What's new

MRCA Competition-threat to PAF?

From what i have learned thru out history living and growing up in the west

ANY NATIONS real might/strength is its Economic/ technologic/ educational might.

THRU out the history of man kind from the great Roman Empire to britians rule of half the world and USA today the NATION with the much greater resources always prevails in the long term.

I actually feel in the next 10 years that Indo Pak conventional/ economic gap will get very big. Far larger than today.

People on this forum are discussing SU30MKI and MMRCA deals. Yet the real threat is the long term PAK FA programme and nuclear Arihant deals combined with the expansion of the indian Navy which is near 80% indengious programme.

I do agree with one aspect that Pakistan will increasingly rely on its nuclear annd missle card and i suspect that has China grows more free military aid will come from them.

I totally agree with you. We have a much lesser defense budget than India has. Moreover majority of planes are from china, I seriously doubt the quality of those products. We need to invest in manufacturing the planes and not just in buying them. China is making planes then why cant we??

CHINA can do it, because its , eco -muscle , but wht about us?
plz stop , down grading , chinese goods , they becoming better & better, look out thier steps in the SPACE, i think , best thing PAKISTAN SHOULD DO, IS TO INCREASE its , Joint ventures with china, not just only in defence, sector but in other genrl , sectors like ENERGY!:smokin:

^^^ you must remember there is no TRUE ally in this present world situation...i want to be frank when when india is no longer an emerging threat to chinese economic monopoly it will start acting tough on pakistan ...then there will be no soft loans etc...this is the reality though some members will go by the idea that chinese and pakistani friendship is beyond containing india i seriously doubt that

^^^ you must remember there is no TRUE ally in this present world situation...i want to be frank when when india is no longer an emerging threat to chinese economic monopoly it will start acting tough on pakistan ...then there will be no soft loans etc...this is the reality though some members will go by the idea that chinese and pakistani friendship is beyond containing india i seriously doubt that

i agree with you buddy, its about strategy of containing India. China has the ambition to grow and project the power through out the world. :coffee:

Dear , its the stratagic partnership, even the threat you are thinking about neutrilized , the relations between CHINA & PAKISTAN , will devolp in greater hights!
thanks

People on this forum are discussing SU30MKI and MMRCA deals. Yet the real threat is the long term PAK FA programme and nuclear Arihant deals combined with the expansion of the indian Navy which is near 80% indengious programme.

Su-30MKI MRCA threat will be utilized very soon... infact the program is already underway. PAK FA is ofcourse a major concern but i am sure as we speak the plan is already underway behind doors which we dont even know of. Arihant is not much of a issue.... most probably Akula 2.. mind you in close waters nuclear powered subs realy dont serve their purpose which is "deep strike" penetration... so if pakistan was 5000 miles apart then i am sure the threat would have been a very major concern. Plus PN is already planed to acquire Type-214 which is a submarine hunter unlike Arihant.

To be fair each everyone of those fighters in the mmrca has its own unique strengths. And weaknesses.

The usa legacy fighters both F16 & F18 are top line is electronics and radars and deadly missles + range of weapons but carry very old air frames. Thet have no TVC canards and the RCS is far larger than all the euro canards.

In some respects the USA wud be bad choice not just from sanctions but also no future upgrades as the USA are clearly moving to F22 & JSF programmes.

All 3 euro canards are awesome in design no sanctions issues but stil fall behind the USA in radars and electronics.

Mig35 is of course a safe bet in sanctions but brings nothing new that IAF does not have in SU30MKI and future PAK FA. IAF may not wish for a pure 100% russian origin air force.

I stil feel the IAF does not trust USA enuf to buy the teens and they already have to much russian hardware/programmes.

That leaves neutral europe no sanctions near full tot. BUT WHICH ONE

Rafale Typhoon hellish expensive

Gripen good price but will kill TEJAS dream completely

To be fair each everyone of those fighters in the mmrca has its own unique strengths. And weaknesses.

The usa legacy fighters both F16 & F18 are top line is electronics and radars and deadly missles + range of weapons but carry very old air frames. Thet have no TVC canards and the RCS is far larger than all the euro canards.

In some respects the USA wud be bad choice not just from sanctions but also no future upgrades as the USA are clearly moving to F22 & JSF programmes.

All 3 euro canards are awesome in design no sanctions issues but stil fall behind the USA in radars and electronics.

Mig35 is of course a safe bet in sanctions but brings nothing new that IAF does not have in SU30MKI and future PAK FA. IAF may not wish for a pure 100% russian origin air force.

I stil feel the IAF does not trust USA enuf to buy the teens and they already have to much russian hardware/programmes.

That leaves neutral europe no sanctions near full tot. BUT WHICH ONE

Rafale Typhoon hellish expensive

Gripen good price but will kill TEJAS dream completely

No man I dont agree last part of your post as India is 1000% committed to develop and induct TEJAS, may be in small numbers, that's why still govt is pushing for this project. This is Indian pride so they will develop TEJAS just in small numbers and rest of modernization will come through MMRCA.

