What's new

Murad Saeed announces to extend Swat motorway to Kalam

Road to kalam is already under construction and no need for another one. Instead this motorway should be extended to dir and chitral and beyond.

For that first motorway have to be build up to Kalam, then it can be extended to Chitral.

For that first motorway have to be build up to Kalam, then it can be extended to Chitral.
you cant reach chitral from kalam its from Dir side. i was there 2 years back road till upper dir is good. but to lowari tunnel and beyond is not good and after mastooj its all dirt trek upto Phandar

This guy have no qualification to decide on which road shall be cancelled and which one shall be built instead.
Perfect example of his incompetency is that he cancelled Sukkhur-Hyderabad just to sabotage CPEC and now announced this.... I doubt, if can even build 100 km of motor way in his 5 year tenure?
If he got nothing to do, than he better control the open corruption in NHA!

Well, Sukkur Hyderabad was shelved (postponed) not cancelled due to initial financial position of the country at the start of financial year 2018-19. THe project is still on and the same guy is planning to start it on build operate and transfer basis. Here is the news:

https://www.brecorder.com/2019/04/2...kkur-hyderabad-motorway-projects-murad-saeed/

Furthermore, SWAT Islamabad highway was constructed by KPK government so it has no link with Hyderabad and Sukkur project which is covered under CPEC and is being taken care by Federal Government and NHA.

By the way this incompetent person has brought Pakistan Post into huge profits after decades.

The route to chitral goes through dir. Kalam is on eastern side while chitral on west. A route through kalam would be extremely long. Also a route through dir to chitral can also be connected to Afghanistan and wakhan.

The route to chitral goes through dir. Kalam is on eastern side while chitral on west. A route through kalam would be extremely long. Also a route through dir to chitral can also be connected to Afghanistan and wakhan.
Well i cross passes from kalam to phandar and sorlaspur. just need a tunnel. from maohdand lake go straight and a tunnel under kukush pass and u can reach shandur.

Swat to bahrain is fine but from bahrain to kalaam, It took me 3+ hours last summer. But on the plus side Kalaam was nearly emty, while madyan and bahrain were super packed.
i went there 2012 Kalam was beauty, swat city was so crowded but bahrain kalam mahudand lake were so calm and beautiful

Well i cross passes from kalam to phandar and sorlaspur. just need a tunnel. from maohdand lake go straight and a tunnel under kukush pass and u can reach shandur.

Yes but expensive. A road develops surrounding areas and swat is already much developed as compared to dir. So better go through dir to connect bajaur and chitral to wakhan and even to kunar Afghanistan. It will increase trade and new locations for tourism and develop those undeveloped areas.

Yes but expensive. A road develops surrounding areas and swat is already much developed as compared to dir. So better go through dir to connect bajaur and chitral to wakhan and even to kunar Afghanistan. It will increase trade and new locations for tourism and develop those undeveloped areas.

Just remember Swat motorway was build on BOT basis. Its extention is also likely BOT. So they will only chose route which is developed with certain level of traffic for toll tax.

In all the threads that I have seen so far on PDF your comment sticks out the most cuz it's negative every time, mate it's not good for your mental health...just my 2 cents. Cheers
This guy have no qualification to decide on which road shall be cancelled and which one shall be built instead.
Perfect example of his incompetency is that he cancelled Sukkhur-Hyderabad just to sabotage CPEC and now announced this.... I doubt, if can even build 100 km of motor way in his 5 year tenure?
If he got nothing to do, than he better control the open corruption in NHA!

Back
Top Bottom