What's new

MTCR benefit: India, Russia to develop 600-km range cruise missiles that can cover entire Pakistan

That is not an onyx ,missile looks like a styx.As for c-400 it has no sea skimming mode and only HI-lo profile nor can it perform manuevres and is thus easily shot down, not even close try again.If you want specifics,see the multiple old threads in this matter.Missiles like c-400 with hypersonic speed are 1960s technology like kh-22 of the soviet union,they are nothing special as they are detected at loong distances by defense radars and due to high flight profile and no manuevre ability easily shot down..only hope is massed saturation attacks .But that depends on not facing a layered defence,and missile carriers getting close enough to targets in one piece.
China doesnt even bother to use c-400 itself in any meaningful way, it uses c-802/c-803 which are sea skimmers.

c 400 akg is not a a cruise missile.... it is a quassi ballistic missile... fired from 30000 feet it rises to 80000 and descends on target like a bItch.... vertically hyper sonic at mach 5 and manuvering.... only the initial and terminal flight is powered and it follows ballistic trajectory in cruise phase..... and you think its easy to shoot down and brahmos is not?
and brahmos weighs 3 tons...so it cannot so far be carried on aircraft... unless su 30 are heavily modified and strengthened...
jf 17 can carry 2 cm 400 akg without modification... beat that....

c 400 akg is not a a cruise missile.... it is a quassi ballistic missile... fired from 30000 feet it rises to 80000 and descends on target like a bItch.... vertically hyper sonic at mach 5 and manuvering.... only the initial and terminal flight is powered and it follows ballistic trajectory in cruise phase..... and you think its easy to shoot down and brahmos is not?
and brahmos weighs 3 tons...so it cannot so far be carried on aircraft... unless su 30 are heavily modified and strengthened...
jf 17 can carry 2 cm 400 akg without modification... beat that....

Like i said due to its dive approach,radars pick it up waay early.Its 1960s tech.Easy to detect and easy to shoot down because its incapable of complex manuevres.Even the original producer china prefers supersonic sea skimmers like cx-1 or c-803.Missiles like you describe have been around since 1962..no big deal.
Sea skimming is most important quality in a anti ship cruise missile,because it avoids detection until its very close ..thats when its speed becomes a great asset because reaction speed is so low that close.Speed alone is not of much use if the missile is detected very early because defensive SAM on ships dont have to chase ur fast missile..they only have strike head on in proximity fuze zone.Non manuevering early detection missile easy to calculate and shoot down,no sweat.A manuevering sea skimmer thats also supersonic,detected late and with very little reaction time left from detection to impact....thats a big problem.You don't really have any idea on the mechanics of interception and get hyped by propaganda terms like 'quasi ballistic' missile.This 'quasi ballistic' missile type has been around since 1960s when soviets introduced it.Hype it if you want,who cares.Best weapon in PN arsenal is still its subs,not this quasi propaganda weapon.

k

hawab dekhe jhoote moote
scientists anari be imaan
.....where is nirbhay btw?

So when someone talk about operational product(s) you would like to speak about the one that fails?.

k.

Minimisation is an actual issue with the mind. I would get it checked.

super power awakens
Indians are jumping like chimps over Russian missile P-800 Oniks (600Kms) which is non-Nuclear missile total range of 290Kms. What about Nirbhay who failed many times.

P-800 Oniks:
Variants
  • Oniks – Base version for Russia.
  • Yakhont – Export version of Oniks.
  • Brahmos – Co-developed by Russia and India, based on Oniks, produced by BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited in India. BrahMos-II, a hypersonic version is also being developed.
  • Bastion-P – Coast mobile missile system. Officially it was entered service in 2015.
  • Kh-61 - Air launched ASM AGM version.

Indians are jumping like chimps over Russian missile P-800 Oniks (600Kms) which is non-Nuclear missile total range of 290Kms. What about Nirbhay who failed many times.

And that itself is the difference.

Brahmos IS nuclear capable.

This thread is not for Nirbhay. It is a different class of missiles. Talk about brahmos here.

When? Kab? 2030 :lol:

It is already nuclear compatible. Modified the original post.

Warhead 200 kg (440 lb) conventional semi-armour-piercing and nuclear

And since we are at warhead, Brahmos is bit more lethal than the Oniks its based on. From Block 2 onwards, the JV gave few its own characteristics.

Like i said due to its dive approach,radars pick it up waay early.Its 1960s tech.Easy to detect and easy to shoot down because its incapable of complex manuevres.Even the original producer china prefers supersonic sea skimmers like cx-1 or c-803.Missiles like you describe have been around since 1962..no big deal.
Sea skimming is most important quality in a anti ship cruise missile,because it avoids detection until its very close ..thats when its speed becomes a great asset because reaction speed is so low that close.Speed alone is not of much use if the missile is detected very early because defensive SAM on ships dont have to chase ur fast missile..they only have strike head on in proximity fuze zone.Non manuevering early detection missile easy to calculate and shoot down,no sweat.A manuevering sea skimmer thats also supersonic,detected late and with very little reaction time left from detection to impact....thats a big problem.You don't really have any idea on the mechanics of interception and get hyped by propaganda terms like 'quasi ballistic' missile.This 'quasi ballistic' missile type has been around since 1960s when soviets introduced it.Hype it if you want,who cares.Best weapon in PN arsenal is still its subs,not this quasi propaganda weapon.

And oniks is not 1960s soviet technology i guess??

And for my knowledge please post any info on any other functional quassi ballistic missile...

Bit we failed miserably in subsonic segment, which is considered to be a cost effective solution.
The Nirbhay is still an ongoing project.But I think the attitude of military leaders are a matter of concern regarding this. I think they prefer the use of supersonic over subsonic, hence this disinterest in Nirbhay.
But that's just my opinion.

And oniks is not 1960s soviet technology i guess??

And for my knowledge please post any info on any other functional quassi ballistic missile...

Brahmos block 1 --> Antiship missile plus Land Attack for large Radio Contrast target

And the similarity with the P800 ends right about here....

Brahmos block 2 --> Land Attack with new SCAN seeker plus Steep Diving Complex Trajectory which can attack a small target among multiple targets

Brahmos block 3 ---> Land Attack with improvement in sensors to attack targets in mountainous terrain.

Most of the seeker and electronic improvement is Indian contribution to Brahmos. Please do say it is not.. :) :)

And the similarity with the P800 ends right about here....

No it does not...
Just because u say so??

Just google pics and launchs of both and post a single appreciateable external difference...

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom