What's new

Murree: The legendary Pakistani beer that wants to come to India

Do the rural hicks enjoy toddy? A staple in south India :P
some one told me they have banned alcohal in kerala how effective is that ban doing ? last time i had toddy in kerala had it with spiced bananna chipps (freshlly made) and that evry spicy steamed stuffed fish almost a decade back never been to kerala after that

Do the rural hicks enjoy toddy? A staple in south India :P

Yep.. You get road side stalls like this all over rural Sri Lanka, Cannot miss that.. They make it out of Coconut and Fishtail palm with the latter tasting the best

ra.jpg

But the local tipple is Arrack, Made from toddy.. People drink copious amounts of it.. Pretty potent stuff, Best is to chase with Ginger ale imo
3663942295_fbd6c80c97_z.jpg

digestif-rockland-1237.jpg

1214044965343_01.jpg

I am more of a whisky and scotch guy, but when in mood of having beer, usually takes Budweiser or Tuborg. It's friday and next three days are weekends and independence day. Tum logo ne office me hi mood bana diya :enjoy:.

My First choice :disagree: Due To My canteen card I get rebate on 4 of these Each Month

blacklabel-v2.jpg

I always keep trying the new beer brands. But it is hard to recall the taste of each one.
Ones I liked- corona, stella, hoegarden, budweiser, kingfisher ultra (amazing), millers......
Also, the brews at Toit are great.

some one told me they have banned alcohal in kerala how effective is that ban doing ? last time i had toddy in kerala had it with spiced bananna chipps (freshlly made) and that evry spicy steamed stuffed fish almost a decade back never been to kerala after that

Bans just make things go more underground. I mean they had toddy and arrack bans in TN on and off several times...no net effect....rural folk need their cheap hooch.

My First choice :disagree: Due To My canteen card I get rebate on 4 of these Each Month

blacklabel-v2.jpg

Single malts are where its at though.

Yep.. You get road side stalls like this all over rural Sri Lanka, Cannot miss that.. They make it out of Coconut and Fishtail palm with the latter tasting the best

ra.jpg

But the local tipple is Arrack, Made from toddy.. People drink copious amounts of it.. Pretty potent stuff, Best is to chase with Ginger ale imo
3663942295_fbd6c80c97_z.jpg

digestif-rockland-1237.jpg

1214044965343_01.jpg

Well this stuff is a lot more refined than the arrack I know hehe.

What do they exactly age the arrack in?

Tharra / hooz / tari is the number one liquor sold / drank in India.

I don't drink, so I cannot comment. By the ways are they Pakistani brands because I haven't seen even one Pakistani company in India, and I am pretty positive on that because I used to work for a private equity fund and we had pretty exhaustive list of companies from various national and international databases for due diligence and deal sourcing.

Single malts are where its at though

You need to have a refined taste for single malts mate.. Everyone does'nt have that.. Cos unlike blended Whiskey like Black label or Chivas, Malts should never ever be mixed.. I prefer islay malts to Highland.. I like the honey Peaty taste.. My fav's

Bowmore Islay
Bunnhahabhain
Laphroaig

As for Highland and lowland single malts

Glenmorangie
Glenfiddich

What do they exactly age the arrack in?

(Trincomalee wood, (Berrya cordifolia) Wood casks.. It's what gives the Ceylon Arrack it's distinctive taste

Nahh. M a Tuborg fan. Earlier it was Foster for me.:cheers:
Sometimes Kingfisher green goes well with fried snacks and masala peanuts and some strange (yet delicious) green curd masala chutney.:toast_sign:

I prefer islay malts to Highland.. I like the honey Peaty taste.. My fav's

I find I prefer Highland scotches in the gentle autumns and fresh springs with more air flowing from the scented outdoors.

During winter with the fireplace going, definitely the peaty islays....no questions. Some of the best moments in life indeed.

summers I tend to avoid scotch all together in general.

I don't drink, so I cannot comment. By the ways are they Pakistani brands because I haven't seen even one Pakistani company in India, and I am pretty positive on that because I used to work for a private equity fund and we had pretty exhaustive list of companies from various national and international databases for due diligence and deal sourcing.

Being a teetotaler you wouldn't know. These are desi / local hooch available aplenty through the length and breadth of SA. Some time people go to heaven/hell direct after drinking this. A small price to pay!

no army chief did not live there anymore
quetta distillery is still kicking but not famous and muree or indus

Mush lived there as Chief and continued to live there as Prez. So who lives there now?

Being a teetotaler you wouldn't know. These are desi / local hooch available aplenty through the length and breadth of SA. Some time people go to heaven/hell direct after drinking this. A small price to pay!

Ok

It's a shyt beer mate.. I dunno why people associate Fosters with Australia, No self respecting Aussie will ever touch that, Only Americans do but then again the yanks are used to drinking poor piss

I met some guy in England who liked Fosters. We used to laugh at him, but I was genuinely curious if anyone actually likes Fosters, I mean seriously he's the only man I have ever met who likes Fosters. I bet he likes vegemite too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom