What's new

Musharraf ruined PAF project, says ex-air chief

Both the Departments i.e Airforce and Army should focus on their own selection of weapons depending upon their resources and expertise. Army can't judge which AAM or aircraft is best suited for PAF. Similarly PAF can't decide on which tank or artillery is best suited for the armed forces. So if someone forces procurement of some weapons into PAF, then they will have no choice to take it but will never own it.

Hi,

At the end of the day---you can look at the procurement history of these two---what kind of weapons systems they have. Army has moved ahead with their lives---they are not into " I want the best tank in the world " kind of race---they went ahead swallowed their pride and got the third or the fourth best system available to them---got it integrated and over the years developed it so much to compete the with the enemies very best.

PAF on the other hand wanted the best of the best---if they didnot get it---damned it be to all---they would not go for anything at all---thus at the end of the day they were at the stage where they were 20 years ago in 2005.

If the commanders of the PAF were the general managers of your personal corporation---a busniness that you and your family owned---if it was your money at stake---you would have torn their heads off and put them where there was no light.

Mr Kaleem Sadat and co were playing along after the sanctions came off---they were living in a different planet---time had no urgency to it---there were no preparations made ahead of time when the sanctions would come off---how fast the paf could order the desperately needed equipment.

Again---regarding the awacs scenario---why does paf needs the best of the best---what can this chinese system not do that the swedish can.

Higain---regarding the awacs scenario---why does paf needs the best of the best---what can this chinese system not do that the swedish can.

"REALITY CANNOT BE CONTROLLED, IT'S TOO RANDOM, TOO CHAOTIC ."

You cannot to big thinks with small budget. We have to remind that e started in 1947 and from scratch. The big powers at this moment already had robbed the world by then... The UK, France, Germany, USA etc etc... WE might now even have agreements like WTO but in fact these are just providing these richer nations more powers. Wit less power and collective anti Pakistan actions you might be luck that Al Qaida went to the border region. Atleast now you have the attention but even now... We hear continously we should do this do that. We hardl get valuable finance or weapons to fight. They expect that we act like reliable transit route for their goods, they expect us to move away troops from our real enemy India and fight without decent equipment on the other side. I say, looking at nukes, Babur and other either in friendship with China or totally selfreliance products we did a fine job. We cannot and probably need not the best tank. We should build the most effective weapon. I hardly expect tanks like M1 Abrams with a jet engine effective in guerilla warfare... Neither will the top franch Le Clerk or German Leopard be effective in Pakistan...

Let us see how well Pak countered. Nukes... Anza's.... Bakter Shikan... JF17.... Al Khaled and Al Zarrar.... Babur.... Ra'ad... And with now getting 3 kind of awacs (P3, zdk3,Ericson), Block 52 with c5 and impressive fc20... Exact how many nations did that under these circumstances?:pakistan:

And about Masta Khan. Exactly what is the difference or are we copy posting someone that said there is difference.... It is like JF17 is less then block15 f16.... I am amazed that people tend to copy that...

Last edited:
Hi Munir,

Could you please read your post one more time and then let me know what you are stating. I am sorry I have missed what you wanted to say.

Anybody else understand this post---please let me know.

atleast he spoke truth,but will GENERAL MUSHARRAF BE Punished was his wrong doings n damaging the country.Genral Musharraf was not any highly educated person,nor a naval or airforce officer to understand technology,an illeterate guy who rose to the rank of General,just like GENERAL YAHYA and GENERAL NIAZI.

shame on musraff he should be sentance for doing this how long will we let these army ppl suck a blood of poors.

For as long as we don't learn to vote for better people than zardari and sharif.

very well said friend :toast_sign:

well as it can be said that " hum log chor ko nekal ka dakoo ko lay aatay han"

this is what have happened, musharaf, whatever was wrong with him, was far better than uncle zaardari!! :rofl:

as for this deal, it have been explained in previous posts that this was a good decesion!

the SAAB have fullfiled the demand of urgent procurement and now we can wait for the chines to develop there system or modify it according to our requirment!

also for a country like our, always lkely to face sanctions, it is better to have different suppliers, i myself is even not in favour of 100% reliability on China as it is well said that:
at level of countries and nation, there are no friends, all we have is intrest!!

atleast he spoke truth,but will GENERAL MUSHARRAF BE Punished was his wrong doings n damaging the country.Genral Musharraf was not any highly educated person,nor a naval or airforce officer to understand technology,an illeterate guy who rose to the rank of General,just like GENERAL YAHYA and GENERAL NIAZI.

Hi,

Education in itself will not get you too far. It is what you learn and how you use it will make the difference when you are the president or the prime minister of the country. There are a million and one fools with multiple degrees under their name plates who will run the country into the ground as well.

If the ACM was so right about his assessment, then he should have spoken out at that time when he was in the service---speaking up now seems to be foolish and petty.

It was not Musharraf who let pakistan down---but rather his team of politicians who were not capable to do their jobs right. People like Ch shujaat and Ch pervaiz and co who had the capability to just run and manage local Nazim spots of their constituencies and they became the power brokers---

It was people like Imran Khan, Shahbaz Sharif and Amin Fahim---who prefered their personal petty grudges against Musharraf over pakistan and didnot step forward to take up the challenge of accepting the prime ministership of pakistan that let pakistan down.

Now there is a good chance that we won't have any sanctions---but in the worst case scenario we will still have a couple of awacs to do our biddings. Maybe a little difficult to integrate but not impossible.

atleast he spoke truth,

how do you know the ex-ACM is speaking the truth!

For as long as we don't learn to vote for better people than zardari and sharif.
i understand when u talk about zardari he is not even a man to be discuss here but nawaiz sarif is a ture n one n only leader in the history of pakistan politics who has done alot for pakistan n we as pakistani atleast should never forget to look at the track records of the politicians before we start talking bad about them.when mushraff took over the ledership in 1999 nawiz had 2 3rd of majority in the assembley which never happed before in pakistan never the ppp or anyother party ever won with that much majority.in the history of pakistan when army man took of the leadership ppl started talking bad but as soon as they go down ppl start talking good about them atleast some ppl.

This story has no weight and I request to close this thread.

I don't know if you guys know this when Musharaf went to China with EX-COAS KALEEN S Musharaf saw J-10 demo and told him screw the F-16 lets go for these puppies.

Last edited:
looking at the bigger picture, I'm gonna have to say i'd have to agree with Musharaf's decision.

The Saab systems may be very reliable and whatnot, but in case of sanctions Pak would be totally screwed.

The technical reports might hold a lot of weight, but sometimes success doesn't come through reason and rationality

Back
Top Bottom