me the T-37s will be modified with a glass cockpit too. I’m sure this will be the first and only time the veteran jet trainer will go through such s process.
Alan Warnes

Land Platforms

K-8 jet trainer seen with Angolan Air Force markings

Jeremy Binnie, London - Jane's Defence Weekly

04 March 2019

A photograph circulating on the Chinese blogging site Weibo has indicated that Angola is in the process of acquiring Hongdu K-8 jet trainer aircraft.

The photograph showed Luo Ronghuai, president of the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), inspecting a Hongdu facility. In the background a K-8 with the National Air Force of Angola (FANA) roundel on its tail could be seen. The aircraft’s cockpit had been covered for protection and the leading edge of its tail had been removed.

Angola has not traditionally acquired defence equipment from China but it was revealed in January 2017 that its army was operating WMA301 tank destroyers and command post variants of the WZ551 armoured personnel carrier made by the Chinese company Norinco.

Back
Top Bottom