And Yes, F-18SH is going to be a winner until internal politics play some critical role. India need US more than Europe in current geopolitical scenario than Europe.

No man I dont agree last part of your post as India is 1000% committed to develop and induct TEJAS, may be in small numbers, that's why still govt is pushing for this project. This is Indian pride so they will develop TEJAS just in small numbers and rest of modernization will come through MMRCA.

Tejas and in small numbers, that is a wishful thinking at best. Since, Tejas is designed to replace entire inventory of Mig-21s and Mig-27s and will be utilized as a multirole fighter jet at lesser cost as compared to its foriegn counterparts.

And Yes, F-18SH is going to be a winner until internal politics play some critical role. India need US more than Europe in current geopolitical scenario than Europe.

Noway F-18SH has any chance, since F/A-18 is the contender for the same. At the same time, selection of fighter jet has nothing to do with support from US or Europe. India has its independent diplomacy and it doesn't need MRCA selection as a endorsement to gain some browine points in its diplomatic affairs.

By the way sir please dont match india with pakistan. Thats unfair for pakistan. 170 million population, GDP no where near, etc etc. Sorry to say sir but once in ur west that is afghanistan starts getting jet fighters then it would be headach for pakistan. Am very sure afghanistan will catch pakistan alot fast as afghanistan has support of america and britts. They will increase military aid including aid to afghan and ofcourse india already gives over 1 billion dollars per year to afghanistan. Pakistans focus should be afghanistan and not india's MMRCA. thank you.

Dear ISRO2, atleast think sensibly, before you write such dustbin stuff. No space for such drunk statements.

MY goodness. Afghan air force a potential threat for Pakistan and PAF, hahahaha. my God. You must be joking, I am damn sure.

Vow, quite interesting hypothesis, a country (Afghanistan) will become a potential threat for pakistan’s airforce in future. U mean the most backward country in whole asia, a country having no civil and administrative infrastructure. Which lacks any proper military structure and infrastructure, whose 75 % area is directly under Taliban control despite presence of American and 52 allied countries will be a potential threat for PAF. hahaha, seems to me new stuff for a laughter show.

Oh and that American, British and Indian aid to Afghanistan. You know, we simply won’t mind watching all of you wasting their resources in Afghanistan.

As for MRCA, yes Pakistan needs to counter it, and we will, despite all economical hurdles. In the similar fashion as we have done in past against to counter India in areas of missile programs, nuclear weapons and etc.

Tejas and in small numbers, that is a wishful thinking at best. Since, Tejas is designed to replace entire inventory of Mig-21s and Mig-27s and will be utilized as a multirole fighter jet at lesser cost as compared to its foriegn counterparts.

That just proves my point. India will never debunk Tejas project doesn't matter how long it takes to be completed and inducted in IAF.

Noway F-18SH has any chance, since F/A-18 is the contender for the same. At the same time, selection of fighter jet has nothing to do with support from US or Europe. India has its independent diplomacy and it doesn't need MRCA selection as a endorsement to gain some browine points in its diplomatic affairs.

Hmmm... Just wait and see. We know best about Indian diplomacy after all we both are happen to be neighbors of each other :)

Vow, quite interesting hypothesis, a country (Afghanistan) will become a potential threat for pakistan’s airforce in future. U mean the most backward country in whole asia, a country having no civil and administrative infrastructure. Which lacks any proper military structure and infrastructure, whose 75 % area is directly under Taliban control despite presence of American and 52 allied countries will be a potential threat for PAF. hahaha, seems to me new stuff for a laughter show.

So this is what you guys think of Afghanistan......you so called Religious brothers...

Oh and that American, British and Indian aid to Afghanistan. You know, we simply won’t mind watching all of you wasting their resources in Afghanistan.

Well if that the case then why is GOP concerned about Indias Growing influence in Afghanistan....

India's Afghan Aid Irks Pakistan - WSJ.com

So this is what you guys think of Afghanistan......you so called Religious brothers...

Well if that the case then why is GOP concerned about Indias Growing influence in Afghanistan....

India's Afghan Aid Irks Pakistan - WSJ.com

Last i checked it was Gen. McCrystal who was more concerned with Indian influence in Afghanistan not GoP... our concern is what you guys are doing there like funding and training TTP.

Last i checked it was Gen. McCrystal who was more concerned with Indian influence in Afghanistan not GoP... our concern is what you guys are doing there like funding and training TTP.

Did you read the article I posted.....Please do that....

I am sure that India agencies are doing much more in Afghanistan than Building roads...Thats what Embassy are for.....but its for your Government to Prove to the rest of the world...so that they can stop India from doing that.....and till the time you guys can't do that...the statements and concerns are just good for media bites......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